**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Duke laid another egg tonight. With the way things have gone, they'll be done in the first round of the big tournament!

State flat out beat them. Lowe has done a hell of a job in his first year.....state fans couldn't ask for much more than victories over both Duke and Carolina.

what effect would it have if Miami beat Maryland? right now Miami is up big. I know Miami sucks but Maryland is a top 25 team and would undoubtably drop to a lower seed

Maryland will drop a seed or 2. If they won out they could have been a 3, they will likely be around a 5 or 6 now.

Duke is lucky they got that Clemson win b/c if they ha dlost that game and been 7-10 in the ACC(instead of 8-9 w/ the tourney loss) they probably wouldn't have made the Tourney. As it is they'll probably be an 8 of 9 seed but look at the briht side duke fans- at least you won't lose in the Sweet 16 again.:D

I posted at the start of the season about Tubby Smith and I don't think he'll be fired after this season. Though next year with Bradley/Crawford/Morris coming back he needs to have a big year. I've heard both sides from the media but I don't think Tubby does as good of a job of recruiting as a school like Kentucky should. I haven't heard anything about Patterson or Lucas yet but even if Tubby does not get them they're going to have an expierienced team so Tubby can't have any excuses for another 10 lose season.

I posted at the start of the season about Tubby Smith and I don't think he'll be fired after this season. Though next year with Bradley/Crawford/Morris coming back he needs to have a big year. I've heard both sides from the media but I don't think Tubby does as good of a job of recruiting as a school like Kentucky should. I haven't heard anything about Patterson or Lucas yet but even if Tubby does not get them they're going to have an expierienced team so Tubby can't have any excuses for another 10 lose season.

There is no justification for Tubby to stay, of course the media will say "look at his record" but it's not about JUST the record at a school like Kentucky- it's about FF's and Nat'l Titles and UK hasn't been to a FF since 1998, that is unacceptable in a place like Kentucky especially when they were making it what seemed like every year when he got there.

They aren't going to get in but NC State deserves a tourney spot after this run. I don't see how a team can be denied after showing they are better than 3 top 25 teams on a neutral court. Unfortunately for them they stand almost no chance against Carolina and odds are the game will be over by halftime....but tis a shame nonetheless.

The Agony of Defeat

The crowd is roaring, you find yourself jumping up and down to cheer your team on as time winds down. The score, 50-50 in the MAC Championship game. Time left, less than one minute.

You feel the energy building, Zips get the ball down the court. Pass, pass, shoot!

The crowds collectively gasps...

It's in!

52-50!!!

30 secs or so left.

Redhawks take the ball down the court, shoot, miss! Zips get the rebound, work down the court. Hold the ball until the waining seconds. 8 secs left, go in for the shot.

FOUL!!

In the penalty with 6.6 secs left, Middleton at the line(one of the team's best free throw shooters), with a 1 for 1 chance.

The students/fans leave their seats with the game in hand, rushing to the other side of the arena in order to rush onto the court when time expires.

You round the corner and start to run down the corridor.

"Don't run! Slow down!" from the security guards trying to maintain some order in their building.

Then you hear that sound...

A roar from the crowd, both a mixture of moans and pure joy.

You pause with a moment of bewilderment, out of the corner of your eye you see red moving around a lot.

Your attention goes to the TV on the wall, the Redhawks are in center court tackling each other.

Then you see the replay.

Middleton misses the free throw, Redhawks rebound the ball, push it down court, and shoot a 3 pointer.

It banks off the backboard as time expires.

53-52...

Your jaw drops, your heart sinks.

You've just gone from the highest high to the lowest low in less than 10 secs.

Congratulations, you're a victim of the agony of defeat.

Welcome to Zips basketball, and a blown opportunity at the NCAA tournament.
:boohoo:

They aren't going to get in but NC State deserves a tourney spot after this run. I don't see how a team can be denied after showing they are better than 3 top 25 teams on a neutral court. Unfortunately for them they stand almost no chance against Carolina and odds are the game will be over by halftime....but tis a shame nonetheless.

They are playing like a Tourney team(they are playing like a tam that could be a Sweet 16 team) but they didn't do enough all year so they don't deserve it unless they beat the Heels today. Missing Atsur early on was a killer for them, iof he was healthy all year they'd easily be a Tourney team.

fsu has been snubed for the 3rd year in a row now why so little respect

The selection committe has a few unwritten rules that they seem to adhere to, and one of the most notable ones is that if you're under .500 in league play you don't make it to the dance. It is a shame FSU didn't make it since their major slump could be attributed to the loss of Douglas....if they had just played a little better in the ACC tourney I think they would of gotten in. They looked so bad against Clemson and UNC...and those games are what is in the minds of the committe, not their wins a month ago.

The selection committe has a few unwritten rules that they seem to adhere to, and one of the most notable ones is that if you're under .500 in league play you don't make it to the dance. It is a shame FSU didn't make it since their major slump could be attributed to the loss of Douglas....if they had just played a little better in the ACC tourney I think they would of gotten in. They looked so bad against Clemson and UNC...and those games are what is in the minds of the committe, not their wins a month ago.

especially considering Syracuse went 10-6 in conference play and cant get in...explain that one.

Back
Top Bottom