*** Official New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Wk14 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Wk14

Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep thinking we would be better if not for all the injuries.....of course we would but the pats have injuries too. I believe they have like half their draft picks in IR. I wish every team could stay healthy and see what happens but this is football.

Anyone that ever cites "The Patriots have a bunch of draft picks on IR" as an injury issue for the Patriots does not pay attention to what they do every single season.

They're notorious for trying to stash half of their draft picks, if not more, on injured reserve as a clever way to get them mental reps without having to cut them outright.

What fool believes we can beat patriots today? Come out of it folks.

Sometimes I detest loving this team so damn much.

My stomach hurts so badly. Its not butterflies. It's a wrenching in the gut as if a dry heave is about to come on.

Because there's always that chance. There is always that any given sunday with this team.

And I can't even drink today because I leave for a long drive to Tennesse tonight. :nuke:

People keep thinking we would be better if not for all the injuries.....of course we would but the pats have injuries too.

Yeah but we lost our biggest homerun hitter on offense. I don't care how mediocre Wilson's past has been, with him on the field, you felt like he could break one on any given play.

The ability to take it to the house on any given play is so important. It means that even from behind you have the ability to return a score quickly.

How important was that miracle bomb vs the Bills? We are not a team with that ability. We have to dink and dunk our way to success.

Throw in that our greatest threat to pick one of the great QBs of all time is out and this game just seems hopeless.

Who is taking over for X? Because If I were Belicheat, I'd pick on that DB all day long even if it's Minkah.

Minkah has been great but he has a tendency to put his hands up without looking back for the ball and you KNOW the memo was sent last night- Pats get EVERY call even if it decides the game.

Anyone that ever cites "The Patriots have a bunch of draft picks on IR" as an injury issue for the Patriots does not pay attention to what they do every single season.

They're notorious for trying to stash half of their draft picks, if not more, on injured reserve as a clever way to get them mental reps without having to cut them outright.
regardless, they have as many players on IR as we do, no? Funny how we complain about what the pats do all the time but they get results every year.

Yeah but we lost our biggest homerun hitter on offense. I don't care how mediocre Wilson's past has been, with him on the field, you felt like he could break one on any given play.

The ability to take it to the house on any given play is so important. It means that even from behind you have the ability to return a score quickly.

How important was that miracle bomb vs the Bills? We are not a team with that ability. We have to dink and dunk our way to success.

Throw in that our greatest threat to pick one of the great QBs of all time is out and this game just seems hopeless.

Who is taking over for X? Because If I were Belicheat, I'd pick on that DB all day long even if it's Minkah.

Minkah has been great but he has a tendency to put his hands up without looking back for the ball and you KNOW the memo was sent last night- Pats get EVERY call even if it decides the game.
Like I said, we miss those players like Wilson, Grant, Taylor, Hayes and Sitton. Of course it'd be great to have them all but it's not realistic to think that we'll have no injuries. We can say that we'd beat other teams if we had everyone but those teams are missing players too.

regardless, they have as many players on IR as we do, no? Funny how we complain about what the pats do all the time but they get results every year.

The Patriots stashing a bunch of rookies isn't nearly the same as Miami losing multiple guys who made the 53, including a bunch of starters. Not even in the same ballpark.

If you don't think injuries are a valid excuse, that's fine, but please don't ever compare what the Patriots do with their rookie classes to a team having legitimate injuries. What New England is doing is unethical and is technically a league rules violation. I think they've only been called out on it once, and it was by Tom Coughlin some years ago.

Agree! Plus, Burke against the Pats with no X! It’s ****ing over. Hopefully this will be an eye opner for the delusional fans that there needs to be changes in Miami.

You don't even have to cite missing X which is absolutely devastating but all you have to say is simply... Burke.

The effing guy refuses to blitz and we all know the playbook for beating Brady is hitting him consistently. It's doesn't even have to be a sack, just knocking him down regularly. It's his kryptonite. Ask the Giants.

Here's hoping our front four took that Ivan Drago needle to their butts today.

The Patriots stashing a bunch of rookies isn't nearly the same as Miami losing multiple guys who made the 53, including a bunch of starters. Not even in the same ballpark.

If you don't think injuries are a valid excuse, that's fine, but please don't ever compare what the Patriots do with their rookie classes to a team having legitimate injuries. What New England is doing is unethical and is technically a league rules violation. I think they've only been called out on it once, and it was by Tom Coughlin some years ago.
I already said that the injuries do hurt us. How can they not?. The only point I was trying to make is not it's not fair to say we could beat other teams if we had everyone when other teams(not just the pasts)are missing players too. The real question should be, can we beat other teams if BOTH teams have everyone healthy?

If Burke is so smart then he will bring his winning game plan from last year in here today. That is blitzing and man coverage with contact at the line.
Or maybe he just tries something new to show how smart he is.

I already said that the injuries do hurt us. How can they not?. The only point I was trying to make is not it's not fair to say we could beat other teams if we had everyone when other teams(not just the pasts)are missing players too. The real question should be, can we beat other teams if BOTH teams have everyone healthy?

Right, but the face value notion that Miami missing Albert Wilson, Marqueis Gray, or Josh Sitton is equivalent to the Patriots missing Braxton Berrios is just completely absurd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom