*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two

After thinking about Miami's 3 picks so far, I just can't shake the bad feeling about what the team has done. First I'll admit, Harris comes with some serious pass rush tools to work with. But needs to improve in the run game to become a more complete player. McMillan is a typical "Mike LB" and is what this team has lacked over the last few seasons. But McMillan also comes with some questions as well, with regard to his coverage ability. Tankersley at 1st was someone I thought was better than he may actually be. There are several areas he needs to improve on. To me It's all about sub packages for Harris and Tankersley in the first year, with an eye on major improvement to be more of base defense players. McMillan is the only one who looks like he's capable right now to contribute in base. What worries me is the split in opinions from the TV talking heads with most being negative about Miami's draft haul so far. And the positive opinions coming from the online and print drafniks. Two men's opinions that I trust very much are even split. With Mike Mayock being negative and Hub Arkush of Pro Football Weekly being much more positive on what Miami has done, going as far as, to call both Tankersley and McMillan "Steals". And that is why my feelings today are the most unsettling and confused in the 30 years, I've been watching and following the NFL Draft. Hopefully they all will turn into major contributors so I can rest easily once again.

Don't worry about what people who get paid to copy off each other say and look at the players for yourself. If people dedicated the same amount of time to looking at prospects than they did reading about what other people think about said prospects, the draft wouldn't be such a mystery.

Edit: was the right thread :lol:

After thinking about Miami's 3 picks so far, I just can't shake the bad feeling about what the team has done. First I'll admit, Harris comes with some serious pass rush tools to work with. But needs to improve in the run game to become a more complete player. McMillan is a typical "Mike LB" and is what this team has lacked over the last few seasons. But McMillan also comes with some questions as well, with regard to his coverage ability. Tankersley at 1st was someone I thought was better than he may actually be. There are several areas he needs to improve on. To me It's all about sub packages for Harris and Tankersley in the first year, with an eye on major improvement to be more of base defense players. McMillan is the only one who looks like he's capable right now to contribute in base. What worries me is the split in opinions from the TV talking heads with most being negative about Miami's draft haul so far. And the positive opinions coming from the online and print drafniks. Two men's opinions that I trust very much are even split. With Mike Mayock being negative and Hub Arkush of Pro Football Weekly being much more positive on what Miami has done, going as far as, to call both Tankersley and McMillan "Steals". And that is why my feelings today are the most unsettling and confused in the 30 years, I've been watching and following the NFL Draft. Hopefully they all will turn into major contributors so I can rest easily once again.

These guys may not end up being steals but look solid, no injury questions, much better than last year outside of Tunsil

Back
Top Bottom