*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3

In your opinion. His worst film came in his best games. He has a ton of question marks and bad knees. Definitely not our kinda 1st round pick. Plus he’s pigeon holed at RT, can’t really play guard.

Think a less athletic Juwuan James.

See, this is contradictory information. You're making him sound like the perfect Miami Dolphin.

Erik McCoy would be so awesome. Ford would be a great pick too. My top options for OL

Greedy, Murphy, Rock, Love - would take any of these cbs

Safety - Adderly, Thornhill

Winovich

Rd 3/4 - Hollins come on down. Nate Davis. China Edoga. The Oklahoma RT- name escaping me right now

LOL

How do you tweet “names to watch” and then list the entire group of second round prospects?

Based on where we draft and who can go before or due to trades .

Anyways after round 1 the picks become more about fit than anything

IMHO, if we can get an edge rusher in this tier, we take him. It's not going to be the elite guys like Allen, Ferrell, Burns, Sweat, etc. because they're all now gone. But if we can get a scheme fit like Zach Allen that has to be the call. If he's not there, other possibilities may be available, but round 2 is probably our last chance to get an impactful edge rusher. I would prioritize that in the 2nd round.

In the 3rd, keep looking in the trenches and see what's left. I would _still_ go defense in the 3rd and seek DL guys who are scheme fits.

Then on Saturday I'd focus on two groups primarily, OL and DB. We need all spots along the OL, and I think this draft has a lot of depth, so there will be decent OL prospects in every round, with the 4th and 5th being unusually rich in prospects and probably the last chance for an instant-starter. If we follow the Patriots mold of going for guys who can contribute right away and get 4 years of inexpensive salary for solid production, I think we can find a couple of those guys in rounds 4 and 5. The CB class is also pretty decent throughout the remaining rounds, so I'd have a short list of CB's in each round.

One guy in particular that might be worth targeting is Kris Boyd. The kid looked dominant at times, and has the tools. It's a question of whether we can get it out of him.

There are 3 positions we should be looking at tonight. O-line, Corner and Edge

Keep in mind we're looking for high character players like Minkah and Wilkins.

Only one corner taken last night so there's value for Corners in the 2nd round.

O-line. My favorites would be Risner(great character) Jenkins, Ford and McCoy

Edge-I like Ximines, Omunihu and Winovich.

I'd be good with moving down and get an extra 3rd but will be ok staying put for a top talent that fell to us as well.

Here's My draft board right now:

1. Drew Lock QB - (this would be insane value if he fell to us in the 2nd)
2. Juwaan Taylor RT - Can't believe the fall, mando's tweet makes me sad.
3. Chase Winovich DE - Another fantastic value pick
4. Nasir Adderley S - I love this kid, thought he would be gone by now
5. Cody Ford T/G - First round talent in the 2nd, sign me up
6. Dalton Risner G - We need help on the line another that had a chance to go in the first
7. Byron Murphy CB - First round talent, can't believe he's still there.
8. Erik McCoy C - Way too good to pass up here
9. Greedy Williams CB - I didn't like him in the first but he is way more intriguing now
10. Deebo Samuel WR - The best wideout at the senior bowl by a long way, are Grant and Wilson going to return to the form they showed in 2018 ? Need insurance.
11. Rock Ya Sin CB - Hell yeah at this spot
12. DK Metcalf WR - Freakish Athelete boom or bust.
13. Hakeem Butler WR - Has a ceiling that is through the roof
14. Chuma Edoga OT - He was along with Adderley my primary targets for the 2nd round, at this rate with the talent left on the board we could get him in the 3rd or with a trade back in 2, great value.
15. Parris Campbell WR - That speed is insane.
16. AJ Brown WR - Probably a better wideout than most of the other wideouts higher up on my board right now, high floor guy.
17. Andy isabella WR - Love this kid, could drop to the third, height is a little bit of a concern but the speed is insane.
18. Gregg Little OT - Another lineman available, a huge position of need of cours.
19. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S - Gators bias here but another kid that has real talent.
20. Jachai Polite LB/DE - Again a bit of bias, but I watched every game this kid played, his combine was awful but what he put out there on tape makes me want to take a punt on him.

Putting this list together and I just couldn't stop, there is so much talent up for grabs in the next two rounds, I haven't even put Charles Omenihu (sp?) on this list because I'm pretty sure he'll be there in the 3rd for us.

Edit Just remembered Emmanual Hall WR, he will be there in the 3rd, that's fantastic value.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom