*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3

yes maybe in years past. Not with this regime. We are looking for versatile leaders. I have a feeling that Taylor is not even on our radar.

"Versatile leaders" "Not with this regime" "maybe in years past"

*thinks hard about this*

"Minkah Fitzpatrick."

werent we giving Chris Grier credit for last years draft?

I have certainly been giving Chris Grier 'credit' for every draft this team has had during which he was the head of college scouting or the General Manager. Oddly enough, a lot of people have told me I am crazy for that, and that it was ALL Ireland's fault and ALL Tannenbaum's fault. And now Chris Grier has been UNLEASHED to do things his way.

:shrug:

I have certainly been giving Chris Grier 'credit' for every draft this team has had during which he was the head of college scouting or the General Manager. Oddly enough, a lot of people have told me I am crazy for that, and that it was ALL Ireland's fault and ALL Tannenbaum's fault. And now Chris Grier has been UNLEASHED to do things his way.

:shrug:

Yeah unfortunately it goes both ways for Chris. He deserves some blame for the bad picks and he deserves credit for some picks. He is also going to get criticism he may not deserve and some credit he doesnt deserve.

There is nobody now to push blame to. So if Grier wants to show he is not part of the problem he has to deal with the hits and misses and let's not kid ourself he will have both. He cannot try to force players like Ireland. Nor should he just base solely on what you think someone should be based on tangibles

Here's My draft board right now:

1. Drew Lock QB - (this would be insane value if he fell to us in the 2nd)
2. Juwaan Taylor RT - Can't believe the fall, mando's tweet makes me sad.
3. Chase Winovich DE - Another fantastic value pick
4. Nasir Adderley S - I love this kid, thought he would be gone by now
5. Cody Ford T/G - First round talent in the 2nd, sign me up
6. Dalton Risner G - We need help on the line another that had a chance to go in the first
7. Byron Murphy CB - First round talent, can't believe he's still there.
8. Erik McCoy C - Way too good to pass up here
9. Greedy Williams CB - I didn't like him in the first but he is way more intriguing now
10. Deebo Samuel WR - The best wideout at the senior bowl by a long way, are Grant and Wilson going to return to the form they showed in 2018 ? Need insurance.
11. Rock Ya Sin CB - Hell yeah at this spot
12. DK Metcalf WR - Freakish Athelete boom or bust.
13. Hakeem Butler WR - Has a ceiling that is through the roof
14. Chuma Edoga OT - He was along with Adderley my primary targets for the 2nd round, at this rate with the talent left on the board we could get him in the 3rd or with a trade back in 2, great value.
15. Parris Campbell WR - That speed is insane.
16. AJ Brown WR - Probably a better wideout than most of the other wideouts higher up on my board right now, high floor guy.
17. Andy isabella WR - Love this kid, could drop to the third, height is a little bit of a concern but the speed is insane.
18. Gregg Little OT - Another lineman available, a huge position of need of cours.
19. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S - Gators bias here but another kid that has real talent.
20. Jachai Polite LB/DE - Again a bit of bias, but I watched every game this kid played, his combine was awful but what he put out there on tape makes me want to take a punt on him.

Putting this list together and I just couldn't stop, there is so much talent up for grabs in the next two rounds, I haven't even put Charles Omenihu (sp?) on this list because I'm pretty sure he'll be there in the 3rd for us.

Edit Just remembered Emmanual Hall WR, he will be there in the 3rd, that's fantastic value.
that's a nice list but 13 players will be taken before we're on the clock. Still, I believe we're gonna have a nice list of 4 or 5 very good players to pick from and moving back for an extra 3rd should be an option.

As I've begun to read up on Greg Little, I'd be concerned. There is an analysis out that states he doesn't have a good work ethic. The team which drafts him is going to have work to do with this kid. Not sure I'd want that on my team; especially in round #2?

got my flippers crossed we can land 2 from the following:

C Eric McCoy
T Dalton Risner
T Cody Ford
T Chuma Edoga
DE Zach Allen
Edge Ben Banogu
WR Deebo Samuel

Did I mention, ILB/MLB linebacker is a huuuuuge weakness in this team, especially inside. I think we all know that this team has not be able to stop the run for years, I mean years. The Phins do not have the LB talent to be competitive, it amazes me that soo many think that K. Alonso is Zack Thomas, Bryan Cox and John Offerdahl rolled into one. Yeah not so much. So now we have Durval Queiroz Neto and C. Wlikins, if Neto turns out to be above average, and Wilkins lives up to his promise, the D Line is set. With the addition of a couple of linebackers, the run stopping is cured!!! Well anyway that's how my "not contributing anything humanity mind" sees it, hehehehe

The Ever Loving To Make $$$$ Without Breaking A Sweat VIPER

Grier has been at the point for the last 3 drafts.

IMO I see definite improvement.

He may not be the ultimate draft maven of all time but
I believe he's definitely one of the better young dudes
in the NFL. Beyond that -- I really like the additions he
brought in with Marvelous Marvin and McKenzie.

It's time to be optimistic!

Give the process a chance...

BNF

that's a nice list but 13 players will be taken before we're on the clock. Still, I believe we're gonna have a nice list of 4 or 5 very good players to pick from and moving back for an extra 3rd should be an option.

Absolutely, my list was based on our needs, so I would imagine the other teams that have a much different board. For example Benny Snell is not on my list because he's one hell of a good prodpect but I don't see the need for us to go RB in round 2. I think we need a RB but much lower, I'm showing my Gators bias once more and would be targetting Jordan Scarlett in round 5 or so, as he would complement our two studs perfectly. I might even take a chance on Holyfield despite his 40 time in the lower rounds or as a UDFA.

Top and bottom of it is that there will be lots of choices available.

2vvqk47.jpg

Trade down get additional pics and get me two of the 3 canes. Joe and Micheal Jackson or Willis

Back
Top Bottom