*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1 | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1

We just drafted Darnold and Allens favorite receiver for the next decade. Im loving this pick, what a stud, his work ethic and desire for greatness is nearly unparalleled. Can not believe we got him at 11....smack me....i must've fallen asleep at my desk....is it still Thursday afternoon?????

Last edited:
Great pick! He wasn't mentioned a ton here on FH mainly because not many thought he would make it past 6 or 7. Now go get Goedert and I'll be doing backflips at 54 yrs old!

Lol can't believe some people are mad about this pick. Homerun pick. Our 3rd down defense has SUCKED for like 15 years. Especially the pass defense. Now you can have a combination of Howard/Tank/McCain/Minkah/Reshad/McDonald/Raekwon on passing downs. Hate Kiko? Well don't have to watch him chase 10 yards behind receivers on 3rd down anymore. Now you have McDonald or Minkah doing that. Gives us so much flexibility.

It's pretty simple. Instead of having Alonso on 3rd down, you have McDonald. And a guy with more range on the back end in Minkah.

3 years of high end production in the SEC, high end athlete, extremely high character. Give your heads a shake.

Who starts at LB on first and second down? How does this move improve our coverage of the TE on 1st and 2nd down? That was one of our biggest weaknesses last year.

I agree that this pick has improved our 3rd down sub package.

Hopefully Fitzpatrick doesn't underachieve in the NFL like many other Alabama DBs.

I'll be honest when the Raiders were on the clock before the trade happened I was thinking we are going to take Josh Rosen. Despite the fact he is my favourite QB in this class I'm kinda glad that the Cardinals moved up to take him.

Fitzpatrick will be an excellent addition to our defense. I did like Vita Vea or Tremaine Edmunds, even Derwin James as options at 11. But Fitzpatrick was arguably the bpa and our front office made the right choice. Good start.

OUTSTANDING pick. Fitz is the real deal. As soon as Roquan went to the Bears I was hoping Fitz would fall and Miami would pounce. Tremendous talent and a guaranteed plug and play, contribute heavily right away type of 1st rounder the Fins have needed.

I really liked the Seahawks pick of Rashaad Penny. They probably could have waited on it but I was also high on this guy. I guess that leaves Mark Walton for us. :D

11) Miami Dolphins: CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama – The temptation was there to transition from QB Ryan Tannehill. Instead, the Dolphins picked up one of the most exciting defenders in the draft. Fitzpatrick would have been a fine pick in the top 5. In a choice between Fitzpatrick and Derwin James, Miami couldn’t have gone wrong with either of them. Best all-around DB in the draft. Saban sic’d him on any top receiver the Tide was facing or had him cover over the top as a safety. Considering Alabama’s DBs typically do well in the league, this was a solid pick. Grade: A

https://sports.yahoo.com/premature-2018-nfl-draft-grades-round-1-050551527.html

Sometime you need to take talent over need, Colorado CB Isaiah Oliver will more than likely be the most talented player, even more so than alot of evaluators think....1st round talented CB which would allow Miami to slide all there cornerbacks down a notch and drastically increase are coverage ability. This pick gives us true #1 cornerback who can hang with the best receivers in the NFL it also makes Howard a better player because he now going against #2 receivers and also puts CB's McCain and Tankersley in direct competition.....

Scouting report by Brett Kollmann is excellent and he has me sold on this prospect - hook, line and sinker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_stSvqc4gMk

6' 0" 201 lbs 33 1/2” long arms runs 4.5 - tall long arm CB who has excellent technique - some evaluators missed here

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/isaiah-oliver?id=32462018-0002-5600-60bd-a43f07022acb

Seen what someone claimed was inside info on Dolphins needs - Claim Dolphins front office view CB as a significant need

This kid has to be our 2nd round pick - Gase should wait for his TE and get him in the 3rd

Oliver should have 1st round top 20 grade

did anyone see Lamar Jackson's interview at the end of the draft, after he was drafted? Im so glad we didn't draft him, he sounded like he had no idea how to speak. Sounded like he wasn't happy either. Definitely not a Gase guy.

did anyone see Lamar Jackson's interview at the end of the draft, after he was drafted? Im so glad we didn't draft him, he sounded like he had no idea how to speak. Sounded like he wasn't happy either. Definitely not a Gase guy.
Reminded me of that horrible qb in tampa who likes crablegs.

Not what I said. We had a chance to get a stud LB at a position of extreme need. I am not hating on Fitz... I just see a a higher priority problem that we haven't addressed.
If Smith would've been available I think you'd be right. Minkah was absolutely the right pick who knows the teams plans for T.J. seeming like more 2 linebacker sets. T.J. has the body type for a hybrid. One thing about Fitz he's a day one game changer and a leader. We are lucky to have the 2nd best defender in the draft at 11, be happy with that and let the rest of the draft play out.

I expect some trade ups ealry in round 2. Hopefully no team
comes up and starts the TE run.

Back
Top Bottom