*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1 | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1

I really liked the Seahawks pick of Rashaad Penny. They probably could have waited on it but I was also high on this guy. I guess that leaves Mark Walton for us. :D

My brother who's a Seahawks fan was doing backflips at the pick. I sent him a "WTF" message about it, but he was pretty happy about it.

Who starts at LB on first and second down? How does this move improve our coverage of the TE on 1st and 2nd down? That was one of our biggest weaknesses last year.

I agree that this pick has improved our 3rd down sub package.

Hopefully Fitzpatrick doesn't underachieve in the NFL like many other Alabama DBs.

Obviously it would be nice to have a linebacker. And I'd expect us to grab one. But the pick gives us plenty of flexibility on early downs, and you'll see plenty of early down looks with only 2 LB's because Minkah plays the run great, as does Reshad and TJ. It will be easier to disguise our coverages too without changing up personnel groupings. You also have a guy who can play centerfield instead of someone like Michael Thomas, I think that early down upgrade speaks for itself.

It's just nice to get a football player for a change, the guy is a squeaky clean prospect. You might have more upside with a guy like Edmunds but the floor is much lower. I personally would've loved either or Derwin, but Minkah does the most for this defense and is the most likely one to hit of the bunch without a doubt. The culture hand may a bit overplayed, but he'll be huge for culture.

Imagine if we turn around today and add a guy like Griffin to this defense, those would be two huge culture builders.

Last edited:
I don’t think the tight ends are gonna start flying off before us. There’s plenty of talent left that will be great value in the early second - which I feel will start to dry up come our pick, I can see us starting the te run

I believe TE, LB, DT all at play in today's rounds.

I'd personally want to come out of the 3rd round with Lauletta, but we'll see. Might have to use our two 4th rounders to get back into the 3rd and get him if he's still there.

I believe TE, LB, DT all at play in today's rounds.

I'd personally want to come out of the 3rd round with Lauletta, but we'll see. Might have to use our two 4th rounders to get back into the 3rd and get him if he's still there.

Beasley said he believes Miami trades both 4th founders to get another 3rd and that would mean they get their LB, QB, and RB.

Beasley said he believes Miami trades both 4th founders to get another 3rd and that would mean they get their LB, QB, and RB.
Make that a TE instead of a RB and I'd be all for that in day 2 of the draft.

So what does everyone think of the Steelers picking Edmunds? Might be deeper back in the pages but wow I don’t think anyone saw him going in round 1..

Back
Top Bottom