*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1 | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1

Thank heavens Jackson to the Ravens and not the Pats

Goodert and Fitz would be an epic first two rounds honestly. Two guys that would get heavy playing time in 2018.

Ravens trading up to get Jackson is puzzling. Think Flacco is under contract til 2021. Good for Lamar though, great way to begin his career under the wing of a super bowl winner.

Harold Landry still out there. He should go early tomorrow.

I could see Guice in Indy with one of those early picks tomorrow.

Isiah Oliver and Maurice Hurst should be in the mix for the top 10 selections tomorrow too.

Willy Hernandez might be tempting. Wont get past Denver.

Looking like a strong possibility Goedert or Gesicki will be there at 42.

We can cross Baltimore off the TE list at least.

Wow just realized both Iowa guys are there still. And Sutton, Kirk

I want a TE as much as anyone but there is serious talent out there.

Last edited:
Five Quarterbacks taken in the first round and two to our division rivals. This needs to be a make or break year for Tannehill, Gase, and this front office.

This draft has broken down extremely well for us. A ton of talent is left in the top end of the 2nd ...we could have our choice on TEs left, I don't see where one would go ahead of us

We got what may turn out to be the best defensive player of the draft! I never had a real good feeling about Edmunds, even Smith had questions.

I originally felt we didn't need secondary with X and other young cornerbacks. But our defensive backfield may be one of the very best in this league now. Minkah will be a great NFL player.

In the 2nd go get Goedert unless Guice or Chubb is still on the board.

THANK YOU ARIZONA. THANK YOU BALTIMORE. I can still be a Dolphin fan.

Last edited:
still laughing at everyone on this forum who pulled for us taking any of these QB. lmfao.

we landed the fourth best player in this draft by just sitting at #11.

Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, Fitzpatrick.

i was hoping for james or smith or edmunds, because i never thought Fitz would fall.

perfect player fits perfect need at incredible value.

THAT is how you do it.

Lol can't believe some people are mad about this pick. Homerun pick. Our 3rd down defense has SUCKED for like 15 years. Especially the pass defense. Now you can have a combination of Howard/Tank/McCain/Minkah/Reshad/McDonald/Raekwon on passing downs. Hate Kiko? Well don't have to watch him chase 10 yards behind receivers on 3rd down anymore. Now you have McDonald or Minkah doing that. Gives us so much flexibility.

It's pretty simple. Instead of having Alonso on 3rd down, you have McDonald. And a guy with more range on the back end in Minkah.

3 years of high end production in the SEC, high end athlete, extremely high character. Give your heads a shake.

I just have this Jason Allen feeling about Fitzpatrick. Kind of a safety/cornerback tweener. Maybe it’s the Saban/SEC connection. Edmunds had so much more upside, but I guess Dion Jordan did too. I’ll settle for it, but I’m not super excited about the pick.

The only similarities I see between Fitzpatrick and Allen are that they both played CB/S in college and they're both from the SEC.

They are completely different players on the football field. Nothing alike. Jason Allen's best play doesn't compare with Minkah's worst. Talent wise they aren't comparable either. Jason Allen was widely seen as a reach. Minkah is a steal.

Backflips. Been doing them for hours now. Seriously GTFO if you don't like this pick.

I can't wait to watch Fitz pick off Allen and Darnold for years to come. Rosen and Baker were the better QBs this year, the fact our rivals took the other guys is the Cherry on top.

Hats off to our front office with the masterful media work. The amount of articles we got to read talking about us trading up or taking a QB at 11 just had me smiling the weeks leading up to the draft. End of the day we had our pick of three top flight defensive players and landed one we never dreamed would be there.

Backflips.

Back
Top Bottom