*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1 | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Round 1

I just have this Jason Allen feeling about Fitzpatrick. Kind of a safety/cornerback tweener. Maybe it’s the Saban/SEC connection. Edmunds had so much more upside, but I guess Dion Jordan did too. I’ll settle for it, but I’m not super excited about the pick.

I just have this Jason Allen feeling about Fitzpatrick. Kind of a safety/cornerback tweener. Maybe it’s the Saban/SEC connection. Edmunds had so much more upside, but I guess Dion Jordan did too. I’ll settle for it, but I’m not super excited about the pick.

Rosen is a candidate for season ending concussions. I still hope we get a QB in the next two rounds.

Fitz is one of the best 5 players in the draft.
NFL scouts watched tapes of Edmunds and James in their big games this year and were not impressed. Thats why they fell.
Edmunds is still raw, mediocre in coverage and James simply did not play hard.
Thats why Ward and Fitz were much more regarded. If not for the teams foolishly drafting the overrated QBs Minkah would have been drafted way higher.

Lazy comparison.

It would have been so TBum to overreach for Mr Wonderlic..just relieved he didnt and grabbed one of Saban's all time favorite players.

Jason Allen was as dumb as a brick. Just watch a clip of Minkah talking about football and you will see they aren't in the same universe.

Forum crashed on me for awhile, but do you think the cardinals thought they may need to jump us for Rosen?

Dam, I wanted Hurst badly...oh well, still quite a few very good TEs out there.

Buffalo grabbing Tremaine Edmunds was a kick in the nuts (love that kid), but I’m overjoyed we were able to grab Minkah!

For me it was between Minkah Fitzpatrick and Tremaine Edmunds. The way I see it, we got tremendous value for one of the best defensive players in this draft. I don’t see how anyone can complain with this pick.

Nick Saban said he’s one of the best players he’s ever coached, if that’s not a ringing endorsement I don’t what is. Hopefully, we have our perennial All-Pro for many years to come. It was an intelligent and great pick.

Fitz is one of the best 5 players in the draft.
NFL scouts watched tapes of Edmunds and James in their big games this year and were not impressed. Thats why they fell.
Edmunds is still raw, mediocre in coverage and James simply did not play hard.
Thats why Ward and Fitz were much more regarded. If not for the teams foolishly drafting the overrated QBs Minkah would have been drafted way higher.

Why would teams draft James and Edmunds in the middle of the first round if they weren't impressed? I doubt there were any teams that didn't have a first round grade on those two players. They may have drafted another player earlier that they liked but that doesn't mean Edmunds and James were disappointing or not impressive.

Back
Top Bottom