*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3 | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Thread *** Rounds 2 & 3

It's a need I guess, not thrilled we didn't swing for Rudolph but understand the pick.

I hope they trade up ahead of the Pats to take Lauletta either end of 3rd or early 4th.

I would have preferred Griffin there. Better motor and the guy will never give up. Hope he goes somewhere tonight. Only guy still sitting in the green room. Was hoping Seattle might pair him up with his twin brother. Just a great story and great kid.

I've kind of come to the conclusion that QB is not on their radar this year, rather we don't waste a pick on any that are left personally. Fill some more holes, get a DT, perhaps double down on LB and TE and take a flyer on a late round RB.

I would have preferred Griffin there. Better motor and the guy will never give up. Hope he goes somewhere tonight. Only guy still sitting in the green room. Was hoping Seattle might pair him up with his twin brother. Just a great story and great kid.

The kid has accomplished more than most ever will in life and is to be applauded for his ability and fire but at the elevated competition level of the NFL having only one hand is going to put him and a team at a disadvantage. I understand goodwill and him deserving something for his sacrifices but unfortunately that's just not gonna fly at the pro level.

And....why did he show up at the draft and hang in the green room with sure 1st rounders?? The jaded view would be that someone thought a team would feel sorry for him at some point and take him but it just doesn't work that way. Teams are gonna want LB's who can cover using two hands to interrupt, deflect, and intercept, etc.

Last edited:
I've kind of come to the conclusion that QB is not on their radar this year, rather we don't waste a pick on any that are left personally. Fill some more holes, get a DT, perhaps double down on LB and TE and take a flyer on a late round RB.

They have no backup. If Tannehill goes down they'd be even more effed than they were last year... Unless they plan on resigning Matt Moore again.

EDIT: Oops, forgot they signed Osweiller... but the point still stands. We have no backup QB. :p

They have no backup. If Tannehill goes down they'd be even more effed than they were last year... Unless they plan on resigning Matt Moore again.

EDIT: Oops, forgot they signed Osweiller... but the point still stands. We have no backup QB. :p

Which means they are effed....

Kudos to the FO, they addressed one of our biggest defensive liabilities from last year. The issue of covering RB's and TE's tearing us up on the short dump off's, the short crossing patterns and the seam patterns. They exploited our slow linebackers and the lack of a pure FS with slot cover skills. Kiko was exposed last year, won't happen this year, that's for sure. We just got a whole lot faster. Fitzpatrick to replace McDonald at FS, Baker will compete with McDonald for that nickel and dime linebacker slot. I think McDonald's short time here isn't going to last past this year. GIve em credit, they have a plan to fix the D and seem to be executing it well. What was once a weakness has now been turned into a strength with a single draft.

The kid has accomplished more than most ever will in life and is to be applauded for his ability and fire but at the elevated competition level of the NFL having only one hand is going to put him and a team at a disadvantage. I understand goodwill and him deserving something for his sacrifices but unfortunately that's not gonna fly at the pro level.

And....why did he show up at the draft and hang in the green room with sure 1st rounders?? The jaded view would be that someone thought a team would feel sorry for him at some point and take him but it just doesn't work that way. Teams are gonna want LB's who can cover and intercept, etc.

Would he be allowed to wear a prosthetic hand which would help him intercept balls or would that be against the rules?

A rookie isn't going to help if he goes down anyway. Especially the ones after the first round.

The kid has accomplished more than most ever will in life and is to be applauded for his ability and fire but at the elevated competition level of the NFL having only one hand is going to put him and a team at a disadvantage. I understand goodwill and him deserving something for his sacrifices but unfortunately that's just not gonna fly at the pro level.

And....why did he show up at the draft and hang in the green room with sure 1st rounders?? The jaded view would be that someone thought a team would feel sorry for him at some point and take him but it just doesn't work that way. Teams are gonna want LB's who can cover using two hands to interrupt, deflect, and intercept, etc.

I'm not saying he's going to be the next all time great LB, but I think I've seen enough to believe he can play at the NFL level and will be a good football player.

I watched him intercept a football with one hand, which was in a freaking cast at the time.

Back
Top Bottom