**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007**

Lets go Sharks n Pens!!!

Unified Theory Lets hear your predictions!! The Ace In Hockey!!

Are you in love with uni or something lol.

Anyways here are my predictions.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1)Detroit vs (8)Calgary.

I'm going to be a bit of a homer on this one and say the "FLAMES IN 6"

Detroit has not faired well in the post season the last couple of years. The question is can they get over this hump. I think there a little lucky there not playing Colorado but I do think the Flames can win if they play well. The question is which Flames team will show up and most importanly which Kipper shows up.

(2)Anaheim vs (7)Minnesota

"ANAHEIM IN 6"

I believe Anaheim is a team built for the playoffs they have arguably two of the best defenders in the league. Minnesota has overacheived this year. If Gaborik can stay healthy he could do some damage, but expect his line to be blanketed by Pronger and Neidermeyer.

(3)Vancouver vs (6)Dallas

"VANCOUVER IN 5"

Luongo is the leagues western MVP. He will continue to show it. Turco will continue to have his playoff woes.

(4)Nashville vs (5)San Jose

"SAN JOSE IN 6"

Another killer series, Nashville has been awesome, but they let the conference slip away. They could have had the number one seed, and played the flames, they would have beaten the flames in 5. Instead they will make another first round exit.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(1)Buffalo vs (8)New York Islanders

"BUFFALO IN 5"

Look for the Islanders to make all these games close, including 2 or 3 overtime victories by the sabres.

(2)New Jersey vs (7)Tampa Bay.

"NEW JERSEY IN 4"

Broduer continues to show why he's the best goalie in the world. Enough said.

(3)Atlanta vs (6)New York Rangers.

"RANGERS IN 6"

The Rangers picked up probably the easiest series playing against Atlanta. Does the city even know there in the playoffs and will they actually sell out there games. Shannon will show some playoff magic.

(4)Ottawa vs (5)Pittsburgh

"OTTAWA IN 7"

The only series to go 7 games but I think Ottawa will come out on top. I decided this one with a coin flip.

These are my first round picks. Other than the Calgary one which is all homer all the way. I can't go against my flames.

(1)Detroit vs (7)Minnesota
(3)Vancouver vs (5)San Jose

(1)Buffalo vs (5) Pittsburgh
(2)New Jersey vs (3)Atlanta

------

(3)Vancouver vs (7) Minnesota

(1)Buffalo vs (2) New Jersey

------

Buffalo over Vancouver in 6 :pray:

Dominizzo's love chart

1.) Glen Murray
2.) Unified
3.) Sister's prom pictures
4.) Dolphins/Flyers/Whoever the hell he roots for

Wings in 6
Ducks in 5
Couv in 7
Sharks 6

Buffalo in 4
TB in 6
Rangers in 6
Sens in 7

I dunno about "the ace of hockey". My preseason predictions were pretty awful in some cases. That said, it's always fun to have something you can look back at to see just how wrong you were...LOL!

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Detroit v. Calgary

Last year I dearly wanted to pick the Oilers over the Wings but I could'nt do it for some reason saying "the Oilers will push the Wings to the brink". The Wings have run up a great record against the weakest division in hockey. Dom Hasek is unreliable at this point in my opinion. The Flames are playing pretty well and I think the push they got from the Av's over the last few weeks actually helped them get into a playoff state of mind.

Flames in 6

Ducks v. Wild

If Nick Backstrom plays well and the Wild powerplay clicks I really think the Wild will push the Ducks. The Ducks goaltending is unreliable but being able to have one of the best five D-men in the World on the ice every shift helps.

Ducks in 6

Canucks v. Dallas

The Stars are an enigma for me. On paper they look great and they are finally healthy. That said, Marty Turco's continues playoff failures are just to huge to ignore. If the Canucks get secondary scoring and their penatly kill continues to play well they'll cruise in this series because I simply can't see the Stars causing Roberto Luongo to lose four games in a span of 2 weeks.

Canucks in 5

Preds v. Sharks

This series shows the strength of the West. In my opinion either of these teams would be co-favorites with the Sabres in the East but in the West they are the 4-5 seeds. I think the Sharks powerplay and size will eventually wear the Predators down.

Sharks in 7

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Sabres v. Isles

I am still astounded that the mismash of talent the Islanders have assembled made it to the playoffs. Their Cinderella ride ends quickly though. The Sabres are too fast and too good.

Sabres in 4

Devils v. Lightning

The fact the Lightning made the playoffs shows just how good St.Louis, LeCavlier and Richards are because those three carried an entire team. A one line team, without consistent goaltending and little depth wil not go far in the playoffs. Marty Broduer is the equalizer to the Tampe "Big Three", the Devils depth and suffocating style wil do the rest.

Devils in 5

Thrashers v. Rangers

The oddest series of all in my opinion. The Thrashers have the higher seed but I don't think they have a chance. It comes down to goaltending and as much as I like Kari Lehtonen (I think he'll be a superstar) I don't see him outplaying Henrik Lundqvist.

Rangers in 6

Sens v. Pens

Easily the most interesting of the Eastern series in my opinion. A match up of the "new blood" versus the "veterans". The Senators, while having many playoff flame outs in the past, have a lot of playoff experience. The young Penguins are seeing playoff hockey for the first time. Every great young team has had to face this situation for the first time and fail (80's Oilers, 70's Isles etc.). This Penguin team is no differnt.

Sens in 7

If I'm correct on 6 out of 8 I'll consider this exercise a success...LOL!

I don't think any upsets will happen in the East. With that said, IMO it's not an upset if the Rangers beat Atlanta or if Pitt beats Ottawa. The West is all a toss up. It's hard to pick some teams because nobody has seen them do it or players for that matter.

I thought all year Buffalo and New Jersey would be playing in the ECF and still think so. I have no idea how the West will shake out but I think Loungo takes Vancouver to the finals. I'm actually rooting for that also, obviously I want the Sabres to win the cup. If they don't I just don't want it to go to some team in a place that doesn't give a damn about hockey.

I dunno about "the ace of hockey". My preseason predictions were pretty awful in some cases. That said, it's always fun to have something you can look back at to see just how wrong you were...LOL!

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Detroit v. Calgary

Last year I dearly wanted to pick the Oilers over the Wings but I could'nt do it for some reason saying "the Oilers will push the Wings to the brink". The Wings have run up a great record against the weakest division in hockey. Dom Hasek is unreliable at this point in my opinion. The Flames are playing pretty well and I think the push they got from the Av's over the last few weeks actually helped them get into a playoff state of mind.

Flames in 6

Ducks v. Wild

If Nick Backstrom plays well and the Wild powerplay clicks I really think the Wild will push the Ducks. The Ducks goaltending is unreliable but being able to have one of the best five D-men in the World on the ice every shift helps.

Ducks in 6

Canucks v. Dallas

The Stars are an enigma for me. On paper they look great and they are finally healthy. That said, Marty Turco's continues playoff failures are just to huge to ignore. If the Canucks get secondary scoring and their penatly kill continues to play well they'll cruise in this series because I simply can't see the Stars causing Roberto Luongo to lose four games in a span of 2 weeks.

Canucks in 5

Preds v. Sharks

This series shows the strength of the West. In my opinion either of these teams would be co-favorites with the Sabres in the East but in the West they are the 4-5 seeds. I think the Sharks powerplay and size will eventually wear the Predators down.

Sharks in 7

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Sabres v. Isles

I am still astounded that the mismash of talent the Islanders have assembled made it to the playoffs. Their Cinderella ride ends quickly though. The Sabres are too fast and too good.

Sabres in 4

Devils v. Lightning

The fact the Lightning made the playoffs shows just how good St.Louis, LeCavlier and Richards are because those three carried an entire team. A one line team, without consistent goaltending and little depth wil not go far in the playoffs. Marty Broduer is the equalizer to the Tampe "Big Three", the Devils depth and suffocating style wil do the rest.

Devils in 5

Thrashers v. Rangers

The oddest series of all in my opinion. The Thrashers have the higher seed but I don't think they have a chance. It comes down to goaltending and as much as I like Kari Lehtonen (I think he'll be a superstar) I don't see him outplaying Henrik Lundqvist.

Rangers in 6

Sens v. Pens

Easily the most interesting of the Eastern series in my opinion. A match up of the "new blood" versus the "veterans". The Senators, while having many playoff flame outs in the past, have a lot of playoff experience. The young Penguins are seeing playoff hockey for the first time. Every great young team has had to face this situation for the first time and fail (80's Oilers, 70's Isles etc.). This Penguin team is no differnt.

Sens in 7

If I'm correct on 6 out of 8 I'll consider this exercise a success...LOL!

I know we're Canadian but Flames in 6 no way that happens

It will be Detroit for sure the other 2 I disagree with are Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

Ottawa always seems to choke (although I like Murrays response to that tonight)

The rangers should provide a good series but Atlanta has too much offense

I know we're Canadian but Flames in 6 no way that happens

It will be Detroit for sure the other 2 I disagree with are Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

Ottawa always seems to choke (although I like Murrays response to that tonight)

The rangers should provide a good series but Atlanta has too much offense

And why can't the Flames beat the Red Wings? Yes, the wings were 15 points better but look at how they got those 15 points. They played 24 games against St. Louis, Columbus and Chicago. It was the same stort last year and the Oilers smacked 'em, I see the same thing happening again. I thought I was generous saying "Flames in 6". The only "weak sister" the Flames had in their division was the Oilers but even they were still in it until the 60 game mark.

The Flames are bigger, more physical, have a better defense and in my opinion a better goaltender. Both teams are great on home ice.

The only edge the Wings "might" have is up front but I think that is overblown. Datsyuk has 15 points in 42 career playoff games, Zetterburg averages .5 points a game in the playoffs, same with Lang, same with Bertuzzi.

All their "big guns" have failed in the playoffs multiple times and Dom Hasek is one pulled groin away from disappearing again.

Being Canadian has nothing to do with me picking the Flames in 6 because I am as FAR away from a Flames fan as you'll ever find, hell, when they were in the Finals against the Lightning I was going to Tampa...LOL! I'd almost pick anyone in the West (accept Nashville) to beat the Red Wings, they are horriby overrated, in my opinion.

I have no problem saying "Flames in 6".

(4)Ottawa vs (5)Pittsburgh

"OTTAWA IN 7"

The only series to go 7 games but I think Ottawa will come out on top. I decided this one with a coin flip.

Sens v. Pens

Sens in 7

:tantrum: :refuse: :caveman: :oldman: :disapprove:

The puck drops Wednesday night ...

Can you smell it?

LORD STANLEY IS IN THE AIR!

... 'bout damn time ... Let's Go Pens!

Back
Top Bottom