**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007**

Are you in love with uni or something lol.

Anyways here are my predictions.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1)Detroit vs (8)Calgary.

I'm going to be a bit of a homer on this one and say the "FLAMES IN 6"

Detroit has not faired well in the post season the last couple of years. The question is can they get over this hump. I think there a little lucky there not playing Colorado but I do think the Flames can win if they play well. The question is which Flames team will show up and most importanly which Kipper shows up.

(2)Anaheim vs (7)Minnesota

"ANAHEIM IN 6"

I believe Anaheim is a team built for the playoffs they have arguably two of the best defenders in the league. Minnesota has overacheived this year. If Gaborik can stay healthy he could do some damage, but expect his line to be blanketed by Pronger and Neidermeyer.

(3)Vancouver vs (6)Dallas

"VANCOUVER IN 5"

Luongo is the leagues western MVP. He will continue to show it. Turco will continue to have his playoff woes.

(4)Nashville vs (5)San Jose

"SAN JOSE IN 6"

Another killer series, Nashville has been awesome, but they let the conference slip away. They could have had the number one seed, and played the flames, they would have beaten the flames in 5. Instead they will make another first round exit.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(1)Buffalo vs (8)New York Islanders

"BUFFALO IN 5"

Look for the Islanders to make all these games close, including 2 or 3 overtime victories by the sabres.

(2)New Jersey vs (7)Tampa Bay.

"NEW JERSEY IN 4"

Broduer continues to show why he's the best goalie in the world. Enough said.

(3)Atlanta vs (6)New York Rangers.

"RANGERS IN 6"

The Rangers picked up probably the easiest series playing against Atlanta. Does the city even know there in the playoffs and will they actually sell out there games. Shannon will show some playoff magic.

(4)Ottawa vs (5)Pittsburgh

"OTTAWA IN 7"

The only series to go 7 games but I think Ottawa will come out on top. I decided this one with a coin flip.

These are my first round picks. Other than the Calgary one which is all homer all the way. I can't go against my flames.

As much as I hope you're right, we're not gonna sweep Tampa Bay. I think it's gonna be a tough 6 or 7 game series.

And why can't the Flames beat the Red Wings? Yes, the wings were 15 points better but look at how they got those 15 points. They played 24 games against St. Louis, Columbus and Chicago. It was the same stort last year and the Oilers smacked 'em, I see the same thing happening again. I thought I was generous saying "Flames in 6". The only "weak sister" the Flames had in their division was the Oilers but even they were still in it until the 60 game mark.

The Flames are bigger, more physical, have a better defense and in my opinion a better goaltender. Both teams are great on home ice.

The only edge the Wings "might" have is up front but I think that is overblown. Datsyuk has 15 points in 42 career playoff games, Zetterburg averages .5 points a game in the playoffs, same with Lang, same with Bertuzzi.

All their "big guns" have failed in the playoffs multiple times and Dom Hasek is one pulled groin away from disappearing again.

Being Canadian has nothing to do with me picking the Flames in 6 because I am as FAR away from a Flames fan as you'll ever find, hell, when they were in the Finals against the Lightning I was going to Tampa...LOL! I'd almost pick anyone in the West (accept Nashville) to beat the Red Wings, they are horriby overrated, in my opinion.

I have no problem saying "Flames in 6".

We shall see in a week or 2

I got Islanders playoff tix for game 3 today :)

You guys are underestimating us just as people have done all year. Thats fine. We were predicted for last in the conference, instead we have some of our depth returning and sport more then a handful of 20 goal scorers. Granted Id feel significantly better if we had "The Rick" in a healthy frame of mind for the full series but Dubielwicz (I love the isles but i have no idea if i spelled this right) has allowed 2 GAA in every start but 1 i think. STill I think Buffalo will get all they want.

People talk about our mish-mash of talent but theres a lot of depth here and we only have 12 players under contract and 25-26m committed next season. A lot of overpaid/overrateds expire (aside from blake, smyth, poti) but the biggest needs are really 2nd line C and a top 4 D but given our depth it'll have to be via trade if we resign Tom Poti (which we should given how solid hes been defensively).

If Dipietro can play at all this series watch out. We can steal this series. If the playoffs are all about goaltending...which they are, then keep this in mind of Dipietro plays which is still very much in the air: http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...0411,0,2389504.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

But Dipi was rated as the 8th best Goalie by TSN.ca a few weeks ago before the injury and I think even that understates how good hes been. Look at the stats below...
32 Wins (13th)
19 Losses
2.58 GAA
.919 SV % (6th abong goalies with at least 30 starts, 4th among those with 40+ starts behind Marty, Luongo, Vokoun)
5 SHO (tied 6th)

and keep in mind these stats are after that godawful start and may have been even better had it not been for the concussions. IMO he made great strides this year and Garth's move to lock up Ricky long term could provide stability for this franchise and the long term building block we have missed for a long time. This team isnt a finished product yet, but our long term future in goal is in good hands in my humble opinion.

but im being 100% serious....Dipietro has a problem focusing on the game in front of him and tries to do too much especially handling the puck

but im being 100% serious....Dipietro has a problem focusing on the game in front of him and tries to do too much especially handling the puck
Ya that 919 save % is obviously indicative of how he has trouble focusing. I watch just about every game so while hes prone to a mistake stick handling/coming out of the net once every 4-5 games he does a good job recovering much of the time and the occassions he does get beat I would change his style for. Broduer does the same stuff with the coming out of the net to play the puck and Ricky is just as good in that area of the game.

I will be at game 1 tomorrow and most likely game 2 at the Meadowlands!! GO DEVILS!!!!!

sad thing is i can still buy tickets for those games

I know man, it's ridiculous. But this is the way it is- we don't sell out until the Conference and Cup finals. It's always been like that. But I'll be there for games 1 and 2 screaming my head off for my Devils. Hopefully Newark helps the attendance problems. There is already a waiting list for the club seats at the Rock.

Back
Top Bottom