**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NHL Playoff Thread 2007**

I got Islanders playoff tix for game 3 today :)

You guys are underestimating us just as people have done all year. Thats fine. We were predicted for last in the conference, instead we have some of our depth returning and sport more then a handful of 20 goal scorers. Granted Id feel significantly better if we had "The Rick" in a healthy frame of mind for the full series but Dubielwicz (I love the isles but i have no idea if i spelled this right) has allowed 2 GAA in every start but 1 i think. STill I think Buffalo will get all they want.

People talk about our mish-mash of talent but theres a lot of depth here and we only have 12 players under contract and 25-26m committed next season. A lot of overpaid/overrateds expire (aside from blake, smyth, poti) but the biggest needs are really 2nd line C and a top 4 D but given our depth it'll have to be via trade if we resign Tom Poti (which we should given how solid hes been defensively).

If Dipietro can play at all this series watch out. We can steal this series. If the playoffs are all about goaltending...which they are, then keep this in mind of Dipietro plays which is still very much in the air: http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...0411,0,2389504.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

But Dipi was rated as the 8th best Goalie by TSN.ca a few weeks ago before the injury and I think even that understates how good hes been. Look at the stats below...
32 Wins (13th)
19 Losses
2.58 GAA
.919 SV % (6th abong goalies with at least 30 starts, 4th among those with 40+ starts behind Marty, Luongo, Vokoun)
5 SHO (tied 6th)

and keep in mind these stats are after that godawful start and may have been even better had it not been for the concussions. IMO he made great strides this year and Garth's move to lock up Ricky long term could provide stability for this franchise and the long term building block we have missed for a long time. This team isnt a finished product yet, but our long term future in goal is in good hands in my humble opinion.

Is game 3 monday night? Cause I'm going to that game too.

Anyone think Turco will be a gem in playoffs

Maybe- it depends on how much he feels the pressure. He's been a playoff underachiver his whole career. Even if he does play well, I think Luongo will outplay him. I like Vancouver in 6 in that series.

Their are no tickets in Buffalo. I think Marty Biron said he was looking for tickets during last Sunday's game.

Ottawa looked real good tonight. I was switching between that and Felix's chance at no-hitter. Though I think the goal that was disallowed should've counted. It's a tough call.

As far as the Isles are concerned. Looking how it played out I would rather play the Isles than Montreal or Toronto. Facing a divisional opponent in the 1st rd can be tricky, IMO. Although it would've been interesting to see if HSBC was not 50/50 like it was during the regular season when the Maple Leafs came to town. I don't think it would've been but who knows. I'm rooting for the Rangers to beat Atlanta and think Buffalo should be able to handle Islanders. Thus setting up a much easier 2nd rd than playing Ottawa. I'm not looking past the Islanders. Though Buffalo was as good as anybody in the East playing with a bunch of minor league guys for a couple months.

The line combinations that were reported by the Sabres beat reporter will be:

Kotalik/Drury/Zubrus
Hecht/Briere/Pominville
Afinogenov/Roy/Vanek
Stafford/Connolly/Mair

If Lindy mixes up any of the lines I could see Kotalik being re-united with Connolly who played very well with each other last season.

Anyone think Turco will be a gem in playoffs
he can be. Its going to be tough to outplay luongo if luongo plays the way he can...I think thats his biggest challenge; establishing and maintaining consistancy. He tends to have 4-5 good games, throw a stinker or two; rinse and repeat. Cant have that in the playoffs.

Sens look like they're ready for a sweep, better defence and goaltending.Pen's are still a bit green.It was real nice of TSN to show us the Duck's game instead of Vancouver and Dallas??? :tantrum:

Ottawa looked real good tonight. I was switching between that and Felix's chance at no-hitter. Though I think the goal that was disallowed should've counted. It's a tough call.

Ouch! Watching that game was a painful experience for me. We were completely owned by the Senators. Welcome to playoff hockey kiddies. I can only hope that we respond with intensity on Saturday. As much as I'd like to defend the disallowed goal by Sid ... even the Pens homer in me saw him kick it in.

Sens look like they're ready for a sweep, better defence and goaltending.Pen's are still a bit green.It was real nice of TSN to show us the Duck's game instead of Vancouver and Dallas??? :tantrum:

It's going to be a very tough series. Ottawa owned us last night at home, but ... sweep? :chuckle: How much 'ya wanna lose on that prediction?

great game in the couv last night....i fell asleep during the third OT but woke in time for the 4th....1 defensive lapse and the game was over. both teams played great...luongo let in some softies though

72 is a ton of saves, but it was in over two games worth of play. I'm a big Canucks fan. It's pretty amazing what a difference having a great goalie makes. I'm sure the Devil's fans can attest to this as well.

Back
Top Bottom