Official Philadelphia 76ers Run To The Playoffs Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Philadelphia 76ers Run To The Playoffs Thread

arsenal

Beastin'
Reaction score
Well as a hardcore Sixer fan i thought i would post this to see what other Sixer fans are here to shoot the **** about the team, or talk about their dominant play of late, haha...

hopefully im not the only one :unsure:

cant believe a Utah Jazz thread has more action than a sixers thread

:foundout:

Long time Sixer fan here, and I'm fired up!

Igoudala-24
Dalembert-26
L. Williams-21
Thaddeus-19
Carney-23

Incredibly young guys with not only talent, but high character who completely buy what Mo is selling. I'm not sure yet what they could do in the playoffs. However, beating Boston in Boston is no joke, and they are the proverbial team no one wants to play in the first round.

The future is bright, don't forget we have more cap room than anyone else. Elton Brand anyone?

as I did in another thread, got to give Mo Cheecks, and the Andre Brothers props for turning the team around really quick. The last couple years in Philly were not coaching problems, or really players around Iverson/CWebb, the problems were in fact AI and CWebb.

Not that they were locker room cancers, but AI controlled the ball, and when he wasn't dribbling, it was a CWebb 18 foot jump shot or a Korver 3 with 2 seconds on the clock. This caused guys like Iggy,Green, and Carney to try to be spot up shooters (which they are not).

Bottom line: Andre Miller is the perfect player to help develop a young team. Combine that with Reggie Evans' defense, Iggy becoming a star, Dalembert staying out of foul trouble, the development of Lou Williams, and good to great contributions from rookies Jason Smith and Thaddeus Young (Young is starting to explode, Smith might not do anything spectacular, but his impact on the floor is noticable) and you've got a decent team.

Still need a low post scorer (Smith is still more of a transition guy, Evans and Dalembert are not scorers) and a true PG to play alongside Williams when Miller is out of the game.

I'm glad you guys are doing well. I hope you can give Boston a fight in the 1st round (should you meet them)

I'm glad you guys are doing well. I hope you can give Boston a fight in the 1st round (should you meet them)

Well thanks, but this team has it's eye set on the 4th seed. 3 GB of Cleveland with two games left to play against them. It will be tough to pull off, but i dont think we'll end up 8th and face Boston either.

yeah we would need to collapse to fall to the 8th seed... we are gonna fall between 5-7 realistically with an outside chance of a 4 seed...

what i love about this team is the athleticism... its just fun to watch Iggy and Young out there together because they are such fantastic athletes, Carney too... all that athleticism really pays off on the offensive glass which is why the sixers are like the number 2 or 3 offensive rebounding team in the league... our halfcourt offense still needs a lot of work, but they get out and run, score a lot of fast break and hustle points and play pretty good defense overall...

we'll see how the final stretch run goes but i think they can be a serious factor in the playoffs, not one of these just glad to be there teams, but can really win a first round series...

im really happy how this team is coming together at the right time. I truly believe no matter what seed they get either 5 or 6 as it looks like now that they will win whoever they play in the 1st round. They play of Louis Williams and Rodney Carney have been just great and lets not forget Thadeus Young who has showed some flashes on how good he is going to be. The only troubling part with this team and needs to be addressed in the free agencey markey or draft is to find a true power forward. Thats all this team is lacking. I hope AI resigns and stays here next year. I think we have a shot of being really good if this team stays together next season.

Fair enough. If you ever meet Boston, I still hope you kick their ***** out of the postseason.

Better? :hi5:

I have been a Sixer's fan since the days of Toney, Cheeks, Doc, Iavaroni, B Jones, C Jones, Dawkins, Moses, etc.

Sixers are on a roll....I'd love to see them get the #8 seed and beat the ****y Celtics just like in the old days. :up:

WOOOT, finally an official 76ers thread to talk on. I was thinking about making one but you beat me to it. Yes we're probably going to be the 5-7 seed but if we are the 8 seed we CAN beat Boston, I know this because we just beat them... IN BOSTON last week. Like ChambersWI said, we need a low post beast and another PG and thats where the draft comes in play. Theres a chance Roy Hibbert will be there when we pick and if he's there we should draft him, if he's not there then we have all the cap room in the world to sign Elton Brand or even DeSagana Diop. As for the PG position, we could draft DJ Augustine if he's available or draft Sean Singletary if he's available in the 2nd round. If none are there I wouldnt mind signing Stephon Marbury because I think Stephon can still be a great player with a CHANGE OF SCENERY from Isiah Thomas and those Knicks.

WOOOT, finally an official 76ers thread to talk on. I was thinking about making one but you beat me to it. Yes we're probably going to be the 5-7 seed but if we are the 8 seed we CAN beat Boston, I know this because we just beat them... IN BOSTON last week. Like ChambersWI said, we need a low post beast and another PG and thats where the draft comes in play. Theres a chance Roy Hibbert will be there when we pick and if he's there we should draft him, if he's not there then we have all the cap room in the world to sign Elton Brand or even DeSagana Diop. As for the PG position, we could draft DJ Augustine if he's available or draft Sean Singletary if he's available in the 2nd round. If none are there I wouldnt mind signing Stephon Marbury because I think Stephon can still be a great player with a CHANGE OF SCENERY from Isiah Thomas and those Knicks.

I would like us to draft Love out of UCLA....or maybe one of the Stanford twins. We need size and rebounding.

Back
Top Bottom