Official Playoff Scenario Thread w/ 2 Games Left | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Scenario Thread w/ 2 Games Left

There is actually even a 3rd clinching scenario that we have next week, regardless of what happens tonight. In that one, Miami can clinch with a win vs. Buffalo AND BOTH a Cincy loss and Baltimore loss.

So, to recap, if the Lions win tonight, there will be THREE clinching scenarios for us this weekend. If Baltimore wins tonight, there is still ONE clinching scenario that will be in play this weekend.

If Baltimore finishes 9-7 after losing tonight to Detroit, and SD is 9-7, Miami would lose the tiebreak to Baltimore because SD would be eliminated by only having 6 conference wins, while Bmore and Miami would have 8, and then Baltimore would win the head to head over Miami.

I think this is incorrect. Baltimore would have a conference record of 7-5 if they finish 9-7, and we would win the tie breaker between Baltimore and San Diego at 9-7. Our conference record would be 8-4.

I just heard Brian Billick just say on NFL Network he doesn't think Miami will get in and the Baltimore will win out and get the 6th spot.

So now I am confused, do we get in if we go 10-6, even if Baltimore goes 10-6?

If both Miami and Baltimore win-out (10-6), ... edit... too many variables, both are in if this happens.

Good stuff dawg :up:

It's simple to me. Win the next five games and we are superbowling.
unbelievable as that sounds.

I got no thanked for saying the superbowl is in sight even though we have already beaten most of the playoff teams ?

oh well :420:

I think this is incorrect. Baltimore would have a conference record of 7-5 if they finish 9-7, and we would win the tie breaker between Baltimore and San Diego at 9-7. Our conference record would be 8-4.

If Baltimore loses tonight, but wins against New England and Cincy, they would have an 8-4 conference record and their overall record would be 9-7. Their current conference record is 6-4.

Your scenario is correct, but we DO have a 2nd clinching scenario next week, as I originally suspected. If Baltimore does indeed lose tonight, they can win next week and we can still clinch. In that scenario, we beat Buffalo and Cincy loses to Minnesota. That would put Miami at 9-6, Cincy at 9-6 and Baltimore at 8-7 heading into the final game. It wouldn't matter what we do against the Jets in the final week because Baltimore and Cincy play each other. A Cincy win would give them the division at 10-6, we'd get the 6 seed at 9-7 (if we lose to the Jets) and Baltimore would be out at 8-8. A Baltimore win would put all 3 teams at 9-7, Baltimore would win that division, but we'd get the 6 seed in the head to head tiebreak with Cincy. San Diego is irrelevant because we own the head to head with them and they have an awful conference record. Understand??

Your original post stated could we clinch with a win next week and a Cincy loss, and that isn't possible, unless Baltimore loses tonight. You are correct tho, if Baltimore loses this game tonight, we could clinch with a win and either a Cincy loss or a Baltimore loss or we could clinch with a Baltimore win tonight, but a loss by Bmore and Cincy next week. I'll update it all after this game.

Like WV said in his thread, the Baltimore win tonight lost alot of it's luster because of the Pittsburgh win over Cincinnati last night.

Win and we are in. That is what matters right now.

Back
Top Bottom