official *predict the day Wannstedt gets fired* thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official *predict the day Wannstedt gets fired* thread

I say be the end of the first week after the season.

My Coaching prospects?

Denny Green. Good motivator, good offensive coach. Ressurrected Minnesota, great evaluator of talent. Bill Walsh disciple.

That's my choice.

I like Green also but he has to be just a coach not a slash gm thing. Also he would have to give the defensive duties to someone who can actually put a d scheme together.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I say be the end of the first week after the season.

My Coaching prospects?

Denny Green. Good motivator, good offensive coach. Ressurrected Minnesota, great evaluator of talent. Bill Walsh disciple.

That's my choice.

I agree. He's the only one that I could think of worth a damn.

Again, just get Wanny, Norv, and Jay outta here ~ can't get any worse!

Dennis Green was FIRED!! why do you want him to come here..? I can remember another coach who was fired from a team, then recently picked up by another, only to create the same outcomes that he did with his last team. WANNSTEDT!!
you dont hire a recently fired manager from mcdonalds to be the CEO of Intel, do you??
enough of this second chance BS.. let track records speak for themselves..

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
Dennis Green was FIRED!! why do you want him to come here..? I can remember another coach who was fired from a team, then recently picked up by another, only to create the same outcomes that he did with his last team. WANNSTEDT!!
you dont hire a recently fired manager from mcdonalds to be the CEO of Intel, do you??
enough of this second chance BS.. let track records speak for themselves..

Then Who? You tell me.

Originally posted by Dreads-4-Prez

Then Who? You tell me.

i am sure that there are plently of assistant coaches presently working in the league, that deserve a chance to get a head coaching job.. im not in the football business, and i dont follow any coaches besides the ones that are in miami and jacksonville, so i dont know any off hand. but i do know that one should not be dumb enough to hire a coach who was recently fired from the same position of which you are needing to fill..
green hasnt even made an effort to work with another team since he was let go, as an assistant coach or coordinator. i believe that you give people another shot only after they have proven that they deserve it.. if he were to work as an assistant coach, and be successful, then he should have a chance. but he isnt. hes working as a analyst on espn or whatever.
look at the amount of coaches who have been fired that go to other teams only to get fired again.. reeves, schottenheimer, ditka, mora, wannstedt, so on and so on.. history speaks for itself.

As much as I don't want to ever see Shanny in orange and teal, I do need to point out that he was fired by the Raiders before he got hired by the Broncos and won two Super Bowls. That kinda goes against the "don't hire a fired head coach" argument...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
As much as I don't want to ever see Shanny in orange and teal, I do need to point out that he was fired by the Raiders before he got hired by the Broncos and won two Super Bowls. That kinda goes against the "don't hire a fired head coach" argument...

I would think that the Raides are the exception to the rule. They have to worst owner in football. He fires coaches because they disagree with him.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
wrong.. shanny worked as a quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator for the broncos and the 49ers for 6 years after getting released from los angeles. like i said, a coach should prove himself before getting another chance at head coach. which is exactly what shanny, being successful in these postions..
he earned another shot..
dennys just been sitting on his chunky azz on espn..

If you're going to take that position, then Wanny shouldn't be on the list either. He worked as an assistant before getting the job he has.

That's as rousing as my defense for Wanny will ever be... :D

this is true.. but i dont know if standing around with a headset and handing out water bottles counts as being an assistant coach.. JJ and wanny were best friends, and JJ felt sorry for him and brought him here out of pity..
wanny didnt prove jack shlT in his one year as assistant coach, in miami.. i guess is was just convient to replace JJ with him.. but you have a point.

When will he be fired?

NOT SOON ENOUGH.

I win, what's my prize?

Originally posted by Unclemeat
Don't know when he'll be fired but the end came when NE picked off the pass and ran it back for a TD. That was the last nail in the coffin. Norv Turner is the most over rated coach in the history of the league.

As for Herman Edwards, this would another big mistake. What's his record at NY. Take away his 5-6 wins against Miami and it's pathetic. The year they started 0-6 they rallied and with the two wins against Miami including two big comebacks on us they finished a 8-8 instead of the 6-8 team they really were. Herman would bring his dumbassed defensive coordinator and he couldn't coach a peewee football team.

Check your facts there pal. The year they started 0-6? 1999? Under Parcells when Testaverde got hurt in WEEK 1? Edwards first year = 2001.

Back
Top Bottom