Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

Pagan said:
We take 2 of three in the Bronx, you take 2 of 3 in Fenway....

Just as it should be. Good series guys...

Through 6 games:

We got your ace, you got ours..you got to our closer, we got to yours, your bats went silent and so did ours..

Even steven from the top to the bottom.

FiN.in.RI said:
Through 6 games:

We got your ace, you got ours..you got to our closer, we got to yours, your bats went silent and so did ours..

Even steven from the top to the bottom.

Yes sir.

Pagan said:
We take 2 of three in the Bronx, you take 2 of 3 in Fenway....

Just as it should be. Good series guys...

You too man, finally we get to see someone else other than each other for a bit now. See you guys in May.

David Wells looking good... Against Tampa, but he needed some confidence. 6 innings, 0 earned (so far).

I really like Wells as a 4th starter... As for a 2nd? Eh.

Schilling
XXXXX
Clement
Wells
Wakefield/Arroyo/Miller...

I would prefer Wakefield in the bullpen. He's an inning eater and if you have looked at 90 mph pitches all game, he's really going to be a beast. Obviously if he keeps up his great starts, keep him in the rotation.

I still think we need a #2.

Hostile7 said:
David Wells looking good... Against Tampa, but he needed some confidence. 6 innings, 0 earned (so far).

I really like Wells as a 4th starter... As for a 2nd? Eh.

Schilling
XXXXX
Clement
Wells
Wakefield/Arroyo/Miller...

I would prefer Wakefield in the bullpen. He's an inning eater and if you have looked at 90 mph pitches all game, he's really going to be a beast. Obviously if he keeps up his great starts, keep him in the rotation.

I still think we need a #2.

If Miller is healthy, BIG IF. But if he is healthy, he is not a 5th starter. More like a front end of the rotation guy. He could easily step up and fill that #2 slot in the rotation.

FaninPatsyLand said:
If Miller is healthy, BIG IF. But if he is healthy, he is not a 5th starter. More like a front end of the rotation guy. He could easily step up and fill that #2 slot in the rotation.

Exactly... I think he can be a big help, but this year? I don't know if he's a top 3 pitcher this year. Obviously we'll wait and see, but I have my doubts.

You knew Manny was going to bust out, it was just a question of when. Well, I think he has. Both of those balls were absolutely destroyed.

Also, Clement has a NASTY slider. I like this kid alot, he's got a real lively arm, if he can just keep control of his pitches and limit his walks. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of that tonight, I think he's going to have a good year for us.

FaninPatsyLand said:
You knew Manny was going to bust out, it was just a question of when. Well, I think he has. Both of those balls were absolutely destroyed.

Also, Clement has a NASTY slider. I like this kid alot, he's got a real lively arm, if he can just keep control of his pitches and limit his walks. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of that tonight, I think he's going to have a good year for us.

Gotta love Grand Slams... It's a great at bat (since he's on one of my fantasy team too). Clement looked good tonight. Glad to see him get a little deeper in the game.

BTW anyone have a picture of that ball girl at the 3rd base line? She looked kinda good, but I didn't get that good of a look. I remember Don said she was a softball player or something.

Hostile7 said:
Gotta love Grand Slams... It's a great at bat (since he's on one of my fantasy team too). Clement looked good tonight. Glad to see him get a little deeper in the game.

BTW anyone have a picture of that ball girl at the 3rd base line? She looked kinda good, but I didn't get that good of a look. I remember Don said she was a softball player or something.

I remember one from last year, and she was amazing. I didn't notice the one tonight, could have been the same one??

FaninPatsyLand said:
I remember one from last year, and she was amazing. I didn't notice the one tonight, could have been the same one??

Yeah, I found a picture. She is the same. Kinda cute.

clear.gif

FaninPatsyLand said:
Not bad, not bad at all.

How about a sweep tomorrow huh?? Damn, those Blue Jays continue to roll. Hopefully Schilling can begin to cool them down starting Monday at the Fens..:D

I really want to see Wakefield tomarrow. He could be the X-factor if he pitches well this season. He doesn't have to pitch a no hitters everytime, just give us a chance.

Hostile7 said:
I really want to see Wakefield tomarrow. He could be the X-factor if he pitches well this season. He doesn't have to pitch a no hitters everytime, just give us a chance.

Break out the broom... Six innings, 1 ER... Not to shabby for Timbo. Looking good so far. He also passed Cy Young's strikeout team record.

Edgar Renteria is hot hot hot right now... Hit another HR. Maybe I was wrong and he wasn't a 40 million dollar mistake... Defense has been good as of late, and he's starting to hit.

Jay Payton is proving to be a valuable backup. Manny didn't follow up with a good game today, owell.

Hostile7 said:
Break out the broom... Six innings, 1 ER... Not to shabby for Timbo. Looking good so far. He also passed Cy Young's strikeout team record.

Edgar Renteria is hot hot hot right now... Hit another HR. Maybe I was wrong and he wasn't a 40 million dollar mistake... Defense has been good as of late, and he's starting to hit.

Jay Payton is proving to be a valuable backup. Manny didn't follow up with a good game today, owell.

Yea Wake got himself out of a couple jams quite nicley I thought. He's on tap to have a pretty good year I think. Foulke got his command back which was good to see and Renteria is getting comfortable.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish and we know our bats will come through but will the pitching hold up for the marathon?

Back
Top Bottom