Official Reggie Bush Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Reggie Bush Appreciation Thread

You lived up to the hype...all the electrifying runs and excitement that we lacked at RB for so long (2002 Ricky was a long time ago).
Thank you for all of your hard work and team-first attitude. Thank you for sticking it in there between the tackles and showing people you got some stones.

good luck and i appreciated watching you run for my phins!

Glad to see reggie get what he deserves. Class act. We will always be the team that resurrected his career.

This is the one move I have an issue with thus far this off-season. 4year 16 mil is a great deal for the Lions and I don't see why Miami would not try to bring him back for such a contract. He is slated to make only 1 million this season with a 3 million dollar signing bonus. I just have a bad feeling this is gonna come back and bite us in the rear. Hope I am wrong.

Besides that best of luck to you Bush. Detroit will be fun to watch and I will def be rooting for him every Sunday.

Came here with a lot of question marks but showed everyone he can handle it all and then some. Was a true professional on and off the feel with a great work ethic. Good luck Reggie.

How is this thread at 3 stars already? Some people!

Reggie, it was a privilege to have your professionalism around. Best of luck.

How is this thread at 3 stars already? Some people!

I was one of the first to 5-star this thread, so it wasn't me. It's a shame some people can't give credit where it's due. Oh well. Reggie was nothing but a standup professional during his time in Miami. I wish him only the best in Detroit.

I was surprised he was not used more in the passing game! I think he either did not fit the system.
Little too much dancing in the backfield though.
I think Lamar miller will be able to step in and do just as well if not better.

I appreciated that we took the correct approach for a change with Reggie Bush. You identify a lifelong great talent who has become absurdly undervalued. That's where the payoff is.

Too often the Dolphins fall for the bar stool sucker path, isolating a player who has never been anything but mediocre, then suddenly has an upswing year or two. Then we pursue him, pay high dollar, and somehow are shocked when his play levels out. It leveled out because he was a 5th round talent to begin with.

A good fundamental summary is never get too down on greatness, and never get too high on mediocrity. Everything has a tendency to drift back to the beginning.

As an SC alum I knew all about Reggie's character and speaking ability. The '70s Dolphins were swamped with that type of individual then we got away from it.

It's not a good fit for Reggie in Detroit. That's the same misconception as when he joined the Saints. He's a grass player who occasionally has a turf game unfold well for him. You want to use him often from the I formation, not sporadically in space. The Lions have plenty of wild high scoring games every season so Reggie will undoubtedly rack up some numbers and highlight plays, albeit probably in losing efforts. But I suspect his yards per carry will go down and his reputation will either stay where it is, or drop somewhat.

One last point: I realize it's fashionable to assert that Reggie left plenty of yards on the field as a Dolphin, particularly last year. Meanwhile, it makes no mathematical or applicable sense. If you look at our offensive production from every category like points scored, yards per attempt, points per pass attempt, plays per touchdown, yards per point, average and median yards per play, and so forth...we were poor to mediocre across the lot. To spotlight one guy whose numbers were above the norm, within a high sample size, and propose that he should have actually performed far better than he did, within a lousy framework, is bucking every long term logical standard. The subjective crew can believe whatever they want. In fact, that's all they do. They'd be wrong. It reminds me of golf message boards where guys regularly claim they swing 100 mph yet drive the ball 300 yards. Well that's great. Disregard that it can't happen, unless your first three bounces every time are on the cart path. Or maybe every hole is 30 degrees downhill.

We've had a lot of players that Ive bashed as they left over the years, but I cant say a bad word about Reggie. Dude played hard and made some great plays for us over the last few years. Plays that aside from Reggie were totally non-existent in our offense. I wanted to keep him.

Thanks for the memories Reggie!

vnjeba-1.jpg

I hope Reggie does well in Detroit. He is a class act and was a true Dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom