Official Ronnie is a Monster Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Ronnie is a Monster Thread

elpasoSINNER said:
So you mean,that if RONNIE didn't fumble the ball at the bills 30 with about 1:30 left in the game we won't have won the game after all those 18 penaltiies & 5 turnovers.Sorry my HOMIE but RONNIE COST US THE GAME.:fire:

Sorry dawg, but Ronnie didn't cost us the game.

elpasoSINNER said:
So you mean,that if RONNIE didn't fumble the ball at the bills 30 with about 1:30 left in the game we won't have won the game after all those 18 penaltiies & 5 turnovers.Sorry my HOMIE but RONNIE COST US THE GAME.:fire:
i think part of being dumb is not seeing the whole picture and needing to place the blame on ONE THING in order to feel satisfied

Ya know, I recall Terrell Davis fumbling on the 10 yard line during a possible go ahead possession his rookie season against Oakland. Turns out that was the 5th turnover of the game for the Donkey's that day and they had a interception return for a touchdown called back after Romo had personal foul late hit on the Quarterback. Point is, there are too many variables and plays in a football game to say any one play or player cost his team the game. Ronnie ran great and fumbled the ball at an obviously bad time in the game. I haven't seen the run and fumble so i'm not going to speak to if it was a good or bad call, point it, it was called and it is what it is. However, that one play didn't lose the ball game and had we won, would not have been the sole reason we won the game. I'll say it again. Offer me a 2-2 record against the Broncos, Jets, Panthers, and Bills at the beginning of training camp with Ricky coming back in week five and I would have taken it and run without asking any questions. We're 2-2 people. It's a long season and for the most part, the majority of our problems in our losses are issues that are correctable. Now it's Coach Saban and the rest of the coaching staff's job to find someway to minimize the errors both with penalties and turnovers.

Caps said:
Do you have something against Ronnie?

NO I DON'T HAVE NOTHING AGAINST RONNIE.BUT I THINK WE HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME,AFTER ALL OF THE PENALTIES & TURNOVERS.:cry:

What I liked about Ronnie today was his consistency. He played a lot better than he did in the Carolina game pre-the 58 yard run because he was getting solid yards per carry. He was also catching balls and I still take it to my grave that his knee was down on that fumble but hey, it's old news.

Nice work Ronnie. A shame you'll be splitting carries now but I'm confident it'll work out for the best!

r.brown played a great game no one really knows if we would have scored a td anyway but ronnie has to put two hands on the football there he will learn he is a rookie.

17-0 said:
It's not fair to say that his fumble cost us the game, what about the five other turnovers that we had. Or what about the 18 penalties, those had to contribute to the loss. Ronnie was trying to score, and the call was BS, he was down.

:yeahthat:

elpasoSINNER said:
pretty narrow minded homie....

I guess guess throwing an INT in the endzone doesnt mean anything, turning the ball over in the redzone or fieldgoal range 3 times doesnt matter..

fins513 said:
Ricky who?? Ronnie is the man today he fumbled but even that was only after his sick hurdle and spin move. Anyone else see the three or four runs where it took at least 5 Bills to stop him. He outclassed Willis today and those 22 and 28 yrd. runs oh baby he is the man. If only you were suspended 2 games Rick you might have had a chance to be the starter too late it is Ronnie's team now.

IMO, no.

He's a great back and will get there but Ricky is already there.

Ricky may very well eventually be Ronnie's back up but if Ricky tears it up as always this will be the NFL version of what Ronnie had with Caddie in college.

HelloMotto said:
ronnie is going to be a great back but his fumble cost us the game. :fire:

Ronnie only technically cost us the game.

I mean, yes we were driving and problably would've scored and won.

BUT, look at what happened up to that point. The Bills fumbled the ball all day long and we only got what was it one????

One out of like 4 or whatever??? Come on bro, this game was lost by a MULTITUDE of missed opportunities, mistakes, the damn refs all day long...I dont even want to think about it anymore...

I watched the highlights provided by Nublar7, and two things really plays really stood out in my mind.

The first was the play where Ferrotte narrowly avoided a sack and threw it downfield on an excellent completion to Chambers. The first thing I noticed was, "What a blitz pickup by Brown." He stepped up and cut that LB down, giving Ferrotte the chance to even attempt that pass.

The second was on that long run, where he was pushed out at the one. What an effort by Ronnie to stretch out and try and get that one in. Seems like he has a real nose for the endzone.

Great game for Ronnie, even though he did cough it up in the 4th. I think him and Ricky are going to give defenses fits. Ronnie can carry it 20 times, and when the defense is worn down in the 4th, bring in a fresh Ricky and pound the ball through the weakend D. Having both of them in the backfield at the same time? How do you defend that? It could be a run, pass to either one, then you stack 8 in the box, and it could be a big playaction. Sounds almost too good to be true.

The fumble was the game...bottom line...we win if he holds on to that ball....

Bottom line is we had the ball in the redzone with a chance to win it and he fumbled..... we have to live with it and move on, can't just dismiss it though.

Back
Top Bottom