**OFFICIAL** Senior Bowl Game Thread | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** Senior Bowl Game Thread

I've doubted the kid long enough.

He stood in there against the best college football had to offer.

I saw the bowl game he played in and they blitzed him the entire game. He threw off his back foot almost the entire game. He didn't make mistakes. He's a winner.

Now I sit here perplexed.

QB,WR,OL :confused:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Actually I was mildly impressed with Rivers' footwork stepping up in the pocket, moving around when he had to.

that's without a bliss CK

Losman never stepped to his reciever all day...the guy looked like a turd with a big arm.

Rivers looked amazing.........

Remember that I was a charter member of the Rivers sucks bandwagon.

I AM NOW A BELIEVER.

QB. We need our future.

Just stop comparing Rivers to Marino just because you think they're both good, people. They are two different QBs. Losman is more like Marino than Rivers is. Rivers is more like a Pennington or Brady but hey you know thats not very bad!

Originally posted by Section126
Remember that I was a charter member of the Rivers sucks bandwagon.

I AM NOW A BELIEVER.

It's official!

Finheaven is on the Rivers Bandwagon!

Rivers moved up today. I'm hoping that he'll drop a bit after the combine. It's likely b/c he is a football player more than an athlete. The combine is all about athleticism and evaluators have a tendency to forget about production. I will be thrilled if Miami can take him at 20.

Rivers is not like Pennington. Pennington is a nice quarterback, but he simply doesn't have the size that Rivers has.

The comparison for Rivers is so blatantly obvious, it is a shame that some of you don't use it.

Philip Rivers is a more athletic, stronger armed version of Bernie Kosar.

Originally posted by dolfan06
now all we need is the top pick, i'm sure he won't be around by #20!;)
:huh: what the heck are you talking about?? If we get the top pick, we would draft Manning.....Rivers should be there at the 20th selection....

Well I thought Losman looked alright to tell you the truth, displayed what he can do and what he needs to learn. If he could just realize that he HAS a lot to learn, then bad things would stop happening to him. He's too enamoured with his own gun I think. He's got a great gun, the running ability and his gun combine to make a DANGEROUS combination for any defense to face. But until he learns to fix his foot mechanics, settle down, go through progressions, and play within himself, allow his teammates to shine, you know he won't be any more than another Mike McMahon.

Originally posted by inFINSible
:huh: what the heck are you talking about?? If we get the top pick, we would draft Manning.....Rivers should be there at the 20th selection....
i don't think so!:(

ok so whats the new plan? in FA sign a whole new O_line for Ricky and Rivers? Draft a wr in the 3rd and in the later rounds another QB to be behind sage in case rivers (our new starter) gets hurt?
Gawd, that kid was impressive!

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Philip Rivers is a more athletic, stronger armed version of Bernie Kosar.

If you compare him to Bernie Kosar again I may take my vote of confidence back. :lol:

Originally posted by knoxpk
ok so whats the new plan? in FA sign a whole new O_line for Ricky and Rivers? Draft a wr in the 3rd and in the later rounds another QB to be behind sage in case rivers (our new starter) gets hurt?
Gawd, that kid was impressive!

Can't expect him to start from game 1. We still need a starter....not Sage.

Back
Top Bottom