**OFFICIAL** Senior Bowl Game Thread | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** Senior Bowl Game Thread

Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't think so!:(
there are quite a few teams that need a QB, the raiders for one and the steelers for another. i'm sure manning will be wearing red and white next year or he just won't play!;)

Dude Pennington doesn't look it, but he's actually quite big. He's about 6'3" or 6'4" and 225 lbs. About the same weight as Rivers, with just about an inch or so difference. Tom Brady is also 6'4" 225 lbs. I think I made a fairly good comparison.

Kosar was a successful QB. He got the Browns to several conf. championships. A stronger armed, more athletic version should be a SB QB.

Originally posted by rafael
Rivers moved up today. I'm hoping that he'll drop a bit after the combine. It's likely b/c he is a football player more than an athlete. The combine is all about athleticism and evaluators have a tendency to forget about production. I will be thrilled if Miami can take him at 20.

Well said.......what I have been saying for months.....let's draft a football player over a guy who looks good in his underwear.

Example: Sammie Smith (great athlete, no production in college) over Emmitt Smith (too slow, but productive in college)

For you guys that want Rivers the good thing is between now & the draft his stock can only go down after this obvious high point in front of the nation. I still think he'll last until the 2nd round unless Dallas, Green Bay, or us take hm. Plus Losman will be around for one of them to take.

Originally posted by dolfan06
there are quite a few teams that need a QB, the raiders for one and the steelers for another. i'm sure manning will be wearing red and white next year or he just won't play!;)
Please....you're confused....manning will be taken by San Diego....where does the "red and white" come in?....oakland will take either Roth. or L Fitzgerald.....The steelers may bite but they also have Tommy Maddox and more pressing needs....

I think we will have Philly's pick at 29 and there is where we take Rivers.

Gee, Rivers will last to the 2nd round unless one of the teams that needs a QB takes him in the 1st. That's some limb you're going out on. ;)

Originally posted by inFINSible
Please....you're confused....manning will be taken by San Diego....where does the "red and white" come in?....oakland will take either Roth. or L Fitzgerald.....The steelers may bite but they also have Tommy Maddox and more pressing needs....
red and white=cardinals! san diego is not gonna give up on brees after 1 year!:(

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Can't expect him to start from game 1. We still need a starter....not Sage.

Why not sage?

The steelers have plenty of needs. Who is their RB? I think they may look that direction. If they are looking for a power guy, you may have seen him tonight. If Bettis was the bus, Jones is the bulldozer! Jones will prolly be there for the steelers later on though but I am pretty sure they have more important holes to fill.

LOL @ Rafael. Nice.

I think we should go ahead and take Rivers at #20. He may not show a cannon arm at the combine but he could continue to show the good arm he did tonight. Then once teams work him out and see how much he benches and stuff like that I dunno his stock may continue to stay the same.

Originally posted by rafael
Gee, Rivers will last to the 2nd round unless one of the teams that needs a QB takes him in the 1st. That's some limb you're going out on. ;)

They don't really need a QB though. That's what I meant by listing those two teams. Nobody that drafts after us that made the playoffs really needs a QB & has greater needs. I know the Cowboys like him but not as a first rounder.

Back
Top Bottom