***Official Senior Bowl Thread*** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Senior Bowl Thread***

vt_dolfan said:
From the game so far...does anyone think that its possible that maybe our answer for QB of the future may not be in this years draft? I mean honestly, nobody has looked really good so far. I didnt see enough from Cutler to warrant moving up..but I also realize that 2 sets of downs is not really enough to judge him.

Nobody is in a bigger rush than me to get out next great one...but Im really doubting that this years crop of QB's will give us that guy. I suppose Lienart is the closest thing to what we would want....but we wont get him so thats not even worth thinking about.

You could be very well correct... I would like to see us go out and make a big trade for a QB, ala Brooks, Ramsey, ect... That way were not basically forced to take a QB this year...

paskerbrandon said:
Howard drops a pick... Robinson sucks....

I'm suprised he is not out there playing WR or something yet. Or at least just taking off everytime and showing off his power and speed.

vt_dolfan said:
From the game so far...does anyone think that its possible that maybe our answer for QB of the future may not be in this years draft? I mean honestly, nobody has looked really good so far. I didnt see enough from Cutler to warrant moving up..but I also realize that 2 sets of downs is not really enough to judge him.

Nobody is in a bigger rush than me to get out next great one...but Im really doubting that this years crop of QB's will give us that guy. I suppose Lienart is the closest thing to what we would want....but we wont get him so thats not even worth thinking about.

I don't think the crop of Qbs will look any better next year. I think this year gives you more late round Qbs where you don't have to forfeit the entire draft to get your franchise QB.

HysterikiLL said:
You talking about Cedric Griffin of Texas? If so, HELL YEAH!

ya... he is a playmaker!

I wonder if its now a stretch to think Cedric Griffen will be there in the 3rd round when we pick? I saw it elsewhere he was a 4th round prospect, but I put him in one of my mocks as a 3rd round choice for Miami (mainly because i think all Texas backs are elite). With that pick and his pretty good coverage, I wonder :(.

vt_dolfan said:

I've certainly thought that before the game. Next years class seems to be a pretty nice QB class and IMO if Cutler reaches us, well take him, if he doesn't, we won't trade up. If we take a QB like Croyle or Whitehurst in the 2nd though, I doubt we'd spend a first pick next year on a QB. IMO, if we take Cutler, there's a possibility he doesn't even play this season anyway if Gus starts and plays well.

I'm all for taking a defensive player or O. Lineman in this draft that can be built to be a franchise player.

Anyone have any info on how Jon Scott is doing?

saves said:
I don't see how anyone could have seen it the other way before?

Only because Shockley plays at GA and Jacobs plays for some crappy, flithy, podunk school in Ohio. Nothing positive has ever come out of that school or area. Ever.

jk

saves said:
My Dream (for now)
1. Michael Huff (DB)
2. Bobby Carpenter (LB)
3. Omar Jacobs (QB)
4. Anthony Smith(DB)
5. Skylar Green(WR)
6. Cameron Vaughn (LB)

Is Vaughn really a 6th round prospect? I thought he was 4/5th.

well who's there next year? I'm all for selling the farm to grab Brady Quinn, but I doubt anyone else is with me. We won't pick low enough to get him, and we'll probably be in Chris Leak territory. Next year's class is about as good as this one's.

Nappy Roots said:
you dont know anything about cutler do you?

I hope we get him, I just think he's a raw talent that needs a lot of coaching. He made some reckless throws which he can be coached out of.

ABrownLamp said:
Only because Shockley plays at GA and Jacobs plays for some crappy, flithy, podunk school in Ohio. Nothing positive has ever come out of that school or area. Ever.

Oh boy.

How about this Addae kid from WV? I was kind of pissed when he got hurt b/ I knew what he is/was capable of.. would be a great 4th round pick

Back
Top Bottom