***Official Super Bowl XL Thread: Seahawks vs. Steelers*** | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Super Bowl XL Thread: Seahawks vs. Steelers***

Finsperfect72 said:
Even thought I'm rooting for the Steelers and thought the first TD was bogus, I'm not completely sure there was irrefutible evidence to overturn the call. That's the standard.

I can understand that. Actually, you could see the line judge ruling it down inititally, then changing his mind and calling TD - almost like the suddenly remembered that whatever he called was going to stand the mandatory review that would make it seem legit. So up went the other hand, TD Pitt.

I can understand not overrulling that. I can even not be a homer and say he just saw something or changed his mind. But...Every. Single. Time. There has been a big play for Seattle, or some call that *could* potentially go either way in a crucial situation? The 'hawks get boned. And notice is hasn't blatant and constant. It's just been at the most timely points, negating game changing plays if there was even the *slightest* hint of a penalty.

SabanEra84 said:
I found this game to be quite a snoozer. The refs blew some calls again as usual.

Matt Hasselback seemed to be just another QB in my opinion.:tantrum: No more talk about ever wanting him here, I think Seattle was successful primarily because of Shaun Alexander. He did well, but obviously not well enough to lead the team to the title (Hasselback).

We have to play Pitt next year but I think just like any superbowl team, there will be FA that will be in search for more money.

Congrats to Pitt...but the '06 fins are comin.:dolphins:
Most of the calls were in the Steelers favor. Like after a Hasselbeck int he makes the tackle and he gets a penelty for blocking below the waist? What kind of bull call is that? Ben Roethlisberger didnt get in the endzone...I saw a couple offsides that werent called, holding calls that werent there. The officials were terrible. If Miami makes it to the superbowl I never would want this group of refs to referee our game.

After watching the superbowl

I never have seen much of either of these 2 teams. I don't like either team and neither are on tv all that much down here. So this is the first time I actually got to watch them.

First off, Shawn Alexander sucks. He is slow, he can't break tackles. He gets huge, wide gaping holes and only gains a few yards. He can't make plays. He runs behind the best LT and one hell of a LG and didn't do anything this SB. I used to think he was great from word of mouth but I watched him do absolutely nothing today and was thankful we didn't sign him.

Willie Parker is a good runningback that needs to learn the position and he could eventually become a top back. He has the ability to break tackles and "make himself small" to get through gaps. And no his 75 yard run didn't influence me, the rest of the game did. He can go through gaps with ease.

Jerome Bettis is still very good. His footwork is amazing. And he still has good speed for his size.

Walter Jones is the best tackle in the NFL. A new sense of the term complete domination. I watched him block his man for a good 6 seconds and not even stumble most of the game.

Ken Hamlin would have won the game for the Seahawks. The third string safety was beat deep twice and lost the game.

The referees were paid for the steelers to win. So ****in many crucial calls were made that screwed over the seahawks. This is one of, if not the worse, officiating crews I have ever seen in my life.
1. Offensive pass interference was bull****. Very slight pushoff, in a game as big as the superbowl, referees should not be a factor. That changed the pace of the game 100%.
2. The clipping call on Hasselback was bull****. Illegal block on a defensive player, at the time he was defense yes, as he is making the tackle.
3. 4 or so holding calls that were very, very borderline. Like I said earlier, referees should be there to make the close calls, not call back big plays.
4. The Ben Rberger touchdown call was right. But the sidejudge should have went with his first instinct. It looked very questionable for him to run over like that and at the end throw his arms up. Made a doubter out of everybody.
5. The holding on the long Peter Warrick punt return was bull**** also. Number 35 grabbed shoulder at the beginning as the ball was being kicked and it made absolutely no effect on the play. Neither player was slowed down and neither player had an effect on the play at the end. Again, referees shouldn't be noticed on bad calls.

The Seahawks TE that got chewed out by Porter for no reason got scared. 4 crucial dropped passes.

On a similar note, Porter disapeared. The conflict between the two played out to nothing. Porter made like one solo tackle and didn't have a presence.

The Seahawks lost the game due to the referees. It's a shame but it was nice to see Cowher and Bettis walk away with their ring.

Oh and the commercials were horrible and the half time show was beyond horrible. Very disapointing SB.

Wow that was long.

SCall13 said:
MVP has to be Ward

Yeah, he had some amazing catches and no one else has really stood out. Maybe Casey Hamtpon, but a NT won't be MVP. Ben played terrible and Parker had 1 good play.

mia4ever said:
You're picking on the wrong Guy
Steven is to blame not Matt Hasselback

Terrible throws, granted he had some drops but his decision making was horrible....thats why we do not want another teams backup any more, start our guy from fresh

Back
Top Bottom