***Official Super Bowl XL Thread: Seahawks vs. Steelers*** | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Super Bowl XL Thread: Seahawks vs. Steelers***

painnotpleasure said:
Overall, pretty good Super Bowl nothing great or legendary in my opinion, but I thought it was pretty good. I personally was rooting for Seattle but I am very to see Bettis finally got a ring and it's going to suck to see him go. I'm not even going to ellaborate on whether I thought the game was rigged or not, that's just ridiculous.

how can you be happy to see bettis get a ring...he doesnt deserve it...if Nick was coaching that team he was probably going to be released in the pre-season, but cower is loyal to his players....

he is a rich man's Wanny meaning he is the smartest dumby that there is in football. he unlike wanny surrounded himself with a good coaching staff. and after thier OC leaves for greener pastures...its back to run run pass...

PhinSoldia said:
its funny because he has served no purpose on the stealers team for about 2 or 3 years now but what can i say... you keep roster fodder on your team because of loyalty and it paid off thanx to the true 12 man(refs)
to true he's been overated for at least two years he's been like third on the depth chart nice to see him get a ring as a backup:sidelol:

He's finally done, I'm tired of a fat cow running and tripping for a 2 yard gain

rothshunger said:
to true he's been overated for at least two years he's been like third on the depth chart nice to see him get a ring as a backup:sidelol:

if he sees canton in my life-time i will be upset:refuse:

dm416 said:
He's finally done, I'm tired of a fat cow running and tripping for a 2 yard gain

funny thing is he has always been a fullback that couldnt block so they named him half back

dm416 said:

:sidelol: :sidelol: he should have played for the bills....he would be the face of thier franchise

get it.- he is big as a buffalo and as exually good for nothing as thier team has been

PhinSoldia said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: he should have played for the bills....he would be the face of thier franchise

get it.- he is big as a buffalo and as exually good for nothing as thier team has been

:sidelol:

PhinSoldia said:
how can you be happy to see bettis get a ring...he doesnt deserve it...if Nick was coaching that team he was probably going to be released in the pre-season, but cower is loyal to his players....

he is a rich man's Wanny
In my opinion, he deserved it based on his 13 year career alone and for all of his accomplishments. Not based on this season alone. I mean, last season Bettis proved he still is dominant... but ever since his injury, he hasn't been the same and it's definitely time for him to go out and what better way to finish his illustrious career then to go out with a Super Bowl win. I don't think Cowher would have kept Jerome Bettis around if he didn't think that he could still contribute to the team and if he didn't think he could still contributed he and the Pittsburgh front office would've talked Bettis into retiring rather than flat out releasing him. In my opinion, Pittsburgh deserved it more than Seattle for what they accomplished... winning 3 roads against the #1, (Indy), #2 (Denver), #3 (Cincinnati), possibly the three best teams in the AFC excluding New England. Again, there's so many Pittsburgh fans here in NJ and I can't stand them, I really like Seattle and was hoping they'd win... I like Bettis and I think he deserved to finish his career off with a ring despite not making much noise in the regular season, some questionable calls in this game... I don't think the game was rigged though, it just seems like when a game doesn't go the way they want... they always use the excuse "the game was rigged by the officials". Yeah, there were some bad calls but I don't think the game was rigged... it was a good game, could've been better... but still good.

painnotpleasure said:
In my opinion, he deserved it based on his 13 year career alone and for all of his accomplishments. Not based on this season alone. I mean, last season Bettis proved he still is dominant... but ever since his injury, he hasn't been the same and it's definitely time for him to go out and what better way to finish his illustrious career then to go out with a Super Bowl win. I don't think Cowher would have kept Jerome Bettis around if he didn't think that he could still contribute to the team and if he didn't think he could still contributed he and the Pittsburgh front office would've talked Bettis into retiring rather than flat out releasing him. In my opinion, Pittsburgh deserved it more than Seattle for what they accomplished... winning 3 roads against the #1, (Indy), #2 (Denver), #3 (Cincinnati), possibly the three best teams in the AFC excluding New England. Again, there's so many Pittsburgh fans here in NJ and I can't stand them, I really like Seattle and was hoping they'd win... I like Bettis and I think he deserved to finish his career off with a ring despite not making much noise in the regular season, some questionable calls in this game... I don't think the game was rigged though, it just seems like when a game doesn't go the way they want... they always use the excuse "the game was rigged by the officials". Yeah, there were some bad calls but I don't think the game was rigged... it was a good game, could've been better... but still good.

keep in mind that if they didnt knock palmer out(which just mihgt have been the idea) Cincy would have won-hands down. and the last three games were questionably called indy and this one being of the most noteriety

This time next year we'll be talking about the Dolphins in the superbowl

I agree, i think he deserved it also!

WestVirginiaFan said:
I agree, i think he deserved it also!

based on what....thats like if the cardinal won the superbowl...oh emmit deserved it...bettis has done nothing this year...and the ONLY reason he was kept on is because "Wanny with a rolex" is the coach

PhinSoldia said:
keep in mind that if they didnt knock palmer out(which just mihgt have been the idea) Cincy would have won-hands down. and the last three games were questionably called indy and this one being of the most noteriety
Well I agree to an extent, but I've been saying for weeks... say KC won against DAL, they had them beat and/or won the NYG game or take any game and Pittsburgh doesn't even make playoffs... they BARELY made it but definitely took full advantage of it.

Would you feel the same way about Seau if we won the Super Bowl this year? If he didn't contribute much (and he hardly did this season), I still think he would deserve the bring based on his career... and I feel the same about Bettis. Just my opinion. And also.. I think if Saban would want to keep Seau around, he'd probably keep Bettis around too... Seau is a great mentor and Bettis has been a great mentor for Willie Parker too.

Back
Top Bottom