***Official Super Bowl XL Thread: Seahawks vs. Steelers*** | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Super Bowl XL Thread: Seahawks vs. Steelers***

SCall13 said:
You're right. But we have people here saying it was FIXED. I also disagree that it changed the outcome of the game. Pitt made some mistakes. Rothlisberger threw 2 ints that Seattle didn't capitalize on. I mean, Seattle had PLENTY of opportunity and didn't cash in.

But the DID capitalize... the refs kept taking it away.

I don't think it was fixed at all. But the officiating most CERTAINLY effected the game.

And when every highly questionable call goes one way, you've got problems.

Fixed? Nah. So poorly officiated it changed the game? Certainly.

now bettis can retire knowing that this was the championship he didnt deserve

DonShula84 said:
If the calls went his way you think he would given the trophy back? It isnt Cowher or the Steelers fault.

Hell no. I was in a similar situation back in HS in the championship basketball game. It was a tie game in the final minute, the play called for me to get in the low post, as I tried to back down in position I was being pushed out so I elbowed the guy twice hard on the arm, the ref didn't see but he did see the guy hit me in the back. It should have been a double T but it was only called on him. I sunk both free throws & we won the championship by 1, I could have missed em to help the refs out with the call but I wanted to win & be the hero.

nopony said:
But the DID capitalize... the refs kept taking it away.

I don't think it was fixed at all. But the officiating most CERTAINLY effected the game.

And when every highly questionable call goes one way, you've got problems.

Fixed? Nah. So poorly officiated it changed the game? Certainly.

the colts game was horrible officiated, the denver game had questionable calls and this game was the absolute worst i have ever seen from a Superbowl. you do the math and thus brings back to the thread i made earlier last week.

Worst refs ever, worst halftime show ever, worst superbowl ever :shakeno:

PhinSoldia said:
now bettis can retire knowing that this was the championship he didnt deserve

The one he lucked into starting with the Palmer injury, then the Roethlisberger saving tackle, & now this officiating. 3 games they lucked out of.

If I was a 'Hawks fan, I'd be in my car right now heading to Detroit with a baseball bat and 8x10's of the officiating crew!

spiral said:
If I was a 'Hawks fan, I'd be in my car right now heading to Detroit with a baseball bat and 8x10's of the officiating crew!
I'd be right there witcha :fire:

rothshunger said:
low blow but I kinda like:D

its funny because he has served no purpose on the stealers team for about 2 or 3 years now but what can i say... you keep roster fodder on your team because of loyalty and it paid off thanx to the true 12 man(refs)

Overall, pretty good Super Bowl nothing great or legendary in my opinion, but I thought it was pretty good. I personally was rooting for Seattle but I am very to see Bettis finally got a ring and it's going to suck to see him go. I'm not even going to ellaborate on whether I thought the game was rigged or not, that's just ridiculous.

SMadison29 said:
The one he lucked into starting with the Palmer injury, then the Roethlisberger saving tackle, & now this officiating. 3 games they lucked out of.

people wanted to get on my nuts about what i said last week but now its all beit too clear

Back
Top Bottom