*** Official Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk1 | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk1

Oh, I dunno.....

Usually our D DOMINATES in preseason.

Then goes to **** during the regular season, until game 6 or so.

We proved that Fales is in, and Osweiler is out. In preseason, dirt cheap at the price. Fales showed he’ll be OK if required. LBs are hurting.

But overall, we did OK. Where was Drake, Gore, Amendola, Tannehill, Parker, Stills....???

Oh yeah, that’s right:

It’s preseason, game 1.

You liked the Cutler move and you like any of these other backup quarterbacks on the roster? Yeah I think he has to be accountable for fighting for a players that can play. I know we fought for Cutler and he was paid really well and he really sucked
What QB is available to be signed in August that doesn’t really suck?

Remember the BUCS added a lot of talent to their D-Line. Vinny Curry, Jason Pierre Paul and G. MCCoy is still there too.

And O-Line gave Tannehill plenty of time.

The Bucs do have a lot of talent on their Defense. Also have some good talent at WR & TE. Tannehill was a little rusty and missed a couple of throws. Not surprising at all.

Petty just inserted himself into the conversation

I agree and felt good about him watching his combine. I think Petty could push Fales. Petty could be number 2. 3 more preseason games to see.

First....

-There wasn't any scheme on offense or defense.

Second....

-I saw an offensive line (all strings) that gave the qb time to go through progressions.

Third...

-Defense will be fine. Cam didn't play, Rashad didn't play. Hayes didn't play. That's a big three that make this defense go. Raekwon needs time to catch up to speed of the game.

Lastly....

-Tannehill looked in command. O Line protected him. Ballage picked up blitz very well. Drake ran well. Gesicke (sp?) looked prepared and ready to play. Smythe was overthrown for potential td, and he was open.

I really liked Owusu and Ford. Owusu seemed to put his body in the best position to make catches. Like Griese said, he tracks the ball extremely well. Ford has separated from the pack. So far. Whomever had 4 consistent games in pre-season takes the 6th spot. Ford and Owusu and Morgan. Caroo is bantha fodder.

Osweiller will be the third string qb if they keep three. If they only keep two, Fales will.be the backup. $$$.

Next game at Carolina. A bit of a better litmus in game 2 with starters playing more.

With Stills, Wilson, and Quinn not standing for the anthem, what is the rule? Is there a rule against it currently?

There were a lot of positives tonight, but the defensive scheme has me very nervous.

you think we used the defensive scheme tonight rather than the vanilla stuff every team uses every preseason?

If not mistaken I believe Gase is 0-3 in Preseason Game 1's.

We really did not play guys who will be here in the regular season.

That being said, the team seemed to be overmatched at times. And tampa is NOT a good team.

Who cares what the score is. They’re not scheming for points by going with plays and players that work the best. They’re scheming for putting players in opportunities to showcase their talents; giving them opportunities to see what they can do. Then they’ll look at the film to see who they’re going to keep.

I am sick of seeing the DL spread out on running downs. Who in their right mind has 5 yard spacing between the DTs and expects a tackle for loss?

Pinch that sht together and have our LBs make plays on the edge instead of 5 yards down center field with the center blocking them cleanly.

It is pure insanity. Save that dumb alignment for 3rd and 10+

Back
Top Bottom