*Official U.S. Open Thread* | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official U.S. Open Thread*

playmaker1

Get the ball to the PLAYMAKER!
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you are golf fans, but the 106th U.S. Open just tee'ed off. The coverage is on ESPN right now. The big story of the tourny is it is Tiger's return to golf after his father had passed. He has been outta golf for 9 weeks. It's a big course, so it should be good. Who does everyone like?

I'm a Phil Mickelson fan, and he is looking ok through 9 right now.

I'd love to see Woods win, personally i think Donald has a better chance than Poulter from the British contingent

@@@ said:
I'd love to see Woods win, personally i think Donald has a better chance than Poulter from the British contingent

Like I said, I'v always been a Phil fan. But for everything Tiger has gone threw, it would be nice to see him do it. It is fathers day weekend. I couldn't imagin whats going through his head right now

I think i may have given luke donald the commentators curse here....

@@@ said:
I think i may have given luke donald the commentators curse here....

I was just about to comment on that:lol: .

Its still early though

Watch out for Furyk. Straight as an arrow, and just long enough.
I'd love to see Tiger win just to see his greatness.
And as always, I'll be pulling for Davis Love.

finswin56 said:
Watch out for Furyk. Straight as an arrow, and just long enough.
I'd love to see Tiger win just to see his greatness.
And as always, I'll be pulling for Davis Love.

Furyk had a nice round. Love III should do good also

(oh, and by the way finswin56, thats a cute little girl you got there, congrats)

playmaker1 said:
Furyk had a nice round. Love III should do good also

(oh, and by the way finswin56, thats a cute little girl you got there, congrats)
Thanks Bro!
Love ended up having a tough round, but looks like Tiger is also. The Open is so damn cruel; I love it:evil:

Tiger will be dangerous this weekend, 76 is not too bad considering the difficulty of the course, he will work out the kinks and get within 4 shots by the weekend. The ideal of Tiger in contention, on Father's Day weekend, in his first tournament back since his father passed, has got to have the mouths of NBC watering. I also liked Jim Furyk as well, and don't forget about Mr. Ernie Els, he will be there come Sunday . . guaranteed. Vijay and Phil will do their thing, will be interesting as usual.

Just a huge weekend in sports overall with the World Cup, the U.S. open, NBA Finals, NHL Finals, Interleague MLB matchups and the Taylor/Wright fight.

I love golf. It's my 3rd favorite sport.

I too, Playmaker, am a big Phil Mickelson fan. And he's right where he needs to be right now at even par.
What a tough course Winged Foot is.

Going for the "Phil MickelSLAM!"

DolphinDevil28 said:
I love golf. It's my 3rd favorite sport.

I too, Playmaker, am a big Phil Mickelson fan. And he's right where he needs to be right now at even par.
What a tough course Winged Foot is.

Going for the "Phil MickelSLAM!"

:D

Kdawg954 said:
Tiger will be dangerous this weekend, 76 is not too bad considering the difficulty of the course, he will work out the kinks and get within 4 shots by the weekend. The ideal of Tiger in contention, on Father's Day weekend, in his first tournament back since his father passed, has got to have the mouths of NBC watering. I also liked Jim Furyk as well, and don't forget about Mr. Ernie Els, he will be there come Sunday . . guaranteed. Vijay and Phil will do their thing, will be interesting as usual.

Just a huge weekend in sports overall with the World Cup, the U.S. open, NBA Finals, NHL Finals, Interleague MLB matchups and the Taylor/Wright fight.
True about Tiger and NBC. I don't see Els contending though. He has been in a huge funk, and seems to be failing at the end. I guess w/ his two previous Open titles he can't truly be counted out. Speaking of Funk... gotta love the straighted driver on tour playing a course where the fairways are only 27 yards wide. If Winged Foot wasn't so damn long, I'd put serious money on Funk to be in the final pairing.

Back
Top Bottom