Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

Anthony Johnson vs Josh Koscheck is more exciting than the main event for 106.

No, Hardy has no chance against GSP. Well, no more of a chance than Matt Serra did, and he managed to shock GSP. So anything is possible. But unlikely he makes a competitive fight of it anyway.

johnson v koscheck should be interesting. two of the best athletes in MMA with crazy explosive hands. hard to predict that one - whoever gets their first home run hit first wins IMO. i'll say johnson for the smell of it.

i think hardy has a pretty good chance myself. he's not in that elite class that st. pierre is in yet - but he could easily get there IMO. he basically walked through davis and swick - 2 great fighters. with those hands and st. pierre's chin - i could see it happen. i wouldn't bet on it but i wouldn't be at all surprised.

johnson v koscheck should be interesting. two of the best athletes in MMA with crazy explosive hands. hard to predict that one - whoever gets their first home run hit first wins IMO. i'll say johnson for the smell of it.

i think hardy has a pretty good chance myself. he's not in that elite class that st. pierre is in yet - but he could easily get there IMO. he basically walked through davis and swick - 2 great fighters. with those hands and st. pierre's chin - i could see it happen. i wouldn't bet on it but i wouldn't be at all surprised.

That may be true if GSP was going to strike with him. But it's most likely gonna look exactly like the Thiago Alves fight.

That may be true if GSP was going to strike with him. But it's most likely gonna look exactly like the Thiago Alves fight.

man i hope not. that's one of the reasons i can't stand gsp - he just lays on guys when he thinks they can KO him. i know that's technically the 'smart' thing to do - but fugg - you hold the damn belt - make someone take it from you. total ***** move IMO. i hope hardy doesn't let him do that.

man i hope not. that's one of the reasons i can't stand gsp - he just lays on guys when he thinks they can KO him. i know that's technically the 'smart' thing to do - but fugg - you hold the damn belt - make someone take it from you. total ***** move IMO. i hope hardy doesn't let him do that.

Wouldn't be so bad if he actually finished guys like that. But he seems content to just grind on them slowly instead of putting together some flurries that could actually finish his opponent. It does damage over time and scores points but certainly not the most entertaining.

I don't care for GSP but I like Hardy even less. He's too ****y too soon, I hope GSP busts him up one way or another.

Wouldn't be so bad if he actually finished guys like that. But he seems content to just grind on them slowly instead of putting together some flurries that could actually finish his opponent. It does damage over time and scores points but certainly not the most entertaining.

I don't care for GSP but I like Hardy even less. He's too ****y too soon, I hope GSP busts him up one way or another.

hardy is a ****y british ******* - that's for sure. i'm sure i'll grow to hate him just as much as i do pierre. i just want somebody else holding the belt other than pierre - it seems that all the belt holders will be at the top for some time. i don't see lesnar, silva, machida, or penn going down anytime soon. pierre has the best chance of losing the title IMO - he's the least dominant of the group - might as well shake it up and make things interesting.

hardy is a ****y british ******* - that's for sure. i'm sure i'll grow to hate him just as much as i do pierre. i just want somebody else holding the belt other than pierre - it seems that all the belt holders will be at the top for some time. i don't see lesnar, silva, machida, or penn going down anytime soon. pierre has the best chance of losing the title IMO - he's the least dominant of the group - might as well shake it up and make things interesting.

Lesnar is already down. He may never fight again last I heard. :( I think they are going to be having an interim title fight. Probably something like Carwin vs Velasquez or Dos Santos vs one of them.

Machida technically already lost to Shogun. But got robbed of a decision. So if nothing else a weakness of his was exposed.

I'd give Marquardt a better chance to beat A.Silva than I would Hardy to beat GSP lol. But yeah, he's most likely safe, as well as BJ.

Lesnar is already down. He may never fight again last I heard. :( I think they are going to be having an interim title fight. Probably something like Carwin vs Velasquez or Dos Santos vs one of them.

Machida technically already lost to Shogun. But got robbed of a decision. So if nothing else a weakness of his was exposed.

I'd give Marquardt a better chance to beat A.Silva than I would Hardy to beat GSP lol. But yeah, he's most likely safe, as well as BJ.

i had not heard lesnar might not ever fight again. that would really be a shame.

i saw the shogun fight. i could go either way on that one. neither one of them really did anything. the only 'weakness' machida has is that he waits for the other guy to come to him. if the other guy isn't the aggressor - it's hard to watch.

silva's gonna kill marquardt. i hope he doesn't b/c i'm getting sick of silva too but i don't even give marquardt a puncher's chance in that one. silva's gonna hurt him. i give hardy a much better chance against gsp myself, but who knows.

good talking MMA with you man. i find it shocking there aren't more of us in here - considering this is a football message board and all.

i had not heard lesnar might not ever fight again. that would really be a shame.

i saw the shogun fight. i could go either way on that one. neither one of them really did anything. the only 'weakness' machida has is that he waits for the other guy to come to him. if the other guy isn't the aggressor - it's hard to watch.

silva's gonna kill marquardt. i hope he doesn't b/c i'm getting sick of silva too but i don't even give marquardt a puncher's chance in that one. silva's gonna hurt him. i give hardy a much better chance against gsp myself, but who knows.

Lesnar had gotten really sick which is why he had to pull out of the Carwin fight which was scheduled for 106. It has since been reported he has a bacterial infection which will likely require serious surgery.

I'm a big Marquardt fan so i'm biased. Don't want to dig myself another grave like I did with Forrest vs A.Silva. :chuckle:

good talking MMA with you man. i find it shocking there aren't more of us in here - considering this is a football message board and all.

Somehow I think maybe there probably are a few more around and just don't bother with the other sections of the site, which is a shame. But at least there's a good handful of us. :up:

Anthony Johnson vs Josh Koscheck is more exciting than the main event for 106.

No, Hardy has no chance against GSP. Well, no more of a chance than Matt Serra did, and he managed to shock GSP. So anything is possible. But unlikely he makes a competitive fight of it anyway.

Yeah, GSP will absolutely murder Hardy - save for a fluke in the vein of the Serra fight. I also agree that the Johnson/Koscheck fight is more exciting than the main event, and it's really only worthy of headlining a Fight Night on Spike.

I'd put $10 on Silva over Rashad.

Lol, Koscheck's post fight interview.

clear.gif

First, in an ideal situation, Dan Hardy should fight Koscheck or Fitch before getting a shot at GSP.

I like Marcus Davis and Mike Swick, and no question they're in the UFC's Top 10 in the Welterweight division rankings, and I'll go as far as calling Swick a fringe top 5 guy. However, I think Hardy needs to face one more top five guy, specifically someone who is going to try and put him on his back, which Kos and Fitch both will aim to do. You know for a fact this will be the strategy GSP employs when facing Hardy, to put him down early and put him down often. I think we'd get a good grasp of how his sprawl and takedown defense is by pitting him against Fitch or Koscheck.

That being said, Dan Hardy getting a title shot is almost a necessary evil. The UFC is ill-afford to put their Welterweight Division on hiatus for an expansive period of time, and GSP has already dispatched of Fitch, Koscheck and Alves, and quite honestly rematches don't seem to be ideal for any party. I do think both Paul Daley and Carlos Condit have potential to be long term challengers, but now would be way too soon to throw them in to the title picture. Hardy, while thrust in to it prematurely, at least can stake claim to a 4-0 record inside the Octagon, and thus could at least PASS as a viable challenge at this stage.

In my opinion, if I had my say in the matter, I'd have Hardy fight Fitch or Koscheck, have GSP and Anderson Silva fight in a catch-weight fight and worry about the title later.. But that's just me.

As for the HW title, latest rumor is Carwin vs. Velasquez for the Interim Title.

Kimbo Slice wins his UFC debut....he didn't look that bad, still has work to do

BTW...Liddell and Ortiz for TUF 11

Have you guys seen the UFC action figures? I collect McFarlane sports figures and I ran into the UFC figures. They're made by Jakks and look pretty good. I just bought a Chuck Liddell, Forest Griffin and Anderson Silvia one

Last edited by a moderator:
Florian v Guida? If Florian can withstand Guida's typical barrage, I say Florian submits him.

kimbo didn't look too bad. he'll never amount to anything in the UFC but it was nice to see him be at least somewhat well rounded. he took the coaching well.

big country winning it was no surprise whatsoever. him dominating the ****y british fugg was the highlight of the season for me. would've also liked big baby to murder mitrione - but what can you do?

florian vs. guida is a good match up. florian has too many weapons and talent for guida to handle IMO - but if he can pull off that ultra predictable game plan of head down, takedown, and pound out he's got a shot. i think the UFC has evolved to the point where the insanely one dimensional guys like guida will be extinct real soon - so enjoy watching them while you still can.

Back
Top Bottom