Officially in the Andrew luck sweepstakes. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Officially in the Andrew luck sweepstakes.

Well, you don't draft cornerbacks with the #1 overall pick.... or even in the top 5 unless they're Patrick Peterson/Charles Woodson, etc. caliber prospects.

Henne's yardage and piling up garbage stats for the most part are irrelevant.... he might as well be throwing left handed when he gets near the endzone.

Miami has passed up a bunch of franchise quarterbacks using that same logic you just presented there...

I wasn't implying that we draft a db with the #1 overall pick, but to think that all we have to do is get a qb and suddenly we're going to be set for next 10 years as a TEAM is not realistic. Go ask Rivers how its working out for him with Norv as his coach. I want this team to go on a run like NE did when they won 3 in 4 years. I don't want to be like the colts who have a lot of regular season wins but only one title. Is that what this fanbase wants? A lot of wins but then flameout in the playoffs?

if we dont get luck then well get barkley.. who will also be a great nfl qb

I wasn't implying that we draft a db with the #1 overall pick, but to think that all we have to do is get a qb and suddenly we're going to be set for next 10 years as a TEAM is not realistic. Go ask Rivers how its working out for him with Norv as his coach. I want this team to go on a run like NE did when they won 3 in 4 years. I don't want to be like the colts who have a lot of regular season wins but only one title. Is that what this fanbase wants? A lot of wins but then flameout in the playoffs?

Obviously you need to fill some holes too, but you NEVER pass up a franchise quarterback the caliber of an Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, etc... unless you already have a franchise quarterback. You draft your DB's in the late 1st round- 2nd/3rd rounds the way the Patriots do...

You're not winning consistently without an elite quarterback in this league now... it's not going to happen. The rules are set up to where you have to out-duel the elite QB's in this league in a shootout. Whoever has the hottest gun is going to be left standing when the smoke clears.

The Eagles have the best trio of cornerbacks in the league, and lost to Matty Ice last night. I guarantee you if the Eagles do make the playoffs, they'll get bounced early because of Michael Vick.

Chad Henne isn't the guy. No bashing, no anti-Henne propaganda.... he just isn't the guy.

The head coach is a goner... and whoever comes in here is going to want their guy at quarterback anyway. You might as well get used to it.

You must not be paying attention...If you think the Colts are going to let ANY team grab Luck out from under them you will be sadly disappointed. They are in a race for the bottom and truth be known Manning is probably as healthy as a horse. It all reaks of a Polian setup...Luck should have/could have come out last year but for reasons known only to him & the Colts brass decides to stay for the "experience".

No...We are not going to get Luck & even if we were to get the #1 pick you know full well we would take another RT whom we cannot depend on to get even 1/2 yards of push when needed for a TD.

Sad but TRUE...

Have you been paying attention to what the colts look like without Manning?? That is the difference a QB can make.

No, that is the difference a QB makes when your WHOLE offense is run by him and him alone. Anyone who didn't see the Colts falling if he ever got hurt is an idiot. Peyton IS the colts offense.

People please wake up, Luck would not do anything that Henne hasn't and we still haven't won! I can't believe there are still people out there that think the QB is our biggest problem.

People please wake up, Luck would not do anything that Henne hasn't and we still haven't won! I can't believe there are still people out there that think the QB is our biggest problem.

Exactly! :hclap:
If we draft Luck great if we don't ok but thinking that one player is going to make a difference is just being ignorant. To all the "fans" who want us to suck this year so we can draft the best qb in this years draft- How many titles did the Dolphins win the last time they had a HOF Qb?

Exactly! :hclap:
If we draft Luck great if we don't ok but thinking that one player is going to make a difference is just being ignorant. To all the "fans" who want us to suck this year so we can draft the best qb in this years draft- How many titles did the Dolphins win the last time they had a HOF Qb?

Miami at least WENT to a superbowl with Marino when they had little else. The reason Miami was even competitive for 17 years was because of Marino.... Miami was lucky to have him or we would've been experiencing a franchise this inept many years ago.

How many superbowls did Miami win with the league's two leading sackers playing as bookends on the same line, two pro-bowl-shutdown cornerbacks, a pro-bowl free safety, a pro-bowl MLB, a pro-bowl defensive tackle, the league's leading rusher, a young up-and-coming receiver, etc?

They never even got close because they didn't have a quarterback. It was people like you that were constantly defending Fiedler while Miami wasted the best team in the AFC...

One player makes ALL the difference if it's a quarterback... nothing else can do it. They're destiny changers for stagnant organizations if you get a chance to bring in the right guy...

I promise you a blindfolded Andrew Luck is more accurate and efficient in the redzone than Chad Henne. You could stick Henne in Stanford's offense right now and they won't be nearly as good of a team as they are with Andrew Luck.

It's clear you either completely FAIL to understand the importance of the quarterback position, have never really sat down and watched Andrew Luck play, have no idea what you're looking at.... or all three.

Miami at least WENT to a superbowl with Marino when they had little else. The reason Miami was even competitive for 17 years was because of Marino.... Miami was lucky to have him or we would've been experiencing a franchise this inept many years ago.

How many superbowls did Miami win with the league's two leading sackers playing as bookends on the same line, two pro-bowl-shutdown cornerbacks, a pro-bowl free safety, a pro-bowl MLB, a pro-bowl defensive tackle, the league's leading rusher, a young up-and-coming receiver, etc?

They never even got close because they didn't have a quarterback. It was people like you that were constantly defending Fiedler while Miami wasted the best team in the AFC...

One player makes ALL the difference if it's a quarterback... nothing else can do it. They're destiny changers for stagnant organizations if you get a chance to bring in the right guy...

I promise you a blindfolded Andrew Luck is more accurate and efficient in the redzone than Chad Henne. You could stick Henne in Stanford's offense right now and they won't be nearly as good of a team as they are with Andrew Luck.

It's clear you either completely FAIL to understand the importance of the quarterback position, have never really sat down and watched Andrew Luck play, have no idea what you're looking at.... or all three.

So, how long have you had your crush on Luck?

Marino had Duper, Clayton, Keith Jackson, Byers, etc. You seriously just said Miami had little else other than Marino......
All we never had was a running game, Marino always had PLENTY of targets!
Henne is doing fine, this game cost him some completion % but his numbers still put him in the top 10 in the league.

So, how long have you had your crush on Luck?

Marino had Duper, Clayton, Keith Jackson, Byers, etc. You seriously just said Miami had little else other than Marino......
All we never had was a running game, Marino always had PLENTY of targets!
Henne is doing fine, this game cost him some completion % but his numbers still put him in the top 10 in the league.

You completely forgot the fact we had a terrible defense every single year. Face the facts, this team is going nowhere without a QB who can carve up defenses. We're going nowhere without a QB who puts points on the board, especially in the red zone. You're trying too hard to convince yourself of **** that isn't real.

the worst thing we can do i sgo 7-9= 10 more years of this crap

I dont disagree. If i had a choice, id love to end up with a top 5 pick instead of a top 15 pick. If we are going to suck, then we might as well be in the best position to improve afterwards.

That being said, i am looking at this objectively. We have a streak of games coming up that make it possible to squeeze out 6 wins or so. Kansas City, on the other hand, not only looks completely uncompetative but they are losing their best players after every game. Week 4 of preseason: Tony Moeaki IR with knee injury. Week 1: Eric Berry IR with knee injury. Week 2: Jamaal Charles IR with knee injury. Opposing teams have put up 89 points on them so far. Its completely possible that they dont win a single game this season.
And Seattle isn't much better. Keep in mind, Pete Carrol already tried to bring in other quarterbacks this past offseason.

Best thing that could happen is for KC and Seattle to turn it around and have Carolina and Cincy keep losing games. If teams are going to pick in front of us, it needs to be the ones that just drafted quarterbacks.

is this really a question...absolutely take andrew luck...get a new hc and gm and take luck...and then get rid of these garbage olinemen and if nolan leaves cause he doesn;t like being passed up as hc see ya...your overrated anyways

kc is gonna be done with cassell soon...he's trash...they are gonna be in the qb derby...as is seattle and denver...book it

we are gonna have to be proactive if we want either luck or barkley...i don't care...sell the whole damn draft...just get one of them

You completely forgot the fact we had a terrible defense every single year. Face the facts, this team is going nowhere without a QB who can carve up defenses. We're going nowhere without a QB who puts points on the board, especially in the red zone. You're trying too hard to convince yourself of **** that isn't real.

I agree with the poor red zone play of the TEAM.....but if you want to talk facts we put up more points than San Diego AND Henne's numbers were better than Rivers against the Pats. I'm sure someone will find some stupid stat where Henne didn't do as good but the facts are that Henne is not the problem. So even if you replace him tmrw it won't change the outcome.

All you saying we don't need a QB are crazy. I've watched the Green Bay Packers play their first two games. Their pass defense is awful outside of Woodson and for the second week in a row they gave up more than 400 yards passing and yet they still won because they have Aaron Rodgers who operates like a freakin neuro surgeon out there. When you've got to have a play Rodgers delivers. Rodgers on a bad day is better than Henne on a good day.

An elite QB allows the defense to take more chances, it puts pressure on the other team to have to score more points (like we feel everytime we play the Patriots and Tom Brady) and it causes everyone on the team to have more confidence.

I would take Luck in a heartbeat. Wouldn't even blink an eye at it. As of right now though, and it's only week 2, we pick 4th by my calculations. Unfortunately everyone in our division is 2-0 and that strength of schedule is going to screw us in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom