Offseason Issues | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason Issues

"Cut Sam Madison. Not worth his pay with his badmouthing the coach, other players, and his consistently getting burnt. Bottom line is he was once really good, and no longer is."

Believe me, I would love for the Dolphins to drop Madison and replace him with Champ Bailey or Antone Winfield but..it CAN'T happen it WON'T happen. The best thing we can get is a restructuring. You see, according to the numbers..if Miami cut him, they would take a 6.3 million dollar cap hit for 4 more years. Sound familiar?..It should. It's exactly what happened when the Dolphins cut Daryl Gardener. Miami was still taking a 6 million dollar cap hit for him in 2003.

A few things with your 2007 story i found interesting. 1, it's 2007, what happened 04-06... 2- madison will be in his mid 30's by that time, 4-we will have lost ogunleye to unrestricted free agency in '05 and got nothing for him, and 5-we clearly didnt go after any offensive players in the drafts of 05 and 06, we're all our picks and free agent signings busts on defense?

anyway-back to the upcoming season...

Payton and woodson?? If we are shoting for the stars let sign chamb bailey. I think he is much better than woodson.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
A few things with your 2007 story i found interesting. 1, it's 2007, what happened 04-06... 2- madison will be in his mid 30's by that time, 4-we will have lost ogunleye to unrestricted free agency in '05 and got nothing for him, and 5-we clearly didnt go after any offensive players in the drafts of 05 and 06, we're all our picks and free agent signings busts on defense?

anyway-back to the upcoming season...

It was simply an example...I did say NIGHTMARE.

I don't want to see Miami sacrifice a known commidity for draft picks. If you could look into your crystal ball and guarantee me that Miami will definitely get some great players by letting Ogunleye go, then heck..I'm all for it.

"we clearly didnt go after any offensive players in the drafts of 05 and 06"

You seemed to miss the part where I said Miami has a solid, young offensive line. That means they added some players.

And, by the way...if you think it's that easy to find top notch CB's and if you think it's that easy to replace 26 year old pro bowl defensive ends who have 24.5 sacks in 2 years...you might be dreaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither are easy to do, but were gonna have to do it when ogunleye leaves next season anyway and we get nothing for him, and when madison loses another step

After reading alot of posts about the whole Ogunleye situation over the last couple of weeks and doing further research into all of the great prospects coming out at the WR position in this years draft, I have to admit as much as it pains me, I've changed my mind...I think Miami should let O-gun go.

Miami can get one of many outstanding WR's in the first round...

Reggie Williams 6'4" 225
Rashaun Woods 6'2" 195
Lee Evans 5'11" 192
Michael Clayton 6'5" 195

...and still get a top QB for the future (Rivers?). Then they could trade both of their 3rd round picks to move into the 2nd round to get a solid OL prospect.

Then they could replace O-gun with a decent FA...

Adalius Thomas - Ravens
Eric Hicks - Chiefs
James Hall - Lions
Ebenezer Ekuban - Cowboys

...at a much lower price than what Rosenhaus is asking for. After I thought about it, I realized that after Trace Armstrong left..Miami had Kenny Mixon starting (decent DE) and the defense was still very good.

This would be a better strategy for the future of the team. After all of my bickering..you were right, (Dolphins17-0)..sorry.:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom