OG will be back tommorow! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG will be back tommorow!

Originally posted by Prime Time
Who cares about an exciting future. This team will not be together in the future. We need to win now.

Prime time, where is your head, I'm not talking about the future, I'm talking about now..we don't need to sign any more receivers, we have talented one now..Players who if given the opportunity can made a difference on this O..OG is known, and will not add anything we don't already have..again, if McKnight goes down, where is your speed receiver to keep D earnest, look at the whole game, not just a person..Maybe I'm using the wrong words, but you guys don't understand..speed is what kills in this league, our D is so fast that they will kill a tantum of cc and og..but cc mcknight, and thompson, would give them problems, and if mcknight gets hurt and you bring in baker or newson, you don't lose anything. But if you bring in OG...you're back to easy D plays, players who can't get separation, making every pass have to be almost perfect to get it to the receiver...With OG, there's more pressure on the QB..Period..but you need to known x's and o's to understand.

First of all....how do you know how good Baker and Newsom are. They have proved nothing...they aren't even good enough to amke this team with "sorry" OG on it. Year in and year out we give them a chance to make the team but yet they never seem to stand out. They are nothing special. Sorry to dissapoint you.

Tovler will be 5th string and maybe a future # 2. As for 3 slow #3s.....McKnight will probably be our # 3 and Thompson our # 2. If McKnight gets injured and CC gets double teamed....then you have Thompson one on one with a CB and OG one on one. Clutch guys.

See PT..CC and McKnight is your better Tatum..Right now those two are the starters, and I hope it remains that way, with Mcknight out there, teams can't double CC..they have to respect McKnight's deep speed..Thompson is a great 3rd receiver, does everything OG does, but faster and the same great hands...this is a better tatum..tolver is a smaller #3 who will be our 4th or 5th..You only speed is CC and McKnight..remember the Cowboys under Norv, both Harper and Irvin..had speed..You need one more speedster if CC or Mcknight gets hurt, you have Tolver if Thompson gets hurt, but no speed if CC or McKnight gets hurt..this will affect the O in a bigger negative way that if Thompson's get hurt.

Isnt this the first year Kendall Newson is trying out with the dolphins.. i kno robert baker was ont he team last year?

You can't talk about injuries like that becuase hell I will just say if we lose RW at RB then we have no bullying over the defense/speed guy. So talking about it like that helps none.

You can't talk about injuries like that becuase hell I will just say if we lose RW at RB then we have no bullying over the defense/speed guy. So talking about it like that helps none.

I've tried to put it in terms I thought you may understand, but it seems I not getting you to understand, at least your posts don't reflect that you understand what I'm saying so I'm not sure whatelse to say, but hopefully my points won't happen, hopefully our team stays healthy, but you do have to plan for continencies..and for continuity..I think a faster receiver already on the roster gives us better continuity..

No i think the dolphins will better than what other people think the dolphins would be if we lost ricky williams.. We have good backups and i thinkt hey will step up. also our defense we stop the offense of the oponnent and gives us more chances on offense

I understand what you are saying. But OG is better than any of the other 2 we have. Baker has been here year in and year out and has done nothing. So if he can't beat out OG, cannot even beat out Ward then you know he is not good enough for this team, and if one of our speedy guys gets injured...then Baker will most likely be a FA or we can sign a FA WR....they are always out there,

I like Tolver. But you can't depend on rookies. It's just not wise. Heck, we haven't even put the pads on yet. He could turn back into a catapiller. Aside from Tolver and Chris Jackson (because I've never seen him play)....and MAYBE Robert Baker, I don't see anybody else pushing Gadsden this summer. They just can't hang. Gadsden has skills and intagibles that none of those other guys have. Especially the marginal players.

Robert Ford is gushing at the prospect of having Gadsden back. "Still has the best hands in the league", he said in the Herald. Why aren't we?? There's no need to freak out. OG has about a 10% chance of starting. And if he does win the job, that means he's playing really, really, really well.

It's a great move. We've got as many young guys as we're gonna have for this year. So that's not a concern. What IS a concern is winning a championship. And if that doesn't happen, heads will roll.

It's time to load up for the Super Bowl run. And tomorrow we'll add another weapon.

I understand what you are saying. But OG is better than any of the other 2 we have. Baker has been here year in and year out and has done nothing. So if he can't beat out OG, cannot even beat out Ward then you know he is not good enough for this team, and if one of our speedy guys gets injured...then Baker will most likely be a FA or we can sign a FA WR....they are always out there,

Baker got hurt his first two seasons, acl's, last year was his first healthy season, actually had a great PS...I think the coaches went with the receivers they did because of Baker's injury history, but he stayed healthy..He caught one ball in the NE game as though he's been doing it forever in the NFL..don't know why he didn't get more reps..He continue that play in NFLE this year..so I see him ready now...plus he has the speed..and playmaking ability I seek in a players..I always say OG has great hands...is he better than the other recievers on our team..I don't know..he's had an opportunity that the others haven't had, that's all..I really think if we don't keep Baker or Newson, they probably will be signed by other teams...So I still think they give us more up side than OG..and as I've said, we already have 2 players who play like OG, with one who's proven he can play in the League in Thompson..I still ask you why you want 3 possession type receivers instead of 3 fast guys and 2 possession type receivers?
Hell the way this off season has gone, we can always sign OG if we need him as a FA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent Excellent post Muck.

OMG get over it. OG is here. If he starts he must be playing awesome and better than the other two. If not then he will be a good 4th. None of these guys will even be close to replacing OG. OG has the skills that none of these young guys have. He knows the league more than these kids. He is a a locker room guy. We must stack up the talent now to win the SB not for next year or the year after so Baker and NEwson can "HOPEFULLY" develop. Tommorow we will be a better team then we are today with the signing of OG.

Originally posted by Muck
I like Tolver. But you can't depend on rookies. It's just not wise. Heck, we haven't even put the pads on yet. He could turn back into a catapiller. Aside from Tolver and Chris Jackson (because I've never seen him play)....and MAYBE Robert Baker, I don't see anybody else pushing Gadsden this summer. They just can't hang. Gadsden has skills and intagibles that none of those other guys have. Especially the marginal players.

Robert Ford is gushing at the prospect of having Gadsden back. "Still has the best hands in the league", he said in the Herald. Why aren't we?? There's no need to freak out. OG has about a 10% chance of starting. And if he does win the job, that means he's playing really, really, really well.

It's a great move. We've got as many young guys as we're gonna have for this year. So that's not a concern. What IS a concern is winning a championship. And if that doesn't happen, heads will roll.

It's time to load up for the Super Bowl run. And tomorrow we'll add another weapon.

And Muck, the only reasons you know about those intangibles is because OG's played..we don't know if the other receivers can't perform as well, opportunity is the game..OG gives us nothing we don't already have in Thompson, who to is already proven...I disagree with you on this..OG is a known product that teams know how to scheme, thus his lower stats the last 2 years..We need to bring in new players,.rookies can also surprise, ie. CC and McMicheals, Zach, JT, and others..they had a chance..again he has no speed, no thread to opposing D's..if he were, he would have done better in the 1st 6 games..PrimeTime needed someone to say something other than OG is good..but what does he have left..I say we try something new, with the 3 known receivers we have..it's not risky, but can be very rewarding.

:lol: still with it. He has played because he has been good enough to make the team. It isn't like our team is not giving Newson and Baker a chance....they are...but they just aren't performing better than the other guys we have.

:It isn't like our team is not giving Newson and Baker a chance....they are...but they just aren't performing better than the other guys we have.

Wait till camp before you say that. You might be eating those words and OG might be Buh Bye.

Back
Top Bottom