OG will be back tommorow! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG will be back tommorow!

I'll tell you one advantage Baker and Newson has over OG, they can play on special teams, OG can't. In an offense that rarely uses more than 2 WRs in a set, and never more than 3, you can't tie up a roster spot on a WR who brings nothing else to the table. So the gauntlet is set for OG basically, he has to beat out McKnight or Thompson, or he will be sent packing before the season starts. The Dolphins know this, and this is why they're not giving him a signing bonus, because there's a good chance he won't make the cut.

Some of you guys have selective memories when it comes to OG. I remember him dropping easy catches once a game through the 1st 4 weeks, not exactly what I'd call "clutch". I remember him being not much of a factor in December the last 3 years due to injuries. I remember him holding out for more cash to continue playing when the Dolphins desperately needed WRs after the Bronco game.

What's done is done. If OG can push McKnight, Thompson, and Tolver into being better receivers, its good. But this signing in no way means that OG will be a Dolphin once September rolls around.

He's back but I don't see him beating out any of our 3 WR's and I don't see him willing to take on the weekly inactive role. At best we are going to 3 WR's cause McMicheal will be the 4th. As long as Tolver shows some promise I would be glad to let him have the 4th spot.

Right now O.G is purely insurance for Tolver if he doesn't pan out.

Back
Top Bottom