ogun coming off back burner?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ogun coming off back burner?!

dodge

Starter
Reaction score
with restricted free agency coming to a close, i figure either a team is going to suddenly get very motivated to sign or work out trade compensation with the fins or no team makes any offers and then the ball is back in rick's court. rick has had imo a really good offseason so for and i would hate to see it get mired up by an ugly negotiating fiasco with ogun and have bad blood and hold outs and such. for this reason i really hope right after the draft, if ogun is still ours, that rick gets this contract worked out.

I want that Bears pick at 14 overall.

We'd have a chance at
getting QB Rivers, OL Andrews, and WR Woods

We could even trade back at 14 or 20 overall and get one of these guys with the other pick.

Woods will go in the second round or very late first IMO. Not what we need anyway. He's not super fast, doesn't have extreme acceleration out of his cuts, and takes him time getting going.

He'll be a good pro, but he's not what we need.

An OL is what we need.

I'd rather have the best young defensive end in football than the 14th pick in the draft.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Woods will go in the second round or very late first IMO. Not what we need anyway. He's not super fast, doesn't have extreme acceleration out of his cuts, and takes him time getting going.

An OL is what we need.

Actually Woods is really fast..... He ran a 4.38 at the combine, he also has very good hands.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

An OL is what we need.

"Super-fast" is not needed. Look at Jerry Rice and Anquan Boldin or OJ McDuffie.

15 years from now, Rashaun Woods will be the best WR in the 2004 WR draft class. Rashaun Woods is "ultra-consistent" and very very very reliable to show up every week. This guy, IMO, will challenge Jerry Rice for those records.

Mark me down for it.

I would be ecstatic if Miami did draft Woods. JR Tolver might be seen as a reliable #3 WR in Spielmans eyes because of his work in Training Camp and his work in college.

If Miami does trade down to draft Rashaun Woods, I'll be comparing that to the MArino pick of 1983 draft where he was the 5th QB taken where as Woods would be the 5th or 6th WR taken this year.

Rashaun Woods is the MAN.

By the way, he ran a 4.51 40. He showed speed in combine.

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Actually Woods is really fast..... He ran a 4.38 at the combine, he also has very good hands.

From what I read, the fastest 40 he ran was a 4.51 at the combine. Maybe at the Pro Day he ran 4.38 on a fast surface.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I want that Bears pick at 14 overall.

We'd have a chance at
getting QB Rivers, OL Andrews, and WR Woods

We could even trade back at 14 or 20 overall and get one of these guys with the other pick.
I will be sooooo glad when the draft is over and I do not have to read about Rivers and Miami taking him. They just spent a No. 2 on Feeley. They are not about to take another QB with a high pick.

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Yea I think his Pro Day he ran a fast time.
nope, he didn't run on his pro day, all he did was get weighed.
But the 4.49 he ran at the combine is fast enough.

Woods didn't work out at his pro day, he only weighed in at 200 lbs...the 40 time I have for him is 4.47

Back
Top Bottom