OGUN deal almost signed? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OGUN deal almost signed?

I do expect AO to sign. I think in the end Wanny is going to go cry to WH and say we absolutely need this guy. Remember Wanny's job and probably future career is on the line this season. He is going to feel pressure to get him back. WH will probably give in to him and tell Rick to make sure he is signed.

This whole board is saying how he is getting low-balled. Truth is there is no market set for a RFA DE. IF Ogun really wants the $$ that Kearse got he will have to play the one year, become a UFA and then get that type of cash. I think by sitting out half the year or however much he does, that will really hurt him in getting that HUGE contract. First of all, his numbers will not be that great for only 6 games. Secondly, I think teams are starting to see what NE does and that is make sure your players are TEAM players. Holding out on your team for more $ is not much of a team player. Don't get me wrong he will still get $, but I don't think he would get as much, in that case unless he plays the whole year and puts up ProBowl numbers again.

burger13 said:
WTF???? He did honor his contract. His contract expired. That's why is was a restricted free agent. It is now time for him to negotiate a new contract, and a DE with his production is worth more than 1.8 mil for 1 yr. That is why they are trying to get a long term deal. Is he worth as much as he is asking for? Probably not.......but then what kind of negotiator would he (or his agent) be if he went in asking for what he would settle for. You have to start high......just like the FO started low.

I love how everyone on this board want O-Gun to just give in and come and play for the below market offers that have been offered to him. If I ever start a company, I want all of you working for me. The salary negotiations will be great......."I know that the company across the street is paying their janitors 30k per year, but I have so much respect for this company, I'm gonna take the 20k that you offered and get right back to work."
:lol:
His contract only half expired. If it fully expired hed b a UFA. We gave him the tender, and no team matched it. That means he is still on our roster, i dont kno wut ur talkin bout. As a RFA tht means u ethir have someone match the tender or u shut up and play. Obviously no team thinks hes great yet, or theyd match the tender. If he goes out this year and gets atleast 13 sacks, then hell rake in the cash. But right now no1 thinks tht higly of em(so it seems) cuz i guarantee u half the teams in the leauge would give a 1st and 3rd and his salary to get JT.If Ogunleye doesnt play, what is he accomplishing.Hes loosing money, and credibility amung the leauge.

DolphinDevil28 said:
dolphinz34, is there anything else of note that skolnick mentioned or said?

Thanks.
Sorry bro, I turned it off right after that I had just pulled in to my house.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Yeah, I know. :(

BTW, I called the Jorge Sedano show yesterday (pretty damn good sports show host on 940) and he had Ethan Skolnick from the Sentinel coming on. I asked him about the whole 99Jamz thing and Skolnick actually called one of his contacts at 99Jamz and they told him it was BS. They had no concrete evidence of any sort, so I guess that ends that. Kinda pisses me of how they can just get on the air and throw whoppers out without any substantial evidence.

Ahhhh.

So we were talking about a rumor about a contract that turns out not too be true. I'm going to close my eyes now and imagine it is September.

I am sure we will eventually re-sign Ogun but I doubt we are close yet.Drew Rosenhaus is very friendly with the media and uses it to help his negotiations posturing.He wants to keep his clients name in the press so he seeds little nuggets of information and lets the press with its overactive imagination (And thirst for getting a story)to run with it.

Since it has been a week since the report we were "close" apparently "close" doesn't always mean "close".

Please

We still have Jason Taylor and if Ogun. is gonna be a jerk-off and whine about more money, than let him go. I think Taylor will do better with him out. I hate players who whine about money when they should be happy to be playin in the NFL period. (Especially for the Phins :tongue: ) So I say, See ya Ogun!!!!

The obligatory Wale update is there is none, said the Dolphins officials were on vacation so they didn't get anything done. Drew then says he expects talks to seriously heat up in the next couple of weeks before TC.

From Finsflurry from thread Drew's View

DolFinatic718 said:
What Station Was U Listening To?

This Guy Might Be Lying
Please read the entire thread before posting. Your question has already been asked, answered, and confirmed.

Guess you cant expect much from a fiedler lover though...

Back
Top Bottom