OGUN deal almost signed? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OGUN deal almost signed?

Drews players always sign. First they do the holdout, thrash about in the media a bit, float some trade and interest rumors but in the end they sign. For all the negative press about Rosenhaus hes a good agent

Disnardo said:
Well I know that these have been posted before, so I apologize for doing it again...

AO stats- 2 yrs (avg/yr)
54.5 tot tkls, 12.75 sks, 2.5 frcd fmbls, 4 pass defnd...

JK stats- 4 yrs (avg/yr)... *did not use 2002 stats...
47 tot tkls, 11.3 sks, 4.7 frcd fmbls, 4.5 pass defnd...

KBG stats- 3 yrs (avg/yr)
39 tot tkls, 11.8 sks, 3 frcd fmbls, 2.3 pass defnd...

JT stats- 7 yrs (avg/yr)
56.5 tot tkls, 10.2 sks, 3 frcd fmbls, 5.8 pass defnd...

I know that there has been the excused that AO is a product of JT, and as of now he might be. Now, AO was going to be a high draft pick (1st round)coming out of college before he blew his knee out. He had the skills and talent in college, and he definelty is getting healthier. Last season showed it, and with JT on the other side, they will both have their ways with opposing linemen...

Bottom line, now the question is will our FO be willing to pay top DE sallaries to both players?
Those arnt fair stats to judge a player. Let Ogunleye play this year, becuz theres been alot of ppl who have been good for 2 years. If he plays to tht level again ill give him his dues. But under those stats, it makes AO look better then JT and tht alone shows how worthless those stats are. I dont think AO is worth Kearse money, but around KGB sounds right to me. But the bottom line is he needs to show some respect and honor the contract of a team tht gave him a chance. Ill giv another real world example, say a TV show host comes in and boosts rating on tht show 15%, u think hes gonna stop workin for them becuz hes gettin paid low?No u honor ur contract and then bring up evrything uve done in the past at the next negotioating process.End of Story!

FinFan24 said:
But the bottom line is he needs to show some respect and honor the contract of a team that gave him a chance. Ill give another real world example, say a TV show host comes in and boosts rating on that show 15%, u think hes gonna stop working for them becuz hes gettin paid low?No u honor ur contract and then bring up evrything uve done in the past at the next negotioating process.End of Story!

WTF???? He did honor his contract. His contract expired. That's why is was a restricted free agent. It is now time for him to negotiate a new contract, and a DE with his production is worth more than 1.8 mil for 1 yr. That is why they are trying to get a long term deal. Is he worth as much as he is asking for? Probably not.......but then what kind of negotiator would he (or his agent) be if he went in asking for what he would settle for. You have to start high......just like the FO started low.

I love how everyone on this board want O-Gun to just give in and come and play for the below market offers that have been offered to him. If I ever start a company, I want all of you working for me. The salary negotiations will be great......."I know that the company across the street is paying their janitors 30k per year, but I have so much respect for this company, I'm gonna take the 20k that you offered and get right back to work."
:lol:

burger13 said:
"I know that the company across the street is paying their janitors 30k per year, but I have so much respect for this company, I'm gonna take the 20k that you offered and get right back to work."
True That! :D

burger13 said:
WTF???? He did honor his contract. His contract expired. That's why is was a restricted free agent. It is now time for him to negotiate a new contract, and a DE with his production is worth more than 1.8 mil for 1 yr. That is why they are trying to get a long term deal. Is he worth as much as he is asking for? Probably not.......but then what kind of negotiator would he (or his agent) be if he went in asking for what he would settle for. You have to start high......just like the FO started low.

I love how everyone on this board want O-Gun to just give in and come and play for the below market offers that have been offered to him. If I ever start a company, I want all of you working for me. The salary negotiations will be great......."I know that the company across the street is paying their janitors 30k per year, but I have so much respect for this company, I'm gonna take the 20k that you offered and get right back to work."

The reason why Ogun should and eventually will give in is that he has no leverage. He is a RFA. In your example, the janitor doesn't have the option of signing with the company across the street. He would have the option of working for 20k or not working (for $0) and hoping that the replacement janitor doesn't look so good that next year the best offer he could get is less than the 20k he is being offered now.

Ogunleye has leverage in that the Dolphins are in a win-now mentality and his absence therefore hurts us more than a team that is not in this "the window of opportunity is closing" mode.

He's comfortable enough financially that he could go the season without paychecks, counting on the pay-day that happens next offseason. This shouldn't be compared to some janitor's situation...unless the Janitor already has a 6 figure trust fund.

There's still time. We'll see what happens. But I think Ogunleye has made it clear that he is willing to hold out for 10 games. The injury risk is just too much for him I guess. If he plays on a one year contract for us and then gets injured, he loses millions upon millions come free agency.

rafael said:
The reason why Ogun should and eventually will give in is that he has no leverage. He is a RFA. In your example, the janitor doesn't have the option of signing with the company across the street. He would have the option of working for 20k or not working (for $0) and hoping that the replacement janitor doesn't look so good that next year the best offer he could get is less than the 20k he is being offered now.

I think that the comparison does work, because it's not as if the company across the street is even hiring......but you still know what their janitors are getting paid, and you know that you are a better janitor and most of them.........so when the low-ball offer comes in, do you take it, or do you try and negotiate a better deal?? I would negotiate......but it seems like a lot of people here would just take the offer and happily go back to work.

burger13 said:
I think that the comparison does work, because it's not as if the company across the street is even hiring......but you still know what their janitors are getting paid, and you know that you are a better janitor and most of them.........so when the low-ball offer comes in, do you take it, or do you try and negotiate a better deal?? I would negotiate......but it seems like a lot of people here would just take the offer and happily go back to work.

The janitors would need a CBA for that comparison to work. The janitors would also need a salary cap.

badfoot said:
I am sorry but i am probably in the minority when i say I dont want ogun on this team. here is a guy that had ONE decent season acrosss from a perenial probowler(taylor) and now he wants HOW MUCH? This guy ought to be gratefull a team like us took him in for TWO years! while he did nothing!then he has a mediocre year and last year a good year.so for that one year he gets kearse type money?NO friggin way!I happen to think he is over rated...and if he is as good a kearse why didnt teams jump on him ? Exactly! not to mention i think we have more young DE's who can fill the spot.And as far as him getting money that chambers should get... well chambers better have a hell of a year for him to even rank worth resigning! hes good ... but still not living up to his "potential " that i hear about every year...but rarely see. :shakeno:
its his friggin agent Rosenhuas.

ckparrothead said:
Ogunleye has leverage in that the Dolphins are in a win-now mentality and his absence therefore hurts us more than a team that is not in this "the window of opportunity is closing" mode.

He's comfortable enough financially that he could go the season without paychecks, counting on the pay-day that happens next offseason. This shouldn't be compared to some janitor's situation...unless the Janitor already has a 6 figure trust fund.

There's still time. We'll see what happens. But I think Ogunleye has made it clear that he is willing to hold out for 10 games. The injury risk is just too much for him I guess. If he plays on a one year contract for us and then gets injured, he loses millions upon millions come free agency.

But if Miami believes that Bowens is capable of filling in then the window thing doesn't matter. (BTW I don't believe teams have windows. Miami's strategy is to avoid rebuilding, so they are always going to be close, or hopefully there.)

If Bowens does fill in well, then Ogun's not likely to get Kearse or KGB money. He'll be fortunate to get the 8 mil Miami is reportedly offering now.

I don't expect that Ogun will play on a 1 year contract. I expect that Ogun's demands will drop some and that he'll sign a deal with a split signing bonus of about 10 mill over 2 years.

burger13 said:

Right, it works as long as both parties know that the company across the street is not hiring. In that scenario there is no way the janitor gets the full 30k b/c everyone knows that his threat to sit out the year is not real likely b/c it's not in his best interest.

Pretty sad that the only thing worth talking about is an unconfirmed rumor about a contract. Someone please move us to September. PLEASE

PhinKev said:
Pretty sad that the only thing worth talking about is an unconfirmed rumor about a contract. Someone please move us to September. PLEASE
Yeah, I know. :(

BTW, I called the Jorge Sedano show yesterday (pretty damn good sports show host on 940) and he had Ethan Skolnick from the Sentinel coming on. I asked him about the whole 99Jamz thing and Skolnick actually called one of his contacts at 99Jamz and they told him it was BS. They had no concrete evidence of any sort, so I guess that ends that. Kinda pisses me of how they can just get on the air and throw whoppers out without any substantial evidence.

Back
Top Bottom