OGUN deal almost signed? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OGUN deal almost signed?

PhinKev said:
I bet that 10% is the signing bonus. He wants 13 and they want to give him 8.
So what would u guess we gave him in salary?

FinFan24 said:
....hmm evryone is celebrating and cheering like crazy. I sure as hell wouldnt be if we payed him like Jevon Kearse. That would mean the end of CC and McMike(or one of em, not suree exactly.) Priorities for me go- CC,McMike,Wale
I wouldn't worry too much about that. From what I've heard Rick is no push over and the Dolphins are known for getting great value on contracts. Just take a look and see how many teams are loaded with playmakers like the Dolphins (and we're not really in cap trouble either). If they are really close to agreeing on something I'm sure it's reasonable. Hopefully.:(

badfoot said:
I am sorry but i am probably in the minority when i say I don't want ogun on this team. here is a guy that had ONE decent season acrosss from a perenial probowler(taylor) and now he wants HOW MUCH? This guy ought to be gratefull a team like us took him in for TWO years! while he did nothing!then he has a mediocre year and last year a good year.so for that one year he gets kearse type money?NO friggin way!I happen to think he is over rated...and if he is as good a kearse why didnt teams jump on him ? Exactly! not to mention i think we have more young DE's who can fill the spot.And as far as him getting money that chambers should get... well chambers better have a hell of a year for him to even rank worth resigning! hes good ... but still not living up to his "potential " that i hear about every year...but rarely see. :shakeno:

I agree with you that Ogunleye has had one DECENT season......that was in '02 when he had 9.5 sacks. Last year he had a GREAT year and led the AFC with 15 sacks. He hasn't come out and asked for Kearse money.....he is asking for a deal somewhere in the middle of what KGB signed a year ago and what Kearse signed this year. And, of course he is going to ask for more than he will settle for. It's part of negotiations.

When you look at the numbers.......which never tell the whole story (see Chambers comments below), his request is not that far out of whack. O-Gun is coming off of a two year span in which he totaled 24.5 sacks.

KGB got his contract following a two year span totaling 25.5 sacks. He has never had 15 sacks in one season. This is not to mention that unlike Ogunleye, he is a one-dimensional player.

Kearse signed his contract coming off a THREE year span in which he totaled 21.5 sacks. Fine, he was injured in ’02, so let’s look at his BEST 2 year span…….which is 99-00. He totaled 26 sacks.

But O-Gun doesn’t deserve anything near what these two got, right?? :confused:

As for Chambers, you can’t judge his value simply by looking at his numbers……even though they are not bad. You have to watch him play to see that he has all the talent needed to be a top-notch WR in this league. He had 3-4 catches last year that were as good or better than any I saw from anyone last year. His numbers would be GREAT in a better passing offense. Hopefully, this year will give a glimpse of that.

Finsflurry said:
I heard it too, however the guy who reported it is known as quite the bser, he's already said we've traded for Brunell Ramsey Pace and Ogden this offseason lol. I'd say he's on par with Hacksaw and Prisco as far as outlandish rumors go, so I wouldn't put too much merit into what he has to say...
At least you got someone to back up what you hear this time huh Flurry? :lol:

Just kidding man! :D

PhinKev said:
I bet that 10% is the signing bonus. He wants 13 and they want to give him 8.

i would be happy with 8...:D, come on wale, 8 is far enough for one freakin signature....get on board :yell:

yankeehillbilly said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap
90% signed? Does that mean he signed Adewale Ogunl and then stopped?

Laughed my a** off at that one.
So did I. Good stuff again Scrap. :up:

badfoot said:
I happen to think he is over rated...and if he is as good a kearse why didnt teams jump on him ? Exactly!

Because in addition to the huge contract he's asking for, Miami wouldn't budge from their demand of a 1st and 3rd round draft pick. That's why.

The Bears admitted that they would have given up the picks for him. But the big contract in addition to them was too much for them.

Muck said:
Because in addition to the huge contract he's asking for, Miami wouldn't budge from their demand of a 1st and 3rd round draft pick. That's why.

The Bears admitted that they would have given up the picks for him. But the big contract in addition to them was too much for them.

Exactly!! I meant to include that in my post as well......

If there was no compensation for signing him.....he probably would have gotten almost as much as Kearse, adn definately more than Winstrom.

That whole thing about either give Ogun what he wants or sign Chambers long term...I don't think people should take that as gospel...because we really don't even know if its true.

We here on the message boards (myself included) have speculated that this may be the case, however, we don't know that it is the case. I think a few of us started speculating to this effect and it sort of snowballed to a point where people are 100% convinced that we can't have both of them and that is probably not true...

badfoot said:
I am sorry but i am probably in the minority when i say I dont want ogun on this team. here is a guy that had ONE decent season acrosss from a perenial probowler(taylor) and now he wants HOW MUCH? This guy ought to be gratefull a team like us took him in for TWO years! while he did nothing!then he has a mediocre year and last year a good year.so for that one year he gets kearse type money?NO friggin way!I happen to think he is over rated...and if he is as good a kearse why didnt teams jump on him ? Exactly! not to mention i think we have more young DE's who can fill the spot.And as far as him getting money that chambers should get... well chambers better have a hell of a year for him to even rank worth resigning! hes good ... but still not living up to his "potential " that i hear about every year...but rarely see. :shakeno:
Give him a blanking quarterback and watch his numbers, Jay Fiedler's receivers will never reach the Pro Bowl because he can't get them the ball consistently enough.

I dont know why some people on this board are so concerned about Ogunleye's contract causing us to have to let Chambers or McMichael go. First of all, I think Randy is a overrated by people on this board. He is not one of the 5 best TE in the league. Remember last year how before the 2nd NE game he was talking all this sh#* about Rodney Harrison. Then he totally misses a block on Harrison and he blindsides Jay causing a fumble that the Pats recoverod. This was at the Pats 12 yard line and our only real scoring chance of the game. Also, if you look at his stats they arent that great. I know people will say its because of Jay. But Jay is not horrible on short passes which is usually what the TE is used for. Randy may see less passes thrown his way this year if Boston pans out, also he may have to get adjusted to a new QB in Feeley. Notice how I didnt even mention possible suspension for domestic abuse. As for Chamber, every year we go into the offseason with little or no cap space and we restructure contracts or waive or let people go and then we get the cap room to resign our players or sign free agents. Here are just a few players who could get restrucured/waived/let go: Fiedler (4 M in salary), Seau, Bowens (5.5 M in salary), Madison. If Chambers has a good year Rick will find a way to resign him.

ckparrothead said:
That whole thing about either give Ogun what he wants or sign Chambers long term...I don't think people should take that as gospel...because we really don't even know if its true.

We here on the message boards (myself included) have speculated that this may be the case, however, we don't know that it is the case. I think a few of us started speculating to this effect and it sort of snowballed to a point where people are 100% convinced that we can't have both of them and that is probably not true...
We have over 4 million in cap space tied up in Jay Fiedler this year, that is where Chambers money resides.

ckparrothead said:

Excellent point. Signing AO doesn't guarantee Chambers & McMichael won't be resigned. We still have Surtains huge contract to work with.

Speaking of Surtain he's another one due a contract extension, and his is gonna have ot be big too.

Back
Top Bottom