Ogun is Eagles top priority | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun is Eagles top priority

we have had a pass rush with JT and Trace...J.T and Bowens...JT and Anybody else getting single-teamed. I love O-Gun... but we have to take a hit on def. to help this Off. It is that sinple... WE can get picks and spend the money on off.... Sorry to see him go but get some veteran o-line help.

Re: Ogun Must Stay

Originally posted by dolphanatic
Ogun must stay, if he doesnt then they will b double teaming j-tay and BOOM no more dolphin pass rush

Dolphanatic, welcome to the board...

IMO, if we loose Wale, we will still get sacks by others in that defense. You have to remember that Wale played on just about every 3rd down. With his production, there was no need to put someone else in place, or adjust the system by blitzing alot.

We should be able to get the same, or more sacks with better, creative blitzes, like NE and other teams, if the DL fails to pressure QBs. We did not due much of that last year because we had pressure from our front 4.

I don't believe loosing Wale, will be a huge defensive factor. Even though I believe he is better than JT all around. Maybe its just me or does anyone else feel the same...

disnardo ur right i also think that ogun is better than j-tay but who is makin more? if ur looking to dump some salary to put into ur offense than wouldnt it make sense to dump the one who isnt as good and is makin more money? we also need some desperate o-line help cuz feeley isnt as tough as jay and i dont think that he scrables as well either

If there's any truth to the rumors the Eagles are considering trading Tra Thomas, their left tackle to move up in the draft, they might also discuss trading him to Miami.
Of course its all rumors.

Tra is a mammoth left tackle who made the pro bowl in 2002, but had an off year last year. He's young, and signed through 2008. I'd be surprised if he's dealt.

this falls in line with 'What would Phishstix do if he was GM?' With such a deep draft, quality can be had at #28, and Jake Grve should be there with that pick (imo the 3rd best lineman in the draft). Pick Williams/Evans at 20, and pick Grove at 28. Re-sign Wade, move McKinney to G, sign Woody/Coleman/what's his name from Chi-town to play the other G, and the offense is set (if Feeley balls out:cool: )

Originally posted by lauderdale
I know everybody is hyped to get picks for OGUN but… Why would any team waste 2 picks on him if they can sign Wistrom or Kearse and not surrender any picks? Not to down what Wally has done here but is he really that much better than Kearse or Wistrom in the eyes of the rest of the NFL teams?

kearse is nothing but a tweener who has been injury prone. Ogun is way better than kearse. 28 sacks in two years says it all. he is a complete player. as for wistrom, push, maybe, but Ogun is still younger.

If i were a team in need of a DE and i had to choose from this bunch i would get Ogun. All i would have to do is watch film of him to know. then you realize that Miami is less likely to match the deal which is something that alot of people are not bringing up here. A team puts in a big offer and can basically chalk it up unless spielman weighs the consequences and matches and we keep ogun.

Originally posted by Phishstix
this falls in line with 'What would Phishstix do if he was GM?' With such a deep draft, quality can be had at #28, and Jake Grve should be there with that pick (imo the 3rd best lineman in the draft). Pick Williams/Evans at 20, and pick Grove at 28. Re-sign Wade, move McKinney to G, sign Woody/Coleman/what's his name from Chi-town to play the other G, and the offense is set (if Feeley balls out:cool: )

if we lose out on Woody, jake grove might be a great pick at 28 and move mckinney to LG.

Re: Re: Ogun Must Stay

Originally posted by Disnardo

IMO, if we loose Wale, we will still get sacks by others in that defense. You have to remember that Wale played on just about every 3rd down. With his production, there was no need to put someone else in place, or adjust the system by blitzing alot.

We should be able to get the same, or more sacks with better, creative blitzes, like NE and other teams, if the DL fails to pressure QBs. We did not due much of that last year because we had pressure from our front 4.

I don't believe loosing Wale, will be a huge defensive factor. Even though I believe he is better than JT all around. Maybe its just me or does anyone else feel the same...

I agree with the general sentiment but I don't think we need to blitz alot. We could Blitz more I think but not alot.

I think Ogunleye's success is all related to seconds (3.5 seconds to be exact). We all know that Miami doesn't blitz too often. It's my observation that the sacks from the front four do not come from immediate pressure. The pressure come from the two ends not allowing themselves to be taken out of the play. If the pass cannot be completed in under 3 seconds the opposing QB will be had. That is what I think this defense takes away-the extra time. If you are the QB and you realize the play is breaking down do you lean towards your left side? All QB's who play the Miami Dolphins are keenly aware of who is over there.

Most of Ogunleye's sacks happen 3 seconds after the snap. Would you call that a coverage sack? I guess that all depend on perspective.

Back
Top Bottom