Ogun is Eagles top priority | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun is Eagles top priority

I don't think philly will bite on Ogun. It just seems to me that they need WR more than DE and they can fix that w/ their 1st round pick.

Holmgren has said (about a week ago) that depending on who's available they wouldn't shut out the idea of trading picks for a player.....the Skins are also in search of a good DE.....

I would like to get Carey and a WR as well....

When the cash is plunked down on the table for Ogunleye it will not be, "it's not worth it". It will be "We can't afford that."

It doesn't seem that you are getting it. When the offer comes and we can't match it-the 1st and the 3rd (wherever they are) is all we get.

People keep saying they wouldn't make this move (for the 28th pick). It's not a choice. Ogun is a restricted free agent. If he signs an offer sheet with a team, we can either match it or take their 1st and 3rd round picks. We can't block the deal. If Philly wants him, they get him (or we match).

Originally posted by spike owen
People keep saying they wouldn't make this move (for the 28th pick). It's not a choice. Ogun is a restricted free agent. If he signs an offer sheet with a team, we can either match it or take their 1st and 3rd round picks. We can't block the deal. If Philly wants him, they get him (or we match).
Good point.You're right, people forget that.

This is a reasonable scenario. A very late 1st and a third for your Pro-Bowl DE.

:lol:

If we were looking for advice on how to overpay for a statue at Q.B or how to continually talk smack after finishing 6-10 , we will GLADLY ask the advice of all Bill fans on this board! .........Until then.....:hitself: :lol: :lol:

I think the team is purposely letting Ogun try and find a deal because there is a potential upside to having two more picks. But, I'm of the opinion that a late 1 and a late 3 which basically amounts to a 2 and a 4 is not worth it for a player of Oguns ability. I think you match that offer or at least signal to the Eagles that we intend to match their offer. Maybe they sweeten the deal.

Wow! if Philly pulls this one.....Philly would rip us off twice in one year...Im not sure anyone has ever done that to us.

What exactly is a Bills fan doing appraising our offseason moves? If we want that kind of advice, we can go find a bum, offer him a bottle of Thunderbird, then ask him what he thinks in French.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
What exactly is a Bills fan doing appraising our offseason moves? If we want that kind of advice, we can go find a bum, offer him a bottle of Thunderbird, then ask him what he thinks in French.

I'm confused.

Isn't that the best way to find a Bills fan?

Originally posted by PhinKev
I think the team is purposely letting Ogun try and find a deal because there is a potential upside to having two more picks. But, I'm of the opinion that a late 1 and a late 3 which basically amounts to a 2 and a 4 is not worth it for a player of Oguns ability. I think you match that offer or at least signal to the Eagles that we intend to match their offer. Maybe they sweeten the deal.

So you are saying that 35 million dollars last year of a 75 million dollar total was not good enough?

Do I have to change my sig again to remind people?

35 million for a starting defense

15 million for a starting offense

You get what you pay for.

"I think the team is purposely letting Ogun try and find a deal because there is a potential upside to having two more picks. "

and it is better to get something for him this year than lose him next year with no compensation as an unrestricted free agent or tie up more big money on the defense..

I know everybody is hyped to get picks for OGUN but… Why would any team waste 2 picks on him if they can sign Wistrom or Kearse and not surrender any picks? Not to down what Wally has done here but is he really that much better than Kearse or Wistrom in the eyes of the rest of the NFL teams?

Originally posted by ZOD

So you are saying that 35 million dollars last year of a 75 million dollar total was not good enough?

Do I have to change my sig again to remind people?

35 million for a starting defense

15 million for a starting offense

You get what you pay for.

I think you are jumping to unfair conclusions based on what I said. I think we should spend more on offense, but that doesn't mean you dump young talent on defense. If you want to reduce the spending on defense then you dump the older slower guys like maybe a Madison. You certainly don't let a guy like Ogun with years of good play ahead of him go.

Back
Top Bottom