Ogun to the Vikings....? Moss...again...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun to the Vikings....? Moss...again...?

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
from www.phinzone.com, although I looked through some of the articles from www.twincities.com (vikings/nfl) and didn't see a reference to it....

Vikings After Ogunleye
March 10th, 2004
The St.Paul Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings are interested in Dolphins defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. For the Vikings to acquire Miami Dolphins defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, they probably would have to trade draft picks and resume trade talks that would include wide receiver Randy Moss.

:nono:

Do they ever sign DEs from other teams? Seriously, the Vikes need to realize that there are 30 other teams who have DEs too......

Do they ever sign DEs from other teams? Seriously, the Vikes need to realize that there are 30 other teams who have DEs too......

LMAO... that is funny. However, it does have some real truthful basis to it.

Shhh! Ogunleye would be worth the #19 pick in the draft. Any less though and forget it I'd rather keep him.

MOSS AND BOSTON ARE COMING TO MIAMI
:cpatch: :dance: :cpatch:

realistically, id take ogun for the 19th pick, be nice if we could grab some more from them though... we can leave moss out of it as long as we bring in boston

OK now here's the question that wasn't discussed last time, nobody wanted to geiv up Chambers for Moss.

If the Fins get Boston and the Vikings want some deal that includes Ogun and Chambers for Moss, now would you do it and have Moss and Boston together?

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
OK now here's the question that wasn't discussed last time, nobody wanted to geiv up Chambers for Moss.

If the Fins get Boston and the Vikings want some deal that includes Ogun and Chambers for Moss, now would you do it and have Moss and Boston together?

NOOOOOO
because wed lose madison in that scenario too, and he just restructured to give us the best CB trio in the NFL IMO
chambers and Boston is good enough for us to be successful.

plus i dont want my chambers jersey to go out of style already.

Boston and Chambers is the way to go right now...
pawn ogun off for their 1st and something else if we can

As much as I hate to say it (sorry CC).....yes.

IMO, we won't give that up however, as CC and Boston would work for us as well. Those are 2 #1 WRs. Moss would be the icing on the cake, but isn't required nor worth losing Ogun (and the potential loss of 2 picks) and CC over. Also, the Moss/Boston combo would cost too much and I still think the whole trade thing was just to scare Moss a little.

If the Vikes want Ogun, I see us letting him go though for a 1st & 3rd round pick to them. They have the cap room to offer another big DE contract (perhaps close to Kearse, although they'd really only have to offer more then we could afford, which isn't that much, plus we're only interested in the picks anyways).

After looking at the big picture, if we lose Ogun I'd rather see

1) CC, Boston and 2 additional picks

vs

2) Moss and Boston, no picks, increased $cost$

Any variation of 1 allows us to upgrade the #2 WR spot while also keeping our finances somewhat in order to work on th OL and also get some picks in the draft.

I still wouldn't. Chambers, Ricky, & Surtain are untouchable in my book. They'd have to wow me with something like just Moss straight up for Chambers.

I doubt Minnasota will give up a 1st and 3rd for ogun. I think the best they would do is a 1st and 5th or a 1st and 3rd or 4th in 2005.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
NOOOOOO
because wed lose madison in that scenario too, and he just restructured....

just a thought (not saying I advocate it cuz I'd like to see him stay now that he's taken a paycut) but maybe the restructure/salary decrease of Madison was to help make him more attractive to trade?

....just playing devil's advocate. In the end, I'd rather see CC, Boston and keep Ogun (now that we're not paying huge $ to people like Tait).

Back
Top Bottom