Ogunleye talking about lost love | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye talking about lost love

dolphindog

Scout Team
Reaction score
I really hope that a contract gets signed with Ogunleye, but what is he talking about lost love for the dolphins. On the news this morning I was watching channel seven talk about Shaq, and they intervewed Ogunleye. He was wondering if there going to be any lost love in Miami, because of the Heat bandwagon. I find this ironic because Ogunleye is taking greed over love for his team mates and fans.

Lets give it some more time and not be all like that. The man's just looking out for his welfare he does have a legitimate point if he waited and played for a full year trying to hit free agency and he took any significant injury whatsoever during the season, he would lose out on millions in the free agent market that he likely would never recuperate...doesn't mean I feel what he's doing is right or wrong he's playing his hand and we're playing ours...lets just give it time and see how it pans out.

ckparrothead said:
Lets give it some more time and not be all like that. The man's just looking out for his welfare he does have a legitimate point if he waited and played for a full year trying to hit free agency and he took any significant injury whatsoever during the season, he would lose out on millions in the free agent market that he likely would never recuperate...doesn't mean I feel what he's doing is right or wrong he's playing his hand and we're playing ours...lets just give it time and see how it pans out.

While I understand the "looking out for his welfare" angle, I believe he is being selfish. Sign the tender, report to camp and continue to negotiate behind closed doors. This is the way the CBA works so Ogun needs to deal with it. Besides that, he is hurting his team and himself by not participating in camps.
You can agree or disagree with whether sitting out is the way to go about things, but you can't agrue, in my opinion, that he is indeed being selfish.

ckparrothead said:
You mean sort of like how he got hurt in college and no one wanted him? Then the Dolphins took a chance on him! I personally think he is still a bit greedy and unappreciative. I am probably going to get blasted for that comment, but that is what I think.

I think his welfare would be fine with an $8 or $9 mill sb on a six year deal.

inFINSible said:
I think his welfare would be fine with an $8 or $9 mill sb on a six year deal.

So are you on the side that believes he is being selfish or that he is doing the right thing..........................................Or are you firmly on the fence. :D

pigskinguy said:
Or are you firmly on the fence. :D
Would that fench be wooden, chain link, or plastic?

Anyways, I myself am torn on it, and while I can understand his desire to earn more money after a productive year, he's just not handling it the right way. Threatening to sit out of games is just being a cry-baby. Thats now how you gain the respect of the front office and your teammates. :shakeno:

Ogunleye?

Screw that loser, David Bowens is better anyway.Oguns attitude sucks anyway.I just wish we couldve found some sucker to give us 1st rounder.

pigskinguy said:
While I understand the "looking out for his welfare" angle, I believe he is being selfish. Sign the tender, report to camp and continue to negotiate behind closed doors. This is the way the CBA works so Ogun needs to deal with it. Besides that, he is hurting his team and himself by not participating in camps.
You can agree or disagree with whether sitting out is the way to go about things, but you can't agrue, in my opinion, that he is indeed being selfish.
I agree, he needed to sign the 1.8 million and get into work. But I do understand his angle.....if he gets a career ending injury....he is out everything. However, now that the tender in lowered to under 1/2 million, he has no choice to sit out, until he gets a reasonible offer.

You mean sort of like how he got hurt in college and no one wanted him?

Thats just false though. He was one of the hottest commodities on the undrafted free agent market. Nobody wanted to draft him because of the knee injury, but a LOT of teams called him after the draft and he chose Miami among other suitors who promised to rehab him and then see what he could do.

Rugar said:
Screw that loser, David Bowens is better anyway.Oguns attitude sucks anyway.I just wish we couldve found some sucker to give us 1st rounder.

While I understand you frustration with Oguns tactics, your contention that David Bowens is better is just laughable.

Rugar said:

Good thing we don't have you in the FO. :lol:

He is doing the right thing tryng to secure his future, he did play 2 years for peanuts now its time to put the money on the table.
I agree with what he's doing, the FO could have worked this out last year, look at Mccardel in Tampa he makes a good peso he's under contract but he wants more, we would love to see him cut so we could sign him, so which one is it.
Ogun should get paid.

fin13 said:
He is doing the right thing tryng to secure his future, he did play 2 years for peanuts now its time to put the money on the table.
I agree with what he's doing, the FO could have worked this out last year, look at Mccardel in Tampa he makes a good peso he's under contract but he wants more, we would love to see him cut so we could sign him, so which one is it.
Ogun should get paid.

He should get paid.....and he probably will. But in the meantime he should be participating in camps with the rest of his teammates instead of whinning and b-itching.

Oboy said:
You mean sort of like how he got hurt in college and no one wanted him? Then the Dolphins took a chance on him! I personally think he is still a bit greedy and unappreciative. I am probably going to get blasted for that comment, but that is what I think.

It wasn't like the Dolphins took a chance on him because they liked him as a person, or it was a personal favor that he should feel obligated to repay with some sort of personal or financial sacrafice. The Phins did what they did for they're own SELFISH reasons.....they wanted to see if they could get a good player on the cheap, and they did......now it's time to pay the man.

Back
Top Bottom