Ogunleye talking about lost love | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye talking about lost love

pigskinguy said:
He should get paid.....and he probably will. But in the meantime he should be participating in camps with the rest of his teammates instead of whinning and b-itching.

He doesn't have a contract......why should he participate?? What insurances does he have if he gets hurt in practice?

Bottom line is that the Fins have to stop signing players with the initials O.G. if they want to avoid contract problems. :lol:

burger13 said:
He doesn't have a contract......why should he participate?? What insurances does he have if he gets hurt in practice?

If he manned up and sign the tender he would have contract. The Dolphins FO has never said sign the tender and that's it. Their contention has always been they want him to sign the tender and then the 2 sides can hammer out a deal. But no Ogun has to to bellyache and posture and act flat-out selfish.

IMO, when you sign a contract for a set amount, you should play out that contract before asking for more cash, reguardless of how well you do. If he sucks, I doubt he will give any of the cash back.

Yep

pigskinguy said:
While I understand the "looking out for his welfare" angle, I believe he is being selfish. Sign the tender, report to camp and continue to negotiate behind closed doors. This is the way the CBA works so Ogun needs to deal with it. Besides that, he is hurting his team and himself by not participating in camps.
You can agree or disagree with whether sitting out is the way to go about things, but you can't agrue, in my opinion, that he is indeed being selfish.

I have to agree. I think he's being a self-centered millionaire brat. I don't believe he has any business acting the way he is. Yes, we need him, but give me a break. He should at least be attempting to be loyal to the franchise, as well as wanting to "look out for his welfare."

burger13 said:
It wasn't like the Dolphins took a chance on him because they liked him as a person, or it was a personal favor that he should feel obligated to repay with some sort of personal or financial sacrafice. The Phins did what they did for they're own SELFISH reasons.....they wanted to see if they could get a good player on the cheap, and they did......now it's time to pay the man.
The Dolphins also added some incentives last year for Ogun without having to do it.

pigskinguy said:
If he manned up and sign the tender he would have contract. The Dolphins FO has never said sign the tender and that's it. Their contention has always been they want him to sign the tender and then the 2 sides can hammer out a deal. But no Ogun has to to bellyache and posture and act flat-out selfish.

I Still wouldn't play until a better contract was signed. If he got injured after he signed the tender, the talks stop there. Ogun is worth more than the tender but not worth the Kearse deal either.

Justasportsfan said:
I Still wouldn't play until a better contract was signed. If he got injured after he signed the tender, the talks stop there. Ogun is worth more than the tender but not worth the Kearse deal either.

Bah! You're just saying that cuz you know we won't be as good without him. :evil:

I would never risk injury at a time like this.
How much did he get paid for last year, not much, he played now it's time to pay.
I just don't like his agent, but he is doing the job.

Although I feel he's asking for too much too soon, We need to come to an agreement with him, and fast. Good LDE's are hard to come by. His a good pass rusher, and excellent in the run as well. With the growing pains our offense will surely weather, we cannot let our defense weaken at all. Also, with the word out that he doesn't really care about the size of his contract, only his signing bonus, there are surely plenty of teams licking their chops right now. We need to just offer him the 1.8 tender again with a 18-20M signing bonus. It's in the range of what he wants, plus if that's spread out over 5-6 years, it won't hurt too much against the cap.

pigskinguy said:
While I understand the "looking out for his welfare" angle, I believe he is being selfish. Sign the tender, report to camp and continue to negotiate behind closed doors. This is the way the CBA works so Ogun needs to deal with it. Besides that, he is hurting his team and himself by not participating in camps.
You can agree or disagree with whether sitting out is the way to go about things, but you can't agrue, in my opinion, that he is indeed being selfish.

Sitting out only helps his agent and last time I checked the agent won't be suiting-up come Sunday. He needs to remember, the agent works for HIM, not the other way around.Every day he misses creates more tension in the locker room come Sept. The LAST thing this team needs is more tension.

Taylorj99 you are on the right track, this is a defensive team first, that's how we win.
who is more valuable Ogun or Chambers.
Given the uncertainty at QB with AJ we all know Jay can't get it done we need a top defence, if AJ delivers then things change.

pigskinguy said:
So are you on the side that believes he is being selfish or that he is doing the right thing..........................................Or are you firmly on the fence. :D
I think he's being selfish, if the rumors that he is asking for 12-15 million dollar sb are true.

Back
Top Bottom