Ogunleye wants Taylor-like money | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye wants Taylor-like money

Yea....

The list of DE's that Jason Taylor is making rich continues to grow.

Trace Armstrong, Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Bromell, and now What's his name.

I'd give him about the same we did this year.:D

I don't think that he deserves Taylor money yet. Without Taylor getting doubled, Ogunleye wouldn't have the number of sacks that he has. Whenever Taylor beats his lineman, there is usually a RB/FB waiting to help block.

Originally posted by Sydor25
I don't think that he deserves Taylor money yet. Without Taylor getting doubled, Ogunleye wouldn't have the number of sacks that he has. Whenever Taylor beats his lineman, there is usually a RB/FB waiting to help block.

ALWAYS!

Not "usually":tongue:

Trade him for a first after this year. He's only a RFA so he can't get anything other than what we tender him at unless someone else gives him an offer we refuse to match. Then we'll get their first.

He was restricted this past year. Nobody wanted to offer him more than 375,000 :lol:

I think he's free to go next year.

At the rate we've been creating stars at the DE...........We'll make another that looks just like him.

Well, I've been watching Taylor struggle all year. Monday was the first game I got to attend and paid special attentiont to our DE's to see what was wrong with Taylor.

You know what?? The Chargers double-teamed Ogun more often than they doubled Taylor. Taylor often was being "chipped" by a RB/FB or TE on their way out into the flats, but Ogun was seeing TRUE double-teams and BEATING them. For whatever reason, whether its more focus on stopping screens and the running game or not, Taylor is not playing with the same intensity he did last year.

Teams are starting to notice O-gun is the one making plays and are directing more attention at him. Hopefully this will open up Taylor for more plays. But, all the... "It's only because JT is being double-teamed" comments are a little overblown. EARLY in the season Taylor was seeing double and triple teams, but lately defenses are singling up on him and he is still not making big plays. He is holding his own ESPECIALLY in the running game, but he is not giving the same pass-rush as he did last year.

O-gun is NOT another Mixon or Bromell... he is the real deal. But, I don't know if he will get the big contract THIS year. Miami will definitely tender him the 1st-round RFA tender, and any team that wishes to sign him will have to give us first-match rights and a first-round pick. I don't know if teams will be willing to do that. But, most likely SOMEONE will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD
He was restricted this past year. Nobody wanted to offer him more than 375,000 :lol:

I think he's free to go next year.

At the rate we've been creating stars at the DE...........We'll make another that looks just like him.

Actually he was an EXCLUSIVE-Rights free agent. Which meant he had to sign with us for that $375,000 or sit at home. He will be restricted THIS year. Likely getting the first-round tender. Which means any team that signs him to an offer sheet has to allow us to match.... or they get him and give up their first-round pick.

Grooves12, it is easier to beat a double team at the line than an O-line/RB(FB) double team. If the O-line doubles Ogunleye, he only has to get outside of one guy to beat the double, Taylor has to beat one guy with one move then try and beat another guy up field (who usually just takes out Taylor's legs).

Originally posted by grooves12
Well, I've been watching Taylor struggle all year. Monday was the first game I got to attend and paid special attentiont to our DE's to see what was wrong with Taylor.

You know what?? The Chargers double-teamed Ogun more often than they doubled Taylor. Taylor often was being "chipped" by a RB/FB or TE on their way out into the flats, but Ogun was seeing TRUE double-teams and BEATING them. For whatever reason, whether its more focus on stopping screens and the running game or not, Taylor is not playing with the same intensity he did last year.

Teams are starting to notice O-gun is the one making plays and are directing more attention at him. Hopefully this will open up Taylor for more plays. But, all the... "It's only because JT is being double-teamed" comments are a little overblown. EARLY in the season Taylor was seeing double and triple teams, but lately defenses are singling up on him and he is still not making big plays. He is holding his own ESPECIALLY in the running game, but he is not giving the same pass-rush as he did last year.

O-gun is NOT another Mixon or Bromell... he is the real deal. But, I don't know if he will get the big contract THIS year. Miami will definitely tender him the 1st-round RFA tender, and any team that wishes to sign him will have to give us first-match rights and a first-round pick. I don't know if teams will be willing to do that. But, most likely SOMEONE will.

You must have been watchin the wrong game because the one I was watchin JT was gettin Double-Teamed almost every play.

Did you guys see Taylor totally destroy that one screen pass play? Brees was about to throw the pass when he saw Taylor fronting Tomlinson. :lol: I was hoping he would throw it so that Taylor could run it back for 6. :D

Taylor is like Ricky. He is getting all the respect on his side of the ball. Teams gameplan to stop him and let others stop their O. Fortunately for us, the rest of the D us up to the task unlike our O. Hopefully the O will wake up and take after the D soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom