Oh no not a John Beck / Henne thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh no not a John Beck / Henne thread

Gruden couldn't stop gushing praise on beck as figured it out,
and says beck should be the starter over grossman

I dont recall him saying he should start over Grossman. Grossman clearly has been playing better than Beck. John Gruden praises everyone anyway. He really does a good job of selling the NFL.

Doubtful. I think it has to do with the fact that he sucked. I'm not seeing this anti-mormon resentment that you speak of lol, been watching too much Fox News?

No, I think you don't know the difference between legitimate scouting of a player and calling a player a loser. Guys like CK, Nublar etc break down a players' game and defend their resons for liking or not liking said player. Some of the more sophomoric posters just insult the player. Which are you? In the case of Beck, I can think of no reason why anyone would personally not like the guy. He's bright, hard working and conscientious. He's doesn't beat his wife, kill dogs, get arrested for DUI or test positive for banned substances. Any reasonable person would root for the guy to succeed.
BTW, I suspect you are the one obsessed with Fox news. In your simplistic instant analysis, you assume I watch too much Fox news simply because I'm conservative. I'm not even sure why you mentioned it.

It's laughable that they are going into the season with Beck or Grossman with the expectation to win. :lol:

Some will think the same way about the dolphins laughing we expect to win with henne..

Where's feelthepain to defend his boy?? Beck was good but Grossman was better.

---

Beck didn't get a chance here. His chance to play came on a 1-15 team, and it came late in the year when injuries had decimated the team even further. It was a horrendous situation for a young QB. And he wasn't Parcells' guy when he took over, so they got rid of him. It was way too early to have declared him a failure.

You can't use a 2nd round draft pick on guys that take 5 years just to reach the field.

I got bashed by WV and his gang for saying Beck wasn't as bad as what we are seeing because of what was around him. The same crew was doing the same to Henne. Hopefully both prove them wrong. I give John Beck credit, he could have pulled a Pat White and just quit when things didn't go his way. Now he is in contention to be a starter in the NFL. Not bad for a "scrub with no talent"!

Yeah I heard from that guy to. But, if you knew anything about John Beck, he is no Pat White. His DNA would not allow him to quit. Beck was destine to be a NFL starting QB, and it's not his fault he was rushed in the process. I dare anyone to go back in look at his senior year and tell me this guy didn't have Steve Young written all over him. It's no my fault the haters lack of patience make them terrible talent evaluators and poor forward thinking when it comes to judging quarterbacks. And remember how long it took Steve to finally get his shot. Long live John Beck. All the Haters will soon recognize.

Back
Top Bottom