Oh Nooooooo Miami's Not Going 16-0 Boooooohooooooo | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oh Nooooooo Miami's Not Going 16-0 Boooooohooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the “one play” botching the victory kneel down? What are you talking about? Each of the first 3 games ended with the ball in the dolphins possession.

If you really want to split hairs, I suppose every game of every sport has 1 pivotal point where it is either won or lost, so...

Today was absolutely heinous, potentially the worst performance I’ve ever seen, but don’t use that fact to rewrite history. There was a lot of good in those first games.
You’re absolutely in denial my friend.

Some of you guys need to get your priorities in order. Seriously.

Miami hasn't won in NE in 10 years yet you magically expected them to start 4-0 on the season?

Before the season started, if I asked you if you'd be happy with Miami going 3-1 in the first quarter of the season, you'd sign up then and there.

Now put your big boy pants on and move the **** on.

Maybe some do need to get their priorities in order? But maybe some do also in the reverse direction after the wins? Do you start threads then too, out of interest?

VIP poll had 53% thinking the Dolphins would win. Talk about delusional! You even point it out yourself. So people over-react both ways.

As someone else mentioned in this thread, the 3 wins ... a bounce of the ball in the other direction in each and every one of those games and we could have lost them. Whereas this one, we were completely and utterly outclassed. Losing in NE is not the issue. It's the manner of the loss.

It's the fact that after a week to prepare for what was basically the biggest game in a long time, and their chance to make a real statement ... the team was completely and utterly flat on every single facet of the game. That's just not acceptable, and that's on the HC down. Another slow start on offense, unable to get off the field on defense. Not able to convert a 3rd down, not able to stop one. Horrible play calling. Penalties. All the same issues - that's what has people worried.

You can hide some flaws against the poor / also-ran type teams. And that's what we've done this far this year. But now we're moving into a stretch of much tougher games, and we'll start to see what this team is really made of. The Cincy game is going to be huge, let's see a reaction.

I'm possibly going to pull some hair out though, if the offense comes out with the same unimaginative early drives as they've been doing routinely under Gase, because that will once again get us blown out. He needs to figure out a way to get this team going early, and in my opinion that will come from getting that OL blocking for the run game, somehow.

It's all well and good to be sanctimonious and come in and tell people to pull their big boy pants on, but you're avoiding the bigger picture in my opinion. There are huge, huge issues with this team and staff, and, while these were somewhat hidden with a few wins, they won't be papered over against the good teams.

It's 8-8 and another lost year. I really hope I'm wrong. At least there are causes for optimism, with the likes of Fitzpatrick and Howard.

You’re absolutely in denial my friend.

Okay, I’ll use facts to back up my position.

2 games ended with the opposing team kicking a desperation field goal and attempting an onside kick, if recovered would have needed a TD - to at the least tie the game. The 3rd game ended with a 5+ minute drive to run down the clock and kneel on it.

Average 25 points of offense, 17 points allowed (averaging a TD and 2pt conversion gap to tie) and a +4 turnover differential.

Barring a Minneapolis Miracle 2.0, These were not one play games.

Just embrace the fact that this team is (was, since I’m not arguing the horrific week 4 game) better than anyone gave them credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom