OK, fine....BEST MOMENTS! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK, fine....BEST MOMENTS!

MarksBrothers85

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OK, best moments since 1974 (not including the Super Bowl wins), and don't say there haven't been any, because there have!

1. "Spike" Game in 1994 vs Jets
2. 1982 AFC Championship vs Jets
3. 1986 MNF....45-3! vs Jets
4. 1995 Opener....52-14 vs Jets
5. 2002 BYE BYE Ricky vs Jets

....Do you see a pattern? ;)

Call me a self hating Dolphin, but the game in NJ that we lost 51-45 was the one that made me a football addict. Overtime, Marino lighting it up with Ken O'Brian looking like Joe Montana.

I was 11 years old at the time and will never forget that shootout, especially Wesley Walker making clutch catch after catch to put a dagger in Miami's heart..

the best moment was when bryan cox spit at the buffalo fans and flicked them off.. that was great.

In all honestly, its a no brainer. The best moment was the 1985 game against the Bears. No game can compare to the excitement of that moment.

It was a wildcard game in Miami vs. Kansas City...the Chiefs had the Nigerian Nightmare as their running back and we had Dan the Man!!!

Cheifs pretty much controlled most of that game...but it was the usual Marino come back at the end...I remember Marino throwing the "out pattern" to Clayton...what a strike!!!

The cb took a chance and went for the int...but Dan's pass was right on the money...Clayton made a really nice catch...and ran it in for a TD.

KC drove the ball and with seconds left on the clock...their kicker...Nick Lowery...I believe was his name...missed it.

I jumped up from the floor ran towards the door...busted up the screen door to get outside (and I have no clue why) my arm went threw the plexy glass (plastic window)...and once I got outside...i ran around my house...my neighbor Rich was outside and said...what happened... I said "the Dolphins won the Dolphins won"...what a rush!!!

Go Fins!!!

I was at that game.. Incredible game, I think we were down 16-3 in the 4th quarter

Originally posted by Bumrush
Call me a self hating Dolphin, but the game in NJ that we lost 51-45 was the one that made me a football addict. Overtime, Marino lighting it up with Ken O'Brian looking like Joe Montana.

I was 11 years old at the time and will never forget that shootout, especially Wesley Walker making clutch catch after catch to put a dagger in Miami's heart..
Even though it was a loss, it was still one heck of a game.

There have been lots, but I'll try to narrow it down to the top 5 I will savor:
September 2002: Ricky runs over the Jets to end the streak.
January 2000: Dan's last career win, over Seattle. What a great, tough game.
January 1999: Play-off win over Buffalo. This was my freshman year of college and there was an incredibly obnoxious Bills fan on my floor.
November 1994: Clock play against the Jets.
November 1993: Turkey Day Snow Bowl against the Cowgirls.

Bumrush...what year was that? That was in the yearly 90's right? Or was it 1990?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Bumrush...what year was that? That was in the yearly 90's right? Or was it 1990?

I know I'm not Bumrush, but I remember that game.....it was after the 1990 regular season, so either late December 1990 or early January 1991.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano

KC drove the ball and with seconds left on the clock...their kicker...Nick Lowery...I believe was his name...missed it.

If I remember correctly, Dave Szott took a penalty for a false start just prior to the kick, backing them up 5 yards. That 5 yards was the difference in this game.

One of my favorite moments, witnessed live that is, was my first trip to the Orange Bowl 0n 9/9/1984.

The Dolphins were driving on the Pats when Dan throws a backward pass to Crash Jensen, who in turn throws a 35 yard TD strike. Just a great play and the highlight of my first trip to Miami for a Phins game.

1985 MNF game against the Bears when the pass by Marino bounced off Mike Singletary's helmet and into Mark Duper's hands.
1994 Fake Spike against the Jets
1994 Season opener against the Pats---the 4th down TD pass to Irving Fryar.
1998 Playoff win over the Bills--Trace Armstrong's fumble-causing sack of Doug Flutie to end the game
2000 Playoff win over the Colts--I was there for this one---Lamar Smith's game winning OT run for a TD. The crowd went nuts...never seen anything like it.

Back
Top Bottom