ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV

Tuna, ever since the new rules were brought in regarding db's having 5 yards to get their hands on wideouts, its been a passing league. Sure, you still have to run the ball and be able to. But a good qb can sure cover up alot of blemishes. All we have to do is look at the best teams in the league year in and out and they all have good to great qb's. There may be exceptions here and there, but for the most part the successfull franchises have stability and good qb play. Any Dolphin fan whos been around since Marino retired has seen this up close and personal.

Tuna, ever since the new rules were brought in regarding db's having 5 yards to get their hands on wideouts, its been a passing league. Sure, you still have to run the ball and be able to. But a good qb can sure cover up alot of blemishes. All we have to do is look at the best teams in the league year in and out and they all have good to great qb's. There may be exceptions here and there, but for the most part the successfull franchises have stability and good qb play. Any Dolphin fan whos been around since Marino retired has seen this up close and personal.

Yet teams like the New York Jets were able to make the AFC Championship last year..
Sanchez was not very good last year, yet they still won.

Its not black and white..

Matt Schaub is a damn good qb whats his team doing?
David Gerrard is an under rated qb but still does not have to do much and his team is winning because they are running the ball.

The Five yard bump rule was adopted in the 1970's , So how that relates to Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer is beyond me..

so being mediocre is ok with you?

No it is not, nor did I ever say it was. It is just this team is not 1-15 or 3-13. Right now we are 7-7. We beat some good teams - Packers, Jets and we lost to some teams we should have beaten (Browns, Bills.) We are on the cusp. I guess it is how you look at things. I look at the roster we had after the 1-15 season and we were awful. We had years of draft picks not working. There were articles everywhere on how many draft picks we had that plain out missed. Plus all those second round picks we traded for Culpepper and Feely. We were a lucky play away from going 0-16. I am a realist and I look at the other franchises that have been so bad, and where they are now. Look at Detroit. They were 0-16, the 2-14, now they are 4-10. Sparano's biggest mistake was actually going 11-5. If they would have gone 4-12, then 7-9, everybody would be talking about the "dramatic improvement" instead they want to break it all apart. I just dont think you most "fans" realize how horrible our roster was and how much we have improved since then. We are not in a shambles. There is a pretty good foundation built here. It certainly could be futher along, but this team is a lot more solid than the Saban teams or obviously the Cam team. Mediocre is never ok, but neither are unrealistic expectations. We are just not as bad as some posters say, IMHO.

What I dont get is why some ppl think that having one player will change everything..Sadly it does not..Teams win games not one player.. Even the best players have bad games.. Tom Brady looked pretty mediocore in that super bowl a few years ago.. Dan Marino, Jim Kelly , Dan Fouts never won super bowls..They were all franchise qbs. Phil Simms, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer all won superbowls neither of which could hold the other 3 jocks IMO..

Football is not black and white..many shades of grey..Many ways to win. Many ways to lose.

If teams and others knew Matt Ryan was the best player and could solve all your problems every team would have been calling Miami for the #1 pick. Rams would have taken him #2.. Vikings could have moved up and tried to get him..The fact is no one knows how good a player is going to be..Too many varibles involved..Every year there are sure things and they bust.

One player absolutely CAN change everything... but ONLY if it's the quarterback. Hell, I can't believe people still think the way you do, to be quite honest...

The only reason Miami was a consistent contender for almost 20 years was because of Marino and nothing else... Miami at least WENT to a superbowl with Marino and not much else around him..

Miami had MUCH better teams under Wanny and couldn't win sh*t because they didn't have a quarterback...

Tom Brady didn't look average in that superbowl agains the Giants if you WATCHED the game.. he was getting absolutely destroyed by the Giants pass rush, yet still never turned the ball over not ONCE, and passed for over 250 yards, and drove the team down the field for the go ahead touchdown... only to see his defense give up a miracle play...

Jim Kelly is the main reason the Bills even went to 4 consecutive superbowls... if it wasn't for the kicker he would've had a superbowl ring... see how that works?

The Ravens and Bucs were able to win superbowls as soon as they got a legitimate QB, but couldn't win one with the best defenses in the league and NO quarterback...

The reason the Patriots and Colts are contenders for the superbowl every year is because of one thing... the quarterbacks.

Look at the Cardinals.. superbowl team with Kurt Warner, garbage without him. You don't think a franchise QB makes ALL the difference? That's just ignorant...

You don't think Drew Brees makes all the difference for the Saints? Ignorant...

The Rams already had a quarterback making pro bowls, passing for 4,000+ yards, and a 3 to 1 TD/INT ratio... you didn't see them passing up Sam Bradford with the #1 overall pick after he was gone did you?

Teams weren't offering to trade up to the #1 spot for Jake Long either were they? Teams weren't beating the door down of the Colt's war room to trade up for Peyton Manning either? How'd that turn out?

You can be blind to it all you want, but the results are going to keep bearing out what the truth is every. Single. Year.

You don't EVER pass up the franchise quarterback unless you already have one, it doesn't matter what else you have higher on your board...

One player made all the difference for the Atlanta Falcons...the quarterback. Matt Ryan. If you'll get your nose out of Jake Long and this front offices a** crack for a second and look around the NFL, you'll realize it.

Look at your team for f*ck's sake... you don't think Pennington made all the difference in '08?

It's not even up for debate... this is reality. For once in your life get a f*cking clue already..

Slimm, Warner leaving Arizona definitely made them worse off, but to say it made "ALL" the difference is ignorant. Losing a star receiver(Boldin) star linebacker(Dansby) and their pretty damn good safety all in one year had nothing at all to do with their bad record then? I'm all for getting our franchise QB but think dude.

Ryan is a Falcon. Bye to that idea. And some of you seem to have evaluated why Ryan was going to be a franchise QB. That energy should go to a realistic solution such as evaluating Mallett, Locker, or even Cam and why they will or won't be franchise QBs. My bad if you have already done that.

Slimm, Warner leaving Arizona definitely made them worse off, but to say it made "ALL" the difference is ignorant. Losing a star receiver(Boldin) star linebacker(Dansby) and their pretty damn good safety all in one year had nothing at all to do with their bad record then? I'm all for getting our franchise QB but think dude.

Ryan is a Falcon. Bye to that idea. And some of you seem to have evaluated why Ryan was going to be a franchise QB. That energy should go to a realistic solution such as evaluating Mallett, Locker, or even Cam and why they will or won't be franchise QBs. My bad if you have already done that.

Stop chasing down Matt Ryan threads that you're "not interested in" and go read some in the draft forum where we BREAK DOWN DRAFT PROSPECTS and you could avoid typing all this nonsense...

Losing Kurt Warner is THE reason why the Cardinals went from contender to pretender... they'd be the same team with Dansby and Boldin they are now without a quarterback... just like Miami is.

For the last time, if you're not interested in talking about Matt Ryan, then stay the f*ck out of the threads...

The Cardinals offense still has talented receivers in Fitz, Doucet and Breaston. Boldin was injury prone while at Arizona and their offense over the past 2/3 season was well able to produce when he was not there. Hell, take a look at when they made the Superbowl, do not not remember Boldin and Todd Haley arguing on the sidelines during the NFC Championship game because Boldin was angry he was not be used?

Their offensive struggles this season has ALL been because Warner left. Have you not seen Derek Anderson play for them?????

Stop chasing down Matt Ryan threads that you're "not interested in" and go read some in the draft forum where we BREAK DOWN DRAFT PROSPECTS and you could avoid typing all this nonsense...

Losing Kurt Warner is THE reason why the Cardinals went from contender to pretender... they'd be the same team with Dansby and Boldin they are now without a quarterback... just like Miami is.

For the last time, if you're not interested in talking about Matt Ryan, then stay the f*ck out of the threads...

So Miami would be the same without Dansby, Bell and Marshall/ or Bess? Youre posts are stupid and your obsession with Matt Ryan is weird. I"ll leave you here to SWING ON HIS SACK.

So Miami would be the same without Dansby, Bell and Marshall/ or Bess? Youre posts are stupid and your obsession with Matt Ryan is weird. I"ll leave you here to SWING ON HIS SACK.

Your obsession with what other people are talking about is weird...

In case nobody has informed you yet.... you don't get to decide what other people talk about. Either contribute to the discussion, or stay the f*ck out of the threads... it's that simple.

Anyone that enjoys watching good quarterback play, obviously has to go watch it somewhere else... because it damn sure ain't going to happen watching Miami...

Miami would be the same team WITH Dansby, Marshall, Bess and Bell and no quarterback... as they would be WITHOUT Dansby, Marshall, Bess, and Bell and no quarterback... either way they're not going to win anything, or be a contender.

What kind of team was Arizona with Dansby and Boldin BEFORE they acquired Kurt Warner? What the f*ck were they contending for, and what the f*ck were they going to win?

Now, what kind of team were they when they had Kurt Warner? They were playing in the g** damn superbowl you clueless little bumpa**... THAT'S what...

What kind of team are they AGAIN now without him?

Maybe Santa Clause will leave you a f*cking clue under the tree this year... Happy Holidays.

Your obsession with what other people are talking about is weird...

In case nobody has informed you yet.... you don't get to decide what other people talk about. Either contribute to the discussion, or stay the f*ck out of the threads... it's that simple.

Anyone that enjoys watching good quarterback play, obviously has to go watch it somewhere else... because it damn sure ain't going to happen watching Miami...

Miami would be the same team WITH Dansby, Marshall, Bess and Bell and no quarterback... as they would be WITHOUT Dansby, Marshall, Bess, and Bell and no quarterback... either way they're not going to win anything, or be a contender.

What kind of team was Arizona with Dansby and Boldin BEFORE they acquired Kurt Warner? What the f*ck were they contending for, and what the f*ck were they going to win?

Now, what kind of team were they when they had Kurt Warner? They were playing in the g** damn superbowl you clueless little bumpa**... THAT'S what...

What kind of team are they AGAIN now without him?

Maybe Santa Clause will leave you a f*cking clue under the tree this year... Happy Holidays.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This regime had a simple choice in the 2008 draft-- take a QB at the top of the first round and a tackle later in the draft, or take a tackle at the top of the first round and a QB later in the draft. It was a gamble either way. Guess what? They lost. Their gambit failed. Yes, they have a great tackle, but they have NOBODY at QB, a much more important position. It's perfectly legitimate to criticize them for this. And it's also perfectly legitimate to observe that a regime that made such a bad choice is going to keep making bad choices that hinder this team's development.

On the plus side, the longer we keep Tony and Co. around, the more likely it will be that we'll once again be drafting at the top of the first round . . . again.

Back
Top Bottom