ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV

David Carr threw 46 TD's and LESS than 10 INT's his senior year... obviously he didn't throw too many interceptions.. what happened?

People don't watch f*cking football games is what happened... they only look at stats.

There's never been a young quarterback come into the league and have to be subjected to the beatings Carr took behind that offensive line in Houston for YEARS...

Jimmy Clausen has more CLUTCH in his gut than Chad Henne ever had... In fact, I'd trade Chad Henne to Carolina right now straight up for Clausen, and LOVE the results in the long run... I guarantee you I will..

BTW, I remember Mel Kiper calling out the Colts for not taking Trent Dilfer. There was a big argument by "the experts" between Ryan Leaf & Peyton Manning. And those experts all thought, they were both just as good. I cannot be upset with the FO for taking a Future HOF #1. Would it be great to have Matt Ryan, absolutely, but we could have also picked Chris Long, or Vernon Gholsten, so to continually whine that we missed on Matt Ryan is old and childish.

Did I attack you in any way? DId I say anything personally about you? No. Did I say all Fins players are great? No. Why the anger on your part, eat a lot of lead paint as a child?

I have been following the draft for probably longer than you have been alive. I remember cutting class to watch the draft on a new channel called ESPN, when I was in high school. So get over yourself. I was not saying you were the expert, because I dont think sitting in your mothers basement writing about the draft makes you an expert. All I have been saying is that the real experts (the ones that get paid) are wrong lots of times. If it makes you feel better that you can brag about Matty Ice to all your imaginary friends, great more power to you. I am just tired of hearing the same ridiculous argument over and over again.

Cutting class and "watching" the draft isn't knowing anything about how to evaluate a football player...

You would've been better off staying in class...

This Matt Ryan stuff is pointless and misguided. With all the (ridiculous) Monday morning QB stuff aside...

he would have: No left tackle, no Michael Turner (1700yds?), no Roddy White, no Tony Gonzales. He would have Henning and a tougher division (where 2nd place--and wildcards even--are MUCH harder).

These threads/posts need to stop.

were we planning on playing with 10 guys on offense? last i checked Vernon Carey didnt exactly have a terrible season at Left Tackle the year before....so that argument makes NO sense...especially considering im pretty positive he would have been an upgrade over the falcons ROOKIE LEFT TACKLE that year....so thats garbage.....and yeah ur right he wouldnt have have michael turner....hed of had ronnie brown AND ricky williams - TWO PROBOWL BACKS.....why couldnt he have had Gonzalez??? last i checked kansas city wasnt willing to ONLY deal exclusively with the falcons in a trade..

sorry i fail to see any point to the post.

BTW, I remember Mel Kiper calling out the Colts for not taking Trent Dilfer. There was a big argument by "the experts" between Ryan Leaf & Peyton Manning. And those experts all thought, they were both just as good. I cannot be upset with the FO for taking a Future HOF #1. Would it be great to have Matt Ryan, absolutely, but we could have also picked Chris Long, or Vernon Gholsten, so to continually whine that we missed on Matt Ryan is old and childish.

Passing on DE's isn't the same as passing on a franchise quarterback... that's what you don't get.

When you're picking #1 overall in the draft, it ain't because you don't have a defensive end...

Lot of hindsight in this thread. Matt Ryan will never be a Dolphin. Never. Get over it. 3 years later and people are still dwelling on it. There's no point. You're simply wasting your time thinking of what could have been.

so thats the defense then? the draft is a crapshoot? so you would rather "lock in" a LT and then roll the dice in the 2nd on Henne? so based on what you just said, this regime felt Chad Henne could do for them what Matt Ryan could do. gove them the best chance to win. clearly they were wrong. Im blown away that people on this site who watched Dan marino and have watched this franchise slosh around in the toilet bowl since, can try and present these arguments.

the sad thing here is that is EXACTLY what this front office thought.....that Henne was close enough to Ryan that he could do exactly that....i guess they forgot the most important thing of all....the one thing that defines all of the great ones...his INTANGIBLES which Matt Ryan had in spades.....and of which Henne had NONE 1-7 vs ohio st and in bowl games

Passing on DE's isn't the same as passing on a franchise quarterback... that's what you don't get.

When you're picking #1 overall in the draft, it ain't because you don't have a defensive end...

No I get it, what I am saying is that he was not the consensus #1 Franchise QB that you make him out to be. You may have thought that, and goody for you, but unless you have a time machine why is it a subject on FINHEAVEN.

Crazy we could have had Rex and Matt Ryan..No relation of course...

Things happen for a reason..maybe god hates the Dolphins.

No I get it, what I am saying is that he was not the consensus #1 Franchise QB that you make him out to be. You may have thought that, and goody for you, but unless you have a time machine why is it a subject on FINHEAVEN.

The subject is less about Matt Ryan specifically, and more about this front office, and their philosophy of rebuilding a 1-15 football team that didn't have a quarterback, but had the best one to come in quite a while staring them in the face...

I don't ever remember a consensus #1 quarterback... the point is Matt Ryan had everything that makes up a franchise quarterback, whether everyone on the face of the planet, including all the talking heads agreed or not...

A front office that's in charge of running a football should know... that's why the Falcons didn't hesitate... and the Baltimore Ravens were offering everything short of their team colors to trade up in front of Atlanta in the #2 overall slot to GET HIM...

STill, wow. You guys whine more than a B****. He's not a dolphin. Get the F*** over it and move foward.

The subject is less about Matt Ryan specifically, and more about this front office, and their philosophy of rebuilding a 1-15 football team that didn't have a quarterback, but had the best one to come in quite a while staring them in the face...

I don't ever remember a consensus #1 quarterback... the point is Matt Ryan had everything that makes up a franchise quarterback, whether everyone on the face of the planet, including all the talking heads agreed or not...

A front office that's in charge of running a football should know... that's why the Falcons didn't hesitate... and the Baltimore Ravens were offering everything short of their team colors to trade up in front of Atlanta in the #2 overall slot to GET HIM...

Tell me why the Dolphins didnt trade back than? Was there a reason why Miami was not trying to trade down?

Tell me why the Dolphins didnt trade back than? Was there a reason why Miami was not trying to trade down?

Miami had already signed Jake Long as the #1 overall pick days before the draft even took place... there was nothing to trade...

Back
Top Bottom