ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ok now im sick...there is a special on Matt Ryan on TV

You have to stop reading this garbage... seriously. Listen to his OWN HEAD COACH talk, and listen to the interviews where coach Jags specifically says that he INSTRUCTED Matt Ryan to take chances and force the ball, he wasn't stupid... He knew Matt Ryan was going to make the throw and thread the needle into that double coverage a lot more often than he was going to miss...

Which was BC's only shot at winning... he was playing with complete scrubs and walk-on's all around him at the skill positions...

19 INT's in 654 f*cking attempts isn't interception prone... most QB's are only attempting HALF that many throws... which puts his INT ratio right there with any top QB prospect that's ever come out...

Since you're at it, post all the knocks on Jake Long too... where he was "best suited at right tackle"... etc...

These morons misevaluated Matt Ryan... and that's the bottom line. You're going to suffer the consequences of it as a fan... THEY'RE going to suffer the consequences of it as a front office... and Jake Long is going to suffer the consequences because he's stuck with Chad Henne again...

You are right, there are knocks on every player, and Long had them. Instead of continuely slamiing the FO for not taking Ryan, how about commending our FO, evaluating Long and taking the chance they he would develope into a left tackle. Just so happens, the best in the game. I dont remember everyone screaming for Matt Ryan 2 years ago, do you know why? Because he wasn't this sure fire franchise QB all the Matty Ice lovers on here want to make him out to be. It is just another way for the bitchers to ***** - that's all. The same experts who loved Matt Ryan also loved Brady Quinn, and people on here bitched we didn't take Quinn, until the watched him play in the NFL, then they slowly stopped with those posts, and the experts conveniently forgot that they blasted Miami for not taking Quinn. Go through the history of the Draft and you will see more names you do not reckognize than the names you do. That is the NFL. Get over it.

commend the FO for taking Long over Ryan? I love Long , but wont do that. Slimm told anyone who would listen prior to the draft Ryan was the goods. His point regarding the int's is bang on, based on the attempts. The FO swung and missed, and they will never be forgiven for that. Not when this franchise has been looking since Marino for a qb. Commend them? lol

This Matt Ryan stuff is pointless and misguided. With all the (ridiculous) Monday morning QB stuff aside...

he would have: No left tackle, no Michael Turner (1700yds?), no Roddy White, no Tony Gonzales. He would have Henning and a tougher division (where 2nd place is MUCH harder).

These threads/posts need to stop.

so using that logic, teams with holes on offense should pass up franchise qb's?

Ive heard a few Bills fans' say that they would be happy passing on Luck, as they believe Fitzpatrick is the guy.

You agree?

I think the Bills can win with Fitz.

And I also think you give Fitz a top 15 defense and improvement in Run blocking on the Oline he can take this team to the Playoffs....

But I do not agree with Fitz being a Franchise QB. And it has always been my Thinking you do not pass on a franchise QB (LUCK IMO will be the only Franchise cant miss QB in the draft)...

Now that said do him like GB did with Rogers. Let Fitz play in 2011 and even 2012 uand Insert your Franchise QB

You are right, there are knocks on every player, and Long had them. Instead of continuely slamiing the FO for not taking Ryan, how about commending our FO, evaluating Long and taking the chance they he would develope into a left tackle. Just so happens, the best in the game. I dont remember everyone screaming for Matt Ryan 2 years ago, do you know why? Because he wasn't this sure fire franchise QB all the Matty Ice lovers on here want to make him out to be. It is just another way for the bitchers to ***** - that's all. The same experts who loved Matt Ryan also loved Brady Quinn, and people on here bitched we didn't take Quinn, until the watched him play in the NFL, then they slowly stopped with those posts, and the experts conveniently forgot that they blasted Miami for not taking Quinn. Go through the history of the Draft and you will see more names you do not reckognize than the names you do. That is the NFL. Get over it.

Would you like for me to take you STRAIGHT to the DATED posts on another site where I said Matt Ryan was going to turn out EXACTLY how he has thusfar.... DATED posts in September of '07... 6 months before the draft even took place?

While we're there, I'll also show you DATED posts where I said Brady Quinn was going to bust, and Miami should pass on him and select Patrick Willis...

You don't know jacksh*t about the draft.... the only thing you ever "know" is that all Miami's players are great, and there are no problems from the front office all the way down to the equipment manager...

They don't get credit for hitting on a left tackle at the expense of passing up the best shot at a franchise quarterback this team has had in decades...

If you can't see the reason why then you're either a flat out idiot, or just pretend to be one..

so using that logic, teams with holes on offense should pass up franchise qb's?

If you, based on your evaluations, want another QB in that same draft and believe you can lock in a LT and a QB, then yes. It's easy to call Ryan a franchise QB now; but then, it was far from a sure thing--like all prospects.

If you, based on your evaluations, want another QB in that same draft and believe you can lock in a LT and a QB, then yes. It's easy to call Ryan a franchise QB now; but then, it was far from a sure thing--like all prospects.

so thats the defense then? the draft is a crapshoot? so you would rather "lock in" a LT and then roll the dice in the 2nd on Henne? so based on what you just said, this regime felt Chad Henne could do for them what Matt Ryan could do. gove them the best chance to win. clearly they were wrong. Im blown away that people on this site who watched Dan marino and have watched this franchise slosh around in the toilet bowl since, can try and present these arguments.

Mayock is on NFL Network right now calling out Bill Parcells. right freakin now. He just said what I thought. He back then said Matt Ryan was the pick for Miami.

Clausen isn't a franchise QB, though. He sucks.

Neither are David Carr nor Joey Harrington, taken 1and 3 in between Carolina drafting Julius Peppers in 02. Do you think they regretted not taking Harrington instead... or having the opportunity to draft Carr? 21 other GMs aside from Saban and Gruden (supposedly a QB savant) whiffed on Aaron Rodgers, who like Ryan was rated highly going in, a top 1-8 pick on most draft boards and the best QB in the draft by 2 respected gurus, Mayock and Gosselin. Don't you wish they could take that back?

Point is, you can be the preemptive QB in a draft, but still not a Peyton Manning, or apparently Andrew Luck type "sure thing." The title "franchise QB" is always easy to bestow when looking through the rear view mirror which makes you look like a genius if you guess right with a Ryan, Rivers, or even a Josh Freeman... but a moron if you pass on a Rodgers or take a Carr, Harrington or either of the A.Smiths.

Mayock is on NFL Network right now calling out Bill Parcells. right freakin now. He just said what I thought. He back then said Matt Ryan was the pick for Miami.

He never called out Saban though when he rated Rodgers a top 5 pick and a better QB than Alex Smith, did he?

Yeah, Steve Smith is high school talent. So is his RB, Deangelo Williams. 5.0ypc is a high school average, man.

Yeah, a 32 year old receiver with 500 yards receiving isnt quite elite. Did you seriously name a running back? Lol. Yeah, Clausen sucks at those screens and hand offs, man.

He never called out Saban though when he rated Rodgers a top 5 pick and a better QB than Alex Smith, did he?

I dont follow everything he says so have no idea tbh. I do know this regime has set this franchise back another 5-7 years though.

Would you like for me to take you STRAIGHT to the DATED posts on another site where I said Matt Ryan was going to turn out EXACTLY how he has thusfar.... DATED posts in September of '07... 6 months before the draft even took place?

While we're there, I'll also show you DATED posts where I said Brady Quinn was going to bust, and Miami should pass on him and select Patrick Willis...

You don't know jacksh*t about the draft.... the only thing you ever "know" is that all Miami's players are great, and there are no problems from the front office all the way down to the equipment manager...

They don't get credit for hitting on a left tackle at the expense of passing up the best shot at a franchise quarterback this team has had in decades...

If you can't see the reason why then you're either a flat out idiot, or just pretend to be one..

Did I attack you in any way? DId I say anything personally about you? No. Did I say all Fins players are great? No. Why the anger on your part, eat a lot of lead paint as a child?

I have been following the draft for probably longer than you have been alive. I remember cutting class to watch the draft on a new channel called ESPN, when I was in high school. So get over yourself. I was not saying you were the expert, because I dont think sitting in your mothers basement writing about the draft makes you an expert. All I have been saying is that the real experts (the ones that get paid) are wrong lots of times. If it makes you feel better that you can brag about Matty Ice to all your imaginary friends, great more power to you. I am just tired of hearing the same ridiculous argument over and over again.

so thats the defense then? the draft is a crapshoot? so you would rather "lock in" a LT and then roll the dice in the 2nd on Henne? so based on what you just said, this regime felt Chad Henne could do for them what Matt Ryan could do. gove them the best chance to win. clearly they were wrong. Im blown away that people on this site who watched Dan marino and have watched this franchise slosh around in the toilet bowl since, can try and present these arguments.

A front office was wrong about a player?! How could that happen?!

Not once in my original post did I say or imply that a FO should pass on a franchise QB.

You're assuming that our FO saw Matt Ryan as a franchise QB coming out of college. How do you know this? We picked a QB we liked in the 2nd round after solidifying our LT position for the next 12 years. You're assuming that we knew we were letting a franchise QB go by.

Maybe you should lend our office your crystal ball.

Back
Top Bottom