Ok, please STOP IT on the "let Jake Long walk" nuttery... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok, please STOP IT on the "let Jake Long walk" nuttery...

Without any cap casualties here are some FA Tackles. Some are LT's in which Martin could stay at RT or some are RT's that would allow Martin to continue his development as a LT. All of these would be cheaper alternatives than tagging or signing Long.

LT: Brandon Albert, Jermon Bushrod, Wil Svitek, Sam Baker
RT: Sebastian Volmer, Andre Smith

By the way, it is completely laughable when you mention the Fins "wasting" a 2nd rounder on another lineman...your alternative is to waste 15 million on a banged up, shell of himself tackle.

Without any cap casualties here are some FA Tackles. Some are LT's in which Martin could stay at RT or some are RT's that would allow Martin to continue his development as a LT. All of these would be cheaper alternatives than tagging or signing Long.

LT: Brandon Albert, Jermon Bushrod, Wil Svitek, Sam Baker
RT: Sebastian Volmer, Andre Smith

By the way, it is completely laughable when you mention the Fins "wasting" a 2nd rounder on another lineman...your alternative is to waste 15 million on a banged up, shell of himself tackle.

Exactly.

Here is a list of available OT free agents (some may have been resigned already, but I'm not going to do THAT much research):

D’Anthony Batiste – ARI
Pat McQuistan – ARI
Sam Baker – ATL
Will Svitek – ATL
Ramon Harewood – BAL – (RFA)
Bryant McKinnie – BAL
Colin Brown – BUF – (RFA)
Jeremy Bridges – CAR
Patrick Mannelly – CHI
Jonathan Scott – CHI
Dennis Roland – CIN
Andre Smith – CIN
Chris Clark – DEN – (RFA)
Ryan Clady – DEN
Jason Fox – DET – (RFA)
Gosder Cherilus – DET
Corey Hilliard – DET
Andrew Gardner – HOU – (RFA)
Rashad Butler – HOU
Ryan Harris – HOU
Jeff Linkenbach – IND – (RFA)
Winston Justice – IND
Eben Britton – JAC
Branden Albert – KC
Jake Long – MIA
Phil Loadholt – MIN
Geoff Schwartz – MIN
Sebastian Vollmer – NE
Jermon Bushrod – NO
Will Beatty – NYG
Sean Locklear – NYG
Austin Howard – NYJ – (RFA)
Jason Smith – NYJ
Zach Hurd – OAK – (Ex)
Khalif Barnes – OAK
King Dunlap – PHI
Max Starks – PIT
Frank Omiyale – SEA
Barry Richardson – STL
Robert Turner – STL
Jeremy Trueblood – TB
Jordan Black – WAS
Tyler Polumbus – WAS

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/

You're telling me not one of them is at least a decent LT, or even better, RT? Bull****. Hell, We have a "middle of the road" FA tackle on our roster that we can resign to an average "middle of the road" tackle salary: Jake Long.

Half of them are better than Long anyways.
Here is a list of available OT free agents (some may have been resigned already, but I'm not going to do THAT much research):

D’Anthony Batiste – ARI
Pat McQuistan – ARI
Sam Baker – ATL
Will Svitek – ATL
Bryant McKinnie – BAL
Jeremy Bridges – CAR
Patrick Mannelly – CHI
Jonathan Scott – CHI
Dennis Roland – CIN
Andre Smith – CIN
Ryan Clady – DEN
Jason Fox – DET – (RFA)
Gosder Cherilus – DET
Corey Hilliard – DET
Rashad Butler – HOU
Ryan Harris – HOU
Winston Justice – IND
Eben Britton – JAC
Branden Albert – KC
Jake Long – MIA
Phil Loadholt – MIN
Geoff Schwartz – MIN
Sebastian Vollmer – NE
Jermon Bushrod – NO
Will Beatty – NYG
Sean Locklear – NYG
Jason Smith – NYJ
Zach Hurd – OAK – (Ex)
Khalif Barnes – OAK
King Dunlap – PHI
Max Starks – PIT
Frank Omiyale – SEA
Barry Richardson – STL
Robert Turner – STL
Jeremy Trueblood – TB
Jordan Black – WAS
Tyler Polumbus – WAS

You're telling me not one of them is at least a decent LT, or even better, RT? Bull****. Hell, We have a "middle of the road" FA tackle on our roster that we can resign to an average "middle of the road" tackle salary: Jake Long.

Personally I think he had the torn tricep all year, which was contributing for his poor play, and he "reported" it just as soon as he realized the season was over, which was right at the point in the New England game when he (and we) knew we weren't going to win it.

D’Anthony Batiste – ARI
Pat McQuistan – ARI
Sam Baker – ATL
Will Svitek – ATL
Bryant McKinnie – BAL
Jeremy Bridges – CAR
Patrick Mannelly – CHI
Jonathan Scott – CHI
Dennis Roland – CIN
Andre Smith – CIN
Ryan Clady – DEN
Jason Fox – DET – (RFA)
Gosder Cherilus – DET
Corey Hilliard – DET
Rashad Butler – HOU
Ryan Harris – HOU
Winston Justice – IND
Eben Britton – JAC
Branden Albert – KC
Jake Long – MIA
Phil Loadholt – MIN
Geoff Schwartz – MIN
Sebastian Vollmer – NE
Jermon Bushrod – NO
Will Beatty – NYG
Sean Locklear – NYG
Jason Smith – NYJ
Zach Hurd – OAK – (Ex)
Khalif Barnes – OAK
King Dunlap – PHI
Max Starks – PIT
Frank Omiyale – SEA
Barry Richardson – STL
Robert Turner – STL
Jeremy Trueblood – TB
Jordan Black – WAS
Tyler Polumbus – WAS

None of the those that are any good will be available. I'll keep Long over those bums. And Martin is currently getting b! Tch slapped and owned right this minute.

None of the those that are any good will be available. I'll keep Long over those bums. And Martin is currently getting b! Tch slapped and owned right this minute.

Martin has given up ONE sack, bro

Martin is doing no worse than Long would. And he's making about $10 million a season more than Martin.

Derp. The kid has allowed ONE sack by THE top DE in the league. How have all those first round picks done against Wake today?

As for the list, I answer the question you've been asking multiple times throughout this thread and all you can come up with is "none of those that are any good will be available?" Of course they won't, because Miami will sign one of them to play RT while some desperate chump team like AZ will blow a ton of salary cap on Jake Wrong.

Martin gave up a couple of sacks, which is about what I would have expected Long to give up today. I won't miss Jake's salary. Cya.

Martin has given up ONE sack, bro

And was manhandled many other times on top of false start. He belongs on the right side with Long at LT.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Derp. The kid has allowed ONE sack by THE top DE in the league. How have all those first round picks done against Wake today?

As for the list, I answer the question you've been asking multiple times throughout this thread and all you can come up with is "none of those that are any good will be available?" Of course they won't, because Miami will sign one of them to play RT while some desperate chump team like AZ will blow a ton of salary cap on Jake Wrong.

You thinking that any of Albert or any other LT of note is going to be available is "derp". Derp.

And still the lack of comprehension of the fact that the point is to push the creation of a hole at LT to 2014, should Long "truly suck" as some are exagerating so much...

And was manhandled many other times on top of false start. He belongs on the right side with Long at LT.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

You thinking that any of Albert or any other LT of note is going to be available is "derp". Derp.

You're telling me none of the decent tackles on that list are going to be available? B.S. And plenty of them can stay on the field, unlike your boy Jake "IR" Long, and for a good amount cheaper. Lucky for us, we may actually be able to resign Long on the cheap. Gotta throw his complete inability to stay healthy back in his face, though we need to be careful with that because he might sprain his wrist signing the average contract and head back to his ever-warm spot on IR. Either way, we're gonna need to sign one of those players or draft one mid round to back up and evenually replace his injury-prone ass at RT. ;)

Also, your agenda is showing when you call out Martin for a false start. Martin played fine against the best DE in the league. He did nothing to warrant overpaying for an overrated, injury-prone waste of a 1st overall pick.

You're telling me none of the decent tackles on that list are going to be available? B.S. And plenty of them can stay on the field, unlike your boy Jake "IR" Long, and for a good amount cheaper. Lucky for us, we may actually be able to resign Long on the cheap. Gotta throw his complete inability to stay healthy back in his face, though we need to be careful with that because he might sprain his wrist signing the average contract and head back to his ever-warm spot on IR. Either way, we're gonna need to sign one of those players or draft one mid round to back up and evenually replace his injury-prone ass at RT. ;)

Also, your agenda is showing when you call out Martin for a false start. Martin played fine against the best DE in the league. He did nothing to warrant overpaying for an overrated, injury-prone waste of a 1st overall pick.

No agenda, Gonzo. I love Martin. I'm just making the same point that the overexagerated hatorade that is being spewed toward Long is being done. I root for Martin. I root for Long. But my point is to push Long's departure over to 2014 as to not create a "dire need to fill early" in the draft or FA. Is the tag costly? Sure. Can we afford it this year? Yep. If he Pro Bowls it, nice. If he sucks or gets injured again? He's off the books in 2014. Simple as that. And no, I do not expect Albert or any of the "good" LTs to be let walk, no.

No agenda, Gonzo. I love Martin. I'm just making the same point that the overexagerated hatorade that is being spewed toward Long is being done. I root for Martin. I root for Long. But my point is to push Long's departure over to 2014 as to not create a "dire need to fill early" in the draft or FA. Is the tag costly? Sure. Can we afford it this year? Yep. If he Pro Bowls it, nice. If he sucks or gets injured again? He's off the books in 2014. Simple as that. And no, I do not expect Albert or any of the "good" LTs to be let walk, no.

Ed, I defend Long about as much as you, but you have to understand that this ZBS requires a certain type of lineman and giving 10% of the cap to a lineman that doesn't really fit that scheme isn't a very smart move, especially on a team that needs to find some playmakers this offseason. Jonathan Martin is the future LT of this team. He needs to get stronger but he fits the type of LT that will be successful in this system. Miami may have to look into FA for a RT and address the guards in the draft . . . but unless Jake really gives the Fins a hometown discount . . . I don't think it's a move that has the best longterm interest of the team. Remember, Jake has been on the decline and unless I'm getting a guarantee that Jake will return to form and be fully healthy it Is really hard to cosign bringing him back at the ridiculous high number that is constantly being thrown around.

Did you see who he was playing against... I dont think you did.

Truth be told, he did a very respectable job against arguably the leagues best pass rusher...

Also truth be told, Long wouldnt have done a better job.

And still the lack of comprehension of the fact that the point is to push the creation of a hole at LT to 2014, should Long "truly suck" as some are exagerating so much...

Back
Top Bottom