Okay everybody | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okay everybody

Originally posted by njfinfan
weigh in. I don't love, nor do I hate Jay Fiedler. But I'm watching the Dallas game from 03 right now and I have to ask myself and everyone else. What makes him so inconsistent? He was brilliant in the first half 14 of 17 for 186 yards.

Why can't he play this way all the time? I know that everyone can't play perfectly all the time, but this is really bothering me. Our QB stepped up - our OL stepped up.

What gives? Opinions?

It's simple. The hallmark of a poor QB is inconsistency and unreliability. Yeah, he had the one game, so what. You follow any QB in the league for one season and odds our there will be 1 outstanding game. You know the saying about the blind squirrel finding the acorn.

So the simple answer to your question of why he can't play like that everytime is--are you ready--he isn't very good.

Re: Re: Okay everybody

Originally posted by phinman1

It's simple. The hallmark of a poor QB is inconsistency and unreliability. Yeah, he had the one game, so what. You follow any QB in the league for one season and odds our there will be 1 outstanding game. You know the saying about the blind squirrel finding the acorn.

So the simple answer to your question of why he can't play like that everytime is--are you ready--he isn't very good.

I agree. You can pick this apart until the cows come home, but when you look at the bottom line....it a a simple point that he has pretty much given all that he has got.

Quote:
Originally posted by inFINSible
You guys that have that game.....See what you can scout on Larry Allen....just a thought...

Originally posted by Dolfan954

What game?

weigh in. I don't love, nor do I hate Jay Fiedler. But I'm watching the Dallas game from 03 right now and I have to ask myself and everyone else. What makes him so inconsistent? He was brilliant in the first half 14 of 17 for 186 yards.

Why can't he play this way all the time? I know that everyone can't play perfectly all the time, but this is really bothering me. Our QB stepped up - our OL stepped up.

What gives? Opinions?
:D

What gives? Opinions?

Jay's a good QB, but he has never had a good WR corps to rely on while in Miami. When he was with the Jags he looked GREAT because he had TWO of the BEST WR's in the NFL at that time in Smith and McCardell.

Jay is not a QB that needs a GREAT OL, but he does need GREAT WR's. We now have that and if he is the starter I think he'll have a break out year. I also think AJ will have a break out year if he's the starter.

After saying all that, I have to say Jay had his chance, he had 4-years to make it work. IMO the only thing he has proven is that he is injury prone. At his age I don't think the Dolphins should just name him the starter because if his age and because he is injury prone. I think AJ will win the battle, a very close battle. Hopefully we'll never see Jay start another game for us. I want AJ to be the starter for this team for the next 10-years. But I know if Jay has to come in as AJ's backup he most certainly can win games for this team, especially with this WR corps it now has in Boston and Chambers.

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Okay everybody

Quote:
You guys that have that game.....See what you can scout on Larry Allen....just a thought...

:D
Ohhhh...gotcha :)

If you want to know the difference in 02' and 03' look at the running game. Jay isnt a QB that can do it alone, he needs the supporting cast to step up. In 2002 we all know Ricky was having a killer year, he had 1853 yards. In 2003 he had just 1372 while getting 9 more carries, he also had 7 fewer TD's. Thats a average yard per carry of 4.8 in 2002 all the way down to 3.5 in 2003. In 2002 Ricky forced teams to come up and stop him leaving Jay with more one on one opportunities. In 2003 with our....PATHETIC O Line teams didnt need to bring extra guys. We couldnt block the front 7, meaning the safeties were back forcing Jay to have to make more perfect throws (which he cant do especially on the deep ball). IMO if given a good O Line with Boston, Chambers, Mcmichael, and Ricky even Jay could win alot more games because they cant just shut down one phase of our game. That was our problem last year teams knew if you shut down Ricky, we didnt have a passing game that could beat many teams. This isnt the case this year if you load up with 8 in the box Boston and Chambers will torch you deep. Just my opinion. That being said I hope Feeley wins the job.

Maybe i am wrong on ths one,but was not the bigest problem with Ricky getting big runs last year,the fact that other teams were cheating up thier safeties to stop the run. I think the passing game suffered from the lack of effective pass blocking early, then from the lack of quality wrs oppisiste of chambers. That and Jay plain missing allot of wide open throws. I say let Aj have a legit shot to start. I hope he proves all the neh sayers wrong.Dolfanreal69

Fiedler is just terrible as a starter.He will never take a team to the super bowl.

Here is his 2003 stats for the 4th quarter.

45.3% completion, 1TD,7INTS, and the best one he had was a QB rating of 23.0

With stats like that he deserves to sit on the bench.

Well, I'm not sure what exactly I could add to this thread that wasn't been said... So I'll give alittle thought. I believe all dolphin fans should stop and think about what Jay Fiedler is to the Dolphins. He's that outcast that no one seems to like, the little Jewish kid with big ears that gets made fun off all the time, he gets hurt and fans applaud... and yet the guy comes back, and still tries to do everything he can to win games for YOUR favorite football team. He's shown that he can play at good level and be successful...he's also shown his noodle arm. You have to respect a guy like that... someone thats not the most talented at what he does, but has enough determination, heart, and sheer nut size to get the to highest level at his chosen career.(starting NFL QB) How many of you can say that?

Spazzo

Could it be that Jay is an entirely mental QB? It seems to me that he's either on or he's way way way off. That's just a thought, althought it seems that at this level he should be past that.

J is just not that great
and we need either a great qb or a great line to compete with the pats

Back
Top Bottom